Dani5000

Hello there,

The thing I wanna bring to you is that it simply has nothing to do with simulation when there is somewhat that pushes your brake pedal to the floor in order to keep you under 150 kp/h.

When an (lets call it) "Idiot" wants to go 200 or more by car he should be able to! (e.g. the western coast of italy - it doesn't make fun or even sense for some people to ride the speedway there with about 150)

The point is that we want to have a server where you're able to freely drive your truck or car as fast as you want - and for the people who want to drive realistic (safe and slow) would still have all the other servers left - but the way truckersmp is going to take, I think we already can say goodbye to "Funny Moments" Videos on YouTube.

Dear TruckersMP-Team, please don't keep this settings! Change it for the other kind of players. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Dani5000 said:

I think we already can say goodbye to "Funny Moments" Videos on YouTube.

Well, if that means that people will follow the rules and drive respectful and actually try to compete in vtcs against other vtcs, then it is totally worth it

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I think there are speed limits just because it's not a racing game - it's a simulation. Well, however, I wouldn't say goodbye to funny moments because there's still a lot of players who don't follow the rules on CD road. 

What matters is not the speed you go. The important thing, is It is to obey the rules.

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Speeding was the leading cause of reckless driving and accidents, because of the speedlimiter these accidents have been cut down so much that you barely see many speed related accidents. Over 93MPH is way too fast for a truck and a car too. The car is very unstable and at that speed you can lose control before you go near a turn, the speedlimiter is mainly for cars as they are usually the most reckless and can go near enough 160MPH a lot of the time. The speedlimiter is a great way of preventing accidents and trying to stop trolls, however it doesn't stop all accidents.

cmgeow.pngbanner

Im kinda tired about hearing this opposition about the speed limiter. If anything it benefits everyone. The the limiters help the people that wanna drive like they just spilled hot coffee on their lap while rushing to the hospital stay safer and not wreck as much, so you dont have to pay AS much in damages and dont really risk a ban quite as much. and for those that drive realistically, cause after all this is a SIMULATOR, it helps keep them a bit safer and off your back as much since damages wont be as bad if you even still hit them altogether.

It is still quite enjoyable to drive the car at the limiter. I just did it yesterday. I caused 0 accidents and kept space from the truckers. It really isnt that hard of a concept to grasp and understand. Sometimes you just gotta think about the greater good as opposed to just yourself. As many people have said in many other topics, this is not NFS, this is not Forza, this is not Iracing. This is Euro and American Truck SIMULATOR. Simming how things would be in the eyes of a trucker.

People that are on this title, to make races and each one have their rules, just for "funny moments" on youtube, they are on wrong game for sure.

Anyway, we still see "funny" moments, even under 90 kmh...

Servers are places where we have to live in community and in mutual respect as it should be in real life, if not, then it is recommended to play singleplayer. To play on MP have rules, we must agree or not agree. If we agree, we play, if we do not agree, we will not play. Real life also has rules, and we still can not escape to Mars. Yet. Inside a virtual truck is a real person :)

The global speed limit has reduce the number of troll players, reckless driving and players who play this game like a racing game.I think this idea will be not changed.I think TruckersMP should work more and produce more ideas.

I don't fully agree with the speed limiter but I do fully understand why TMP have introduced the global 150km/h (93mph) speed limit and that is to prevent the accidents caused by the very high speeds and try to reduce the trolling and they have been successful in that as you do no longer see cars flying around at crazy high 200+ km/h speeds crashing and trolling and that is a good thing (especially with the caravans now in MP)

However I do think :tmp: have been very fair and reasonable towards those of us that like speeding as 150km/h (93mph) is still a very fast speed but at the same time a low enough speed to prevent alot of the high speed accidents and trolling caused by the cars especially as they could get unstable at their top speeds but not too low where it ruins the game for people who like to speed safely (its a skill to be able to handle and control your car or truck at speed)

You really do not need to be one bit worried about the Funny Moments videos as they are never gonna die cause trolls and accidents occur at low speeds and with a busy road like C-D there will always be accidents even at slower speeds.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

2 hours ago, VampireOfSnake said:

Not all understand that, you know? For the others, fun=speed...

for those who want to speed, should be asking for the removal of speed limiter from the server where if they want to  drive like an idiot in NFS or GTA they can which is EU4. there speed can = fun while not causing any accidents to anyone other then themselves.

if TMP considered removing the limiter from EU4 as the compromise, and people still said they were leaving I would say let them. 

On 19.4.2018 at 5:12 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

"Why can't you leave away the speed limiter for EU2?"

Because it is particularly the EU#2 server on which the most accidents are caused by excessive speeds.
The recently introduced reduction of the maximum speed limit is to reduce the amounts of accidents and by that, increase the overall gameplay experience for all users.

The idea behind my suggestion is to have a server where "everything" is possible but the people using this one are to blame themselves when they're using it and someone crashes into them. Why would it be so difficult to manage having a server like this (where even no police is looking for). The thing is that you don't have to use eu2 if you're not a racer like the most eu2-users - if you  don't like it you easily could use the eu3 server.

On 16.4.2018 at 8:36 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I can't tell for sure, but I believe that the TMP team is looking into the possibility of removing the speed limits from the EU#4 server. That should be enough, players who want to drive as fast as their vehicles can would have a server where they can't collide with others, no harm, no foul.

Yes, this is the Idea I had, but it would be funnier to have a server where we can collide (like on eu2), but in compensation I don't think the admins would have to look for people disregarding the rules.

On 18.4.2018 at 8:31 PM, VampireOfSnake said:

Not all understand that, you know? For the others, fun=speed...

exactely, some people don't like to get restricted by their speed

On 18.4.2018 at 10:37 PM, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

for those who want to speed, should be asking for the removal of speed limiter from the server where if they want to  drive like an idiot in NFS or GTA they can which is EU4. there speed can = fun while not causing any accidents to anyone other then themselves.

if TMP considered removing the limiter from EU4 as the compromise, and people still said they were leaving I would say let them. 

The thing here is that if they wanna speed up like bastards but collision is disabled, then they will have none of it. Some users just enjoy this chaos consisting of accidents and traffic jams

20 minutes ago, Dani5000 said:

Yes, this is the Idea I had, but it would be funnier to have a server where we can collide (like on eu2), but in compensation I don't think the admins would have to look for people disregarding the rules.

So... Eu#4, removing the NCZ thing and also all of the rules? How about any of the games in this page: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=destruction derby&category3=1? All of them seem to have MP enabled and they seem to be what those players are looking for... Some of them have even weapons on the vehicles!!

More seriously, I don't see this happening. Many people would love a clone of EU#2 without speed limits, but as soon as you remove the rules, it's troll paradise. There are no trolls in EU#4 for a simple reason: There's no way they can troll. Enable collisions, that changes instantly.

Archived