My Tips For a Successful CD Road Trip!

So You want to take a trip down the CD Road? 

Before You hit the CD Road:

Quick Save! Find a suitable spot to stop... such as a repair station, gas station, or the yard that you pick up your trailer from and quick save there. That way if you do get Rammed, Trolled, etc on the CD road... you have a safe spot to roll the game back to. The game does autosave but it often does it while on the road. If you restore your game to an autosave then it's very likely you'll be in the middle of the road. I'm aware that there is ghost mode, but (as far as I know) there isn't a way to tell if someone is currently in ghost mode.

Fill it up! Get your truck fueled before you hit the CD Road, this keeps you from stopping at the gas/petrol stations on the road and have to deal with all that traffic in those small stations...

For the traffic traveling west on the CD Road, there isn't a gas station on your side of the road until just before Calais. For the eastbound traffic, there isn't a gas station until after you pass into Germany (could be wrong but it's somewhere around there).

Can Your Computer Handle it?! Remember where you're going.... the CD road is known for being an area of high traffic, and not everyone has a computer that can handle it... so simply ask yourself... "Can my computer handle it?" If you don't think so, find an alternate route. A way to find this out would be to teleport to a city that has a moderate amount of traffic (such as Dortmund). If your framerate is below 45 FPS with only 20-30 people nearby, don't get onto the CD Road.

If you do take the CD road and your computer is struggling (you're only getting 15 FPS), you'll appear extremely laggy to everyone else, which can cause serious problems.

While On the CD Road:

Remain Alert!  Those trolls can come out of nowhere, after many trips down the CD road I've learned that the hard way... 

Remember the Inappropriate Overtaking Rule! Game Moderators have said that in areas of high traffic (anywhere where there are 20 or more people on your tab menu), overtaking is forbidden. You probably saw those broadcasts reminding everyone that overtaking is forbidden on the CD Road. That's simply because of the high traffic volume during peak times.

People do overtake when they really shouldn't (they may think they're more important), but you should try to help them get back on the right side of the road. If there's a truck coming and you see they speed up, you slow down. If they slow down, you speed up, the goal is to get them back on the right side of the road as quickly as possible. If they hit you while trying to move back onto the right side of the road, then that's either considered Ramming or Dangerous Driving depending on how much damage you take.

Never turn left into a gas station! Chances are you'll be blocking opposing traffic with your trailer. Also, gas station traffic moves with the closest lane, so in order to go in properly, you're basically making a U-turn to go in, and then a U-turn to go out. I cannot count the number of times I got blocked from someone turning left into a gas station right in front of me forcing me to stop...

Someone is laggy in front of me! Keep your distance (150m or more) and be prepared to stop.

Make sure you're recording!  There's always a chance you'll run into someone breaking the rules on the CD road, have your camera running.

Now, I've seen people say things like "2018 rec" or "1206 ban". There really isn't a point to saying that. You don't need to tell them that you're going to report them, that just causes drama in the chat, in my opinion. They'll get what's coming to them...

However, there are some offenses that are only kickable, and others are bannable. Carefully review the footage and ask yourself the question before you report someone... "If I was a Game Moderator, would I ban this person?" 

Last but not least...

Drive Safe!

• True Story 1

~ TheDarkAngel7 ~

Awesome guide for beginners! Especially that "keep distance".  Some people really don't understand how to keep the distance. :)

I driving frequent on C-D road, and sometimes its just a luck to have 0 dmg in the end of the road. You can drive normally, but trolls are everywhere, so don't rely on slow speed and following the traffic rules. If you go there  you must know that there is a chance to be knocked out, and you doing this just for fun sometimes.  Don't drive on this road if you want to complete undamaged job. 

• True Story 1

rxpl4t-6.png.74d0bdf6b3661495631c6804adc82df2.png

On 4/16/2018 at 2:46 AM, KatarameNOS.GR said:

really good guide but i dont agree in that piece "but you should try to help them get back on the right side of the road" 

the rules are clean..as you say it..overtaking is forbidden!! so i DONT slow down or i hit brakes for them to go in they line..i dont care..maybe is hard that i want to say but yeah..

I see where you're coming from, but in my opinion, the CD road is just like any other road just with a high volume of traffic, while it is forbidden a good citizen helps someone get out of their sticky situation. 

Overtaking on the CD road is kickable (and can be bannable depending on the moderator), it becomes bannable if that overtaker causes an accident/close call, until it becomes bannable no matter what, be a nice citizen and help them get back onto the right side of the road. I still don't want to be involved in their accident.

There are 4 levels of zoom in ETS2 on your map, (1 being fully zoomed in, 4 being fully zoomed out), while on level 3 you can see farther ahead and see who's coming, when you see someone coming you can slow down and let the person to your left back over. 

Take it from the veteran driver.

~ TheDarkAngel7 ~

• 2 weeks later...

That's a great explanation. Your suggestions are really useful. Many players go to the C-D road without looking at the computers system and internet speed:excl::ph34r: These players+Fast and careless players cause many accidents. If the warnings accept speed limits and requirements , there will be no problem :truestory:

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

Nice guide but there can always be negative events on that road anytime. so be careful in that way and remember to keep your video recordings open :) 

Lots of accident-free driving :troll:

• Upvote 1

Pleasant regards

Kamer

Veteran Driver II

dcba905cdac6291ae8932f4fba24668b.png

role_veteran-ii1.png.ec521170e6dbabfa52c

You can communicate with me (:

• 2 years later...

Hey!

I read all the lines you wrote. There really is very useful information under each title. In fact , I would like many players to read this topic and learn detailed information. I hope the players will regulate themselves. Thank you so much for the information you gave You are good man.

King Regards
Scanva Diesel A/S

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there @TheDarkAngel7

At the moment your guide is outdated and needs some changes. In particular, this statement is not valid:

However, on the CD Road, it is forbidden to overtake... period

As long as it is done completely safely, and that all rules are followed it is allowed to overtake on the Calais-Duisburg road. Please update your guide or I may have to edit / archive it.

- Phon

- TruckersMP Community Manager

// Update: I have removed the above incorrect content, and your guide has avoided archival due it being a nice, concise guide on a populat topic.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you so much ❤️ Nice guide ! 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 2 years later...