Please learn your priorities!

_Photon_

So many times I see truck stopping in the middle of the highway to give priority to other trucks, at the junction for Calais, and I think this is something that needs to be addressed.

In the image I provided you see that that red dot has stopped to let the blue dot through, because of this trucks end up crashing because they get pulled in front of, or end up rear ending the truck in front. In real life would you stop in the middle of the highway? Also yielding when you have priority is against the highway code.

Priorities.png

I don't think this is the worst. In my opinion, the junction between the C-D road and the Brussel-Rotterdam highway needs to be addressed to SCS Software. Having to yield to people driving on the off ramp of the highway does not make sense at all. Also, when someone yields to you on a 4 lanes highway, you need to be careful because some trucks can come very fast on the second lane. I would only yield if I'm driving slow and I know that the danger is to a minimum.

KkdaC1b.png

2 minutes ago, Will [UK] said:

It mostly slows everybody down. 

I appreciate users being courteous, but when they're stopping in the middle of a dual carriageway, it's stupid really and causes un-needed congestion.

That's my only issue with it, when there's no admin at that Rotterdam junction on c+d people just slam on the brakes just to let someone pass and end up letting everyone else pass just backtracking alot of people

I’d say this and the C>D road Rotterdam/Brussels motorway junction is the worst, only because people observe the priorities wrong- like at the C>D junction, the priority signs make no sense whatsoever so people end up crashing because they don’t know which to observe, the signs in game or just general common sense?

Hello @Photonic

You are right that no one stops in the middle of the highway. However, you forgot something. Many players are "younger players" and they do not know all traffic regulations on the street. And what I also noticed many players drive with Calais to Duisburg and have to drive through this highway (orange). And many players come from Duisburg to Calais and must also take this route (red). Imagine that whoever comes from Calais never gives priority to the other (red). The freeway would overflow and no one would move forward. That's why I think it's good that there are nice people and give priority to others. (green line, stop line)

S28V5Zc.jpg

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German

As stated above, many players are very young and do not know much about traffic rules, but it would be good to have a general consent. ^_^

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

One thing you also need to keep in mind that this is one of many heavily populated junctions, meaning that for those poor souls that actually have to yield it can be a nightmare to get out properly during peak hours. Therefore it's appreciated a lot sometimes when there's some kind person who actually slows down or stops to let others out even tho he/she doesn't have to.

Also I've never heard of any law prohibiting vehicles to yield even when they don't have to, I know for a fact that I and many others often yield to other heavy vehicles in real life on the road even tho we don't always have to just because it's a kind thing to do and might assist him/her a bit. I do however know that IF you rear end a vehicle it's your own fault however you try to turn it since either you werent paying attention to the road and traffic ahead of you or you were driving too close to the vehicle in front of you.

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

We must and we follow the traffic rules when this is possible. Example - when i driving in convoy with 30-40 peoples and see one or two trucks waiting for left turn on T- shaped crossroad i stop and let them make the turn, otherwise they have to wait whole convoy. Same at Calais, when exiting the city on crossroad for Lille/Train i drive on highway and i'm with priority, but sometimes when there is small traffic i let guys coming from my right side to move and make the left turn for Calais there.

rxpl4t-6.png.74d0bdf6b3661495631c6804adc82df2.png

True. Be careful and follow the "Give way" sign. Also check the GPS.

In addition: There is a priority within the roundabout.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Normally I would allow the truck out because I would feel that truck would just pull out and swipe me. I've experienced people not slowing down and the pull out not seeing you at full speed causing crashes.

Not all drivers stop at every junction like Real life. So no you wouldn't do it in real life but no you don't have teenagers doing 90mph doing the exit roads pulling out.

I always have the map on anyways to keep an eye out for dots and if there is one stopped most people fairly easily drive around it.

11 minutes ago, Hamsie said:

For sure, anyway, if everyone would drive at a normal speed, many accidents could be avoided.

Indeed!

In most cases people are just letting you out to be nice, also on busy junctions it can be a good thing to let people out. If you didn't then no one would be able to get out and as mentioned before the highway would over flow. (only if its a busy junction)

But at most junctions especially where trucks that you cant see as they are blocked by the truck in the first lane can fly out of nowhere so it is dangerous a lot of the time.

I quite agree. The trucks on the highway should be given priority, just like in real life. However, not everyone knows the road rules and sometimes people give way as an act of kindness.

For example, in my video here, 3602 stopped to give way to 2404 (red truck). He shouldn't have stopped according to the rules, but if he didn't stop, the red truck would've waited for another minute because it was too busy to cross the road. In the end, the red truck didn't accelerate, so I started driving. It's not always safe to stop in the middle of the road when you have the right of way, but I appreciated that the truck stopped, in this situation.

EDIT: Since my YT video got copyrighted, here's the play.tv version: http://plays.tv/video/5acba4adea53882c94/yield-sign

UsDxWIH.png

1 hour ago, StickyEagle said:

I quite agree. The trucks on the highway should be given priority, just like in real life. However, not everyone knows the road rules and sometimes people give way as an act of kindness.

For example, in my video here, 3602 stopped to give way to 2404 (red truck). He shouldn't have stopped according to the rules, but if he didn't stop, the red truck would've waited for another minute because it was too busy to cross the road. In the end, the red truck didn't accelerate, so I started driving. It's not always safe to stop in the middle of the road when you have the right of way, but I appreciated that the truck stopped, in this situation.

Your video got copyrighted, we appreciate the effort.

On 08/04/2018 at 9:36 PM, [TSRVTC] Michael Jacks said:

You do have to remember that not all our members are of age to know the full highway code. However, I wouldn't see an issue with it being addressed.

Maybe that is something we can address. How about posting a simplified version on the website? Personally I have known the highway code from a very young age.

The comments on this post are very true. The concerning factor is that I am starting to see this in real life too. The only exception I can think of is if you are turning into the junction; especially if you need to swing wide.

Correct. Although if somebody does stop, as @Rootyyysaid, they should be watching the road ahead, and able to stop. If not they are too distracted or going too fast. Furthermore, can people learn how to use roundabouts, please?!

Another major obstacle are the drivers who are coming from Paris into Calais because the left turning lane at the Calais junction for the motorway that goes towards the C-D junction is a yield and there are stop lines on the Calais-bound side also suggesting a yield (but no yield signs for the latter), there is no clear sense of priority (even though the Calais-bound traffic are going straight ahead), it's really confusing and the left turning lane that I have just mentioned is full to capacity and because everyone wants to get to the Calais-Duisburg road.

This is what creates a dangerous situation as you don't know which group should go, one after the other - is it the C-D bound traffic that should go one-at-a-time then the Calais-bound traffic or should they yield first to the Calais-bound traffic coming from Paris before proceeding ahead? 

Archived