0.2.2.3.1 Released

mwl4

Oh? Is that so? 
Well I shouldn't have to suffer just for the majority.
Check out how well your 50 mph limit is stopping crashes! 

People still crash into each other, just slower! 

Reckless driving is the problem, not speeding. Driving over curbs, not yielding, running red lights. All that is why we have crashes here. 
Or we can blame speeding and lower the limit to 20. 

I play MP for a reason, asking me to speed in SP is ridiculous and we both know that. 
Collisions happen, people in MP should just deal with it. It's all cause people can't or don't want to drive properly. 
I can speed and not crash cause I know WHEN to slow down! 

Check the video. 50 MPH limit did nothing. Can't argue with visual proof...
Want more proof? Go on ANY road. You'll find the exact same thing. 

• Upvote 3
  • HaulieCry 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RT911 said:

Well I shouldn't have to suffer just for the majority.

That's selfish...

7 minutes ago, RT911 said:

Check out how well your 50 mph limit is stopping crashes! 

That's just one video, recorded in one of the worst places of the map. Move to different areas, you'll see that the speed limit has, in fact, decreased the number of accidents due to people driving recklessly fast and losing control.

9 minutes ago, RT911 said:

Reckless driving is the problem, not speeding. Driving over curbs, not yielding, running red lights. All that is why we have crashes here.

True, but there's no way to prevent players from playing stupidly. Every other measure that can help lowering the reckless driving (like speed limits) should be welcomed.

12 minutes ago, RT911 said:

I play MP for a reason, asking me to speed in SP is ridiculous and we both know that.

And what would that reason be? Driving a car at 250 Km/h? Driving a truck at 180 Km/h? There are other MP games for racing. These are truck simulators, meant to be played by delivering cargoes safely and undamaged.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 2

19 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

That's selfish...

That's just one video, recorded in one of the worst places of the map. Move to different areas, you'll see that the speed limit has, in fact, decreased the number of accidents due to people driving recklessly fast and losing control.

True, but there's no way to prevent players from playing stupidly. Every other measure that can help lowering the reckless driving (like speed limits) should be welcomed.

And what would that reason be? Driving a car at 250 Km/h? Driving a truck at 180 Km/h? There are other MP games for racing. These are truck simulators, meant to be played by delivering cargoes safely and undamaged.

I'm the selfish one... I'll believe that when the statistics come in on who agrees with it and who doesn't. If minorities around the world today can have their say, so can I. 

Rules and limitations such as these remove the dynamic flow of the game, and contribute to a monotonous play environment, where everyone is limited to the exact same thing. Everyone driving the exact same speed on the exact same road.

@heyhococo and if my point is valid, what? Lower the speed limit again? No thanks.

Whatever happened to the fun element? Where we have things that aren't strictly just exactly as they are in real life? We now need to restrict every factor to prevent the chance of a VIRTUAL crash at the expense of overall enjoyment? 

Maybe ya'll like it, and some others too, but that won't change the fact I do not agree with it at all. 

Knock me all you want. 

• Haha 1

I don't understand why people have such a big issue with the speed limiter. What did you guys do before there was a Skoda?

It is quite obvious that there still will be crashes. If any country lowered their limit, there'd be crashes, and that's in real life. With the limiter being lower, there's a lower chance of it happening, obviously. 

9 minutes ago, Vuurvlammetje said:

Why would you want to drive 180, on a Simulation game.

20 hours ago, MishaStardust said:

Yes, but you see, my truck used to do 180 km/h and now it only does 150 km/h. 180 is higher than 150. Plz fix. :troll:

Not everyone wants to be realistic,  I don't have all day to sit and watch my truck go 110 km/hr and also the game gets boring at this speed without AI traffic. I used to be able to 180 no problem now I'm Limited to 150 :(. There should be a server with absolutely no speed limit so people like me can enjoy the game at high speeds on that server.

2 hours ago, Vuurvlammetje said:

Why would you want to drive 180, on a Simulation game.

Me? I don't. I actually prefer to go the speed limit and have the MP 90 Km/H speed limiter checked.

But why do some people want to drive 180? Because it's larger than 150. Also, because they can't drive that fast in real life. Some people have a need for speed. 

4 hours ago, kni0002 said:

Not everyone wants to be realistic,  I don't have all day to sit and watch my truck go 110 km/hr and also the game gets boring at this speed without AI traffic. I used to be able to 180 no problem now I'm Limited to 150 :(. There should be a server with absolutely no speed limit so people like me can enjoy the game at high speeds on that server.

There used to be not one, but 3 servers without speed limits. And it was the people like you who made the developers decide that it was best for everyone to have a speed limiter. Some can drive at 180 Km/h in a truck or 240 Km/h in the car and cause no issues, but the majority of players who were driving at such speeds were the issue here. Racing, going out of control, crashing into others, causing jams, etc. It's still happening with the 150 Km/h limit, but I'd say that it's not as bad now as it used to be.

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]
Corrections
  • Thanks 1
  • True Story 2

at the end of the day, everyone has a choice.

You either play MP (which is someone elses mod on a server that we are all guests), or you don't.

1. If youre ok with the rules, great, welcome to the community. 
  2. If you don't,  Just log off and play SP or another game. Ps - can I have your stuff.

Its simply really. Cant understand why some people are getting all privileged about it.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1