How do you Look around and use Mirrors?

SuperMouse

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use real mirror in the left side and on the right mirror i use f2.

The sad part is ppl when they overtacking other trucker they kinda dont use the mirror's and just pass wo give a damn....

I mainly use mouse to look around (sometimes keyboard). I have gear up and down bound to mouse buttons and retarder to the mouse wheel in case I need to use those while looking around.

13 hours ago, SuperMouse said:

Just wondering how does everyone look around in the cabin? I know some people use things like TrackIR to look around with your head movements.

Do you use the F2 mirrors on both sides or one side, or use the mouse to look around, or have key mappings to look to one side?

I use one mirror on F2 for driving and have key mappings to look both ways for junctions.

What do you use?

I set my POV to where I can see my driver side mirror without moving the camera and use the digital camera for the passenger side as I only have one screen. The only time I move the camera is to look around when Im stopped or to look out the window when reversing

On 4/9/2018 at 5:36 PM, SuperMouse said:

I know what you mean, I've played on low settings before on my old PC and the mirrors are fairly blurred.

What I mean by draw area is your PC has to draw another image. That's why the more mirrors you have the more your PC works as it has to make another image. 

In the normal mirrors its normally a really close draw distance so that the PC doesn't struggle too much.

Technical term for this is Render to texture or RTT. Its feature present in most game engines. Sometimes also called picture in picture.

I do not need to turn on the left f2 mirror because I'm always in camera 1, but I always have the right f2 mirror open, because I always drive right lane and sometimes I need to go to the left :lol:

76561198137570016.pngAddFriend.png

I use the G29. With the left and right buttons, the camera moves into the rearview mirror.

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German

If I'm coming out of Calais/Duisburg/busy areas, I will have my passenger side mirror on, but for regular driving, I use the numpad or my D-pad on my G29 to look at my mirrors.

I try to be as realistic as possible, but still be fun.In ETS2 game i play with UK interior so I use the truck mirrors on the Right side and the virtual mirror on my left.In ATS its quite opposite.:lol: I tried using the truck mirror exclusively, but the resolution is just useless.I use my mouse to look left and right when driving.:)

UxiKSFa.png

Archived