Tweak the town limiter

Suggestion Name: Tweak the town speed limiter/ Town boundaries

Suggestion Description: While i fully agree with the new town speed limiter of 60kph , i believe that it should be tweaked a bit for example Stockholm and Odence , Take Odence for starters , your on the motorway (with the town either side of you ) because of this the motorway is classed as a town boundary which means your limited to the new speed limit for towns , even though you are not in the town you are on the motorway which separates the town on both hillsides next to you so either the town boundaries has to be tweaked or the limiter for that motorway , the same can be said about Stockholm , you are above the town when going on the motorway however it still classes you as being in the town.

Any example images: none (however i can get examples if needed)

Why should it be added?: The motorways are totally separate to the towns and dont affect them, so the town boundaries either need to be tweaked or the town speed limiter needs to be removed from the affected sections (more towns may be affected , i cant say as Odence and Stockholm are on my main routes)

• Upvote 8
  • True Story 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do like this idea, in ATS almost all highways pass through the town they are next to, with some running right through the middle of them. if the highways had their city limit changed to highway limit may make a bit more work for the devs due to them having to draw 2 or more city zones for each city, and would take a lot of time to implement but would be worth it IMO.

cant personally test how it is working in ATS due to the US server being down and I am not capable to play on the EU server unless if the max average ping were raised to 800 ms or more

The idea of removing speed limiters from motorways within the city boundaries especially like cities such as Paris, I agree is a good suggestion.  However, wouldn't that just mean that people will go full speed up the off ramp and crash when trying to go around the junctions too fast to avoid losing to much speed.  I personally think that the joining slip-road shouldn't be limited as you are joining the motorway and need to be going at motorway speed, however the off-ramp should be limited and this is where the issue would lie as you would not being able to slow someone down enough on a straight off-ramp.  

• 2 years later...