Please learn your priorities!

_Photon_

In insurance terms, if the one truck in one of the two lanes on the highway stops to let an exiting vehicle (that does not have right of way) exit, and a second truck/car in the second lane of the highway doesn't stop, colliding into the exiting vehicle, the exiting vehicle would still be at fault for failure to yield. 

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

On 08/04/2018 at 10:29 PM, Lukavsky TMP said:

Hello,

Ofc we must follow traffic rules,but SCS have many mistakes with traffic sings. 

Yeah also the road markings on the ground do make you question if you have right of way, I guess they were trying to make it a don’t not obstruct area but it hasn’t been interpreted by players like the Map dev probably hoped.

There is no exact standard when we should yield to highway exits or at least I don't know which rule disallowed to do so  - but always consider the effect of your every action won't be wrong.

I would have give way to those who are exiting highway if I am slow enough and there are no traffic behind me.  Hazard lights will be there if I stopped.

In opposite, I would only pull out when the oncoming traffic of all lanes stopped there.  Safety first.

I wouldn't risk my life in real world to drive recklessly like that.

On 08/04/2018 at 7:21 PM, OBrasileiro said:

Hello @Photonic

You are right that no one stops in the middle of the highway. However, you forgot something. Many players are "younger players" and they do not know all traffic regulations on the street. And what I also noticed many players drive with Calais to Duisburg and have to drive through this highway (orange). And many players come from Duisburg to Calais and must also take this route (red). Imagine that whoever comes from Calais never gives priority to the other (red). The freeway would overflow and no one would move forward. That's why I think it's good that there are nice people and give priority to others. (green line, stop line)

S28V5Zc.jpg

Your choice for red and orange is kinda confusing, the colors/colours are very similar 

I'm sorry @Rex-e should I change it?

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German

I think it's a pity that players have to ram each other and insult so they can continue:(

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German

Not strictly related but im having issues with just general bad driving. Things like overtaking you at 150kph, then braking hard and cutting in front as they realised they were going to fast for their exit, - overtaking on the inside, just as you are moving back into your lane – driving the wrong way back up exits as they realised they took the wrong turn.

Then I realised that a good portion of the player base are probably too young to even own a RL car license. As such, they will drive the only way they know how, like they do on computer games where a 3 lane road is just a stretch of tarmac to race down. Other players are ‘obstacles’ to avoid etc.

Part of me then is a bit more tolerant of these ‘kids’ so I don’t report his type of stuff and just try to carry on, even when they start shouting abuse down the mic in their prepubescent voices, but the winning part of me is the one logging off and joining EU1

• 2 weeks later...

Archived