0.2.2.3.1 Released

mwl4

On 4/24/2018 at 3:25 AM, kni0002 said:

Not everyone wants to be realistic,  I don't have all day to sit and watch my truck go 110 km/hr and also the game gets boring at this speed without AI traffic. I used to be able to 180 no problem now I'm Limited to 150 :(. There should be a server with absolutely no speed limit so people like me can enjoy the game at high speeds on that server.

This is a simulation game. if you want to go fast in a driving game that is open world, go play grand theft auto 5. you can go max speed in that and not ruin any ones trip or vehicle when you crash in to them.  

• Like 1

signature.png

What I am tried the update.I must say that am i was very suprised :)..I think that in  TruckersMP team are lots of people who hard work :) it want congratulation :) .. Thank you Everyone from TruckersMP Team .. I very appreciate  you :) Good luck for next work :)

So I'm not convinced about the speed limits. I think having them in busy urban area's makes some sense, but for so much of the time when on motorways, the roads are empty and most people can safely drive above the speed limit. 

I understand that most accidents are caused by people driving to fast and I'd assume if you have any stats that most of them happen in urban areas. 

Instead of restricting players speed on the freeway, you should encourage them to drive safely! Bonus's for those the drive X distance without crashing or some player recommendation system for demonstrating a good drive etiquette . I'm not sure if any of this is possible as its a mod but as someone familiar with games design, this rewarding of players to play how you want them to play is a much better design than limiting players. 

Just as big of an issue as speeding is those that ignore signal and traffic lights in urban areas as well as people driving on the wrong side of the road. 

Speed restricting isn't the best answer here! 

As for cars with trailers, i think this is just asking for trouble. Most car drives I see are the biggest culprits of unsafe driving and i dont think a caravan will help this in anyway. 

Having said all that, i appreciate the ongoing development of the mod and on the whole think the devs are doing a good job. So thank you :)  

@R Sharpe You can wait for some days, it's been said that speed limits will be removed from EU#4 and you will be able to "go too fast and racing each other" again, with the added bonus that you won't crash into each other. Or more simply, play racing games if what you and your friends want is to race each other. There are lots of racing games, ETS2 is not one of them.

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@R Sharpe You can wait for some days, it's been said that speed limits will be removed from EU#4 and you will be able to "go too fast and racing each other" again, with the added bonus that you won't crash into each other. Or more simply, play racing games if what you and your friends want is to race each other. There are lots of racing games, ETS2 is not one of them.

I'm sorry I like to have fun in a slightly different way to you and not adhere strictly to the rules, better call the fun police on me! Yeah, its a simulation game with terrible physics same as most other sims I play and yes I also play racing games but show me one where I can hitch up a stupid load to a truck and drive around roads that are clearly not meant to be raced on? In other words, lighten up, don't take games too seriously and realise that everyone plays them in their own way ;) 

19 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I'm sorry, but that still doesn't sound like fix. 

Has anyone thought to run a survey to find out what people want? 

Theres 4 EU servers, so maybe a rethink of each one should be considered?

@R Sharpe No need for police, there's TMP administration. And they already took measures to avoid what people like you were doing in the servers. "No adhere strictly to the rules". Lucky you, because people who do that usually end up with a perma-ban. That's what happens when players only care about their own fun, no matter if they are ruining others'. Will you use EU#4 when the speed limiter is removed? There you'll have a full server to do what you want to do without harming others.

@Telescuffle I guess the TMP team has thought long enough before setting the speed limits and then again, before deciding to remove those limits from EU#4. Speed limits were set to lower the amoung of "accidents" (ramming, in fact) due to people driving recklessly. EU#4, being a non-collision server, prevents players from ramming others, so that's where speed limits can be disabled.

28 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@R Sharpe No need for police, there's TMP administration. And they already took measures to avoid what people like you were doing in the servers. "No adhere strictly to the rules". Lucky you, because people who do that usually end up with a perma-ban. That's what happens when players only care about their own fun, no matter if they are ruining others'. Will you use EU#4 when the speed limiter is removed? There you'll have a full server to do what you want to do without harming others.

Someone can understand sarcasm (the fun police do not exist, it is a saying).

Additionally, I haven't ever been banned so clearly by your reckoning I am within the rules thus my kind of fun is perfectly okay. I mean that is clearly what you are saying.

I am not ruining others fun, there was already a space for people who want a more realistic experience, EU1. This is where all those who like to get off over how to realistically they can drive play happily together, telling each other about their realistic delivery times and speeds. Whereas EU people were free to drive as at a higher less realistic speed. No, I didn't go round deliberately crashing, it was just an unfortunate outcome more commonly caused by connection issues rather than speed. This is why I don't see the need for there to be limits imposed. Both those that wanted speed to be limited and those that didn't were already catered for. 

As for your suggestion that I use EU4 once the speed cap is removed, to be honest the has killed the mod for me. This is because while it will be fun watching someone fail in front of you by going to fast it removes the next fun part of trying to not be caught up in the accident yourself. Coming back to the idea that I have chosen to drive in a server where the speed is not capped this giving me the benefit of faster trips but with the risk that I or someone near me may crash as they have misread the road. I see this as a good thing as it is more entertaining and fun. 

Finally, as a note on realism, you can remove the governor from trucks in real life many trucks have been modified in this way (usually older ones as it is easier). Doing this is highly illegal but people do it as it makes journeys that bit faster. Thus I would argue it is more realistic to have some trucks that drive unlimited. Not to mention the fact that no trucks are realistically modelled in terms of speed, power, acceleration etc. not to mention the roads and cities. As such this is why I suggest that people like you remember that, while this is a simulation game but the keyword is not "simulation" but "game". I appreciate that someone like you is not really going to get why I play this game. That said suggesting that ruining/stopping the way any type of player has fun is a good idea is a very naive, childish and selfish view. If they were removing all speed limits from all server I would be just as annoyed. As above, both playstyles were already catered for previously. 

^^ Someone never being banned only means that they were never caught, nothing else. Because they never broke the rules or because they did and were lucky enough that other players didn't report them. Just so you know, racing is against the rules (it's only allowed in EU#4). Racing will make racers try to overtake wherever they can, using any lanes available, on the left, on the right, the shoulder or the grass if there's no other way. That's reckless driving and it's also against the rules. You admitted to both things, so don't say "I am within the rules thus my kind of fun is perfectly okay". Besides, the limits were not put in place specifically for you, or to ruin your playstyle. They were put in place for so many players who were ruining others' games by ramming them because of their reckless driving.

Both playstyles were catered for previously and they will be catered for again. If you don't like playing in a non-collision server, you'll have to settle for the 150 Km/h speed limit, same as simulation drivers who didn't like playing in an almost empty server had to settle for the reckless speeders and almost guaranteed rammings. It is what it is, take it or leave it.

EDIT: Apologies to everyone for the OFF-TOPIC discussion, won't happen again from my side.

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]

48 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ Someone never being banned only means that they were never caught, nothing else. Because they never broke the rules or because they did and were lucky enough that other players didn't report them. Just so you know, racing is against the rules (it's only allowed in EU#4). Racing will make racers try to overtake wherever they can, using any lanes available, on the left, on the right, the shoulder or the grass if there's no other way. That's reckless driving and it's also against the rules. You admitted to both things, so don't say "I am within the rules thus my kind of fun is perfectly okay". Besides, the limits were not put in place specifically for you, or to ruin your playstyle. They were put in place for so many players who were ruining others' games by ramming them because of their reckless driving.

Both playstyles were catered for previously and they will be catered for again. If you don't like playing in a non-collision server, you'll have to settle for the 150 Km/h speed limit, same as simulation drivers who didn't like playing in an almost empty server had to settle for the reckless speeders and almost guaranteed rammings. It is what it is, take it or leave it.

EDIT: Apologies to everyone for the OFF-TOPIC discussion, won't happen again from my side.

I respect that you clearly don't like speeding and that's fine. I've been on the receiving end of reckless drivers plenty of times. But speeding doesn't need to mean reckless. @R Sharpe and I are simply voicing our opinions on the changes here so that the devs can get an idea that some people don't agree. 

I'm going to make an assumption that the reason most people didn't play simulation servers is that they liked having the ability to put their foot down when they want and not be forced to drive slowly everywhere. So do you really think player retention will be good when they find out that they can no longer have the freedom to speed up on long empty roads? 

Time will tell but the fact that the server where speed limits were not imposed and collisions were on was so popular compared to others is probably self-explanatory. 

On 4/15/2018 at 12:07 PM, mwl4 said:

Hello!

New version 0.2.2.3.1 has been released.

Changelog:

• Disabled Winter mod
  • Double-click allows to select the game server now
  • Changed speed limiter settings:
    • In city: [ets2] 60 km/h, [ats] 45 mph
    • Speed limiter setting / having WOTR contract: [ets2] 90 km/h, [ats] 65 mph
    • Speed limiter forced by game server: [ets2] 110 km/h, [ats] 85 mph
    • Default speed limiter: [ets2] 150 km/h, [ats] 100 mph
  • Added caravan trailer
  • Fixed blue leds in Skoda

How do i upgrade to the newer game version? 

Καταγραφή.JPG