Less players on EU2.

God_Save_The_Queen

Hi Drivers!

Since the update released on the first of April which got the 150 km/h speed limit added it would appear the EU2 server has issues reaching full capacity. For example last night (In Aussie time) there wasn't alot of people on when before on other Friday's night the servers well typically full at a similar time. It looks like a decent chunk of people got upset with the limit. 

So I was wondering how would you guys fix this issue and get more players playing again? Perhaps a event? I want to see your opinions. So comment below. 

No I am not trying to discuss the speed limit as that is clearly not going to change anytime soon.

Drive safe! :D

I saw the server near it's full capacity earlier at my normal playing time (6-10pm) and there was a small queue to get in. Although maybe you are right - some people don't like it but that's their loss imo. I enjoy it + I barely even notice it because I drive at limits etc and never intend on exceeding 150 KM/h with a truck!

Kind regards,

Ali.

TruckersMP Senior Support Manager

TruckersMP Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

remember we were staring up to those peaks on the horizon +x

Maybe the player count goes down a little, but it would be probably because of those players who only drove cars to go faster than 200 Km/h. They can't do that now, maybe they decided to go and play a real car racing game and use TMP only from time to time. Just a theory, but if this is the case, I think that it's a win for everyone. I never understood why those people were playing a truck simulator anyway.

haven't noticed it, server was full + 250 queue last night (CET). I did however notice a lower count on EU#1 which could mean people indeed left TMP and some players who would normally play on EU1 filled up that gap.

It could also mean more people are going out because the weather is improving B)

I think the servers might feel a bit quieter because there's still a lot of people doing the world of trucks event. :P

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Maybe the player count goes down a little, but it would be probably because of those players who only drove cars to go faster than 200 Km/h. They can't do that now, maybe they decided to go and play a real car racing game and use TMP only from time to time. Just a theory, but if this is the case, I think that it's a win for everyone. I never understood why those people were playing a truck simulator anyway.

Most likely because the game is cheap, supports a modding community, has really big map compared to most games and this MP is quite big which hosted the infamous 200km/h car.

Thanks for all your opinions so far guys!

I myself have found that there are fewer people ingame as compared to say 3 weeks ago. 

But rather than the speed limiter, I'd say it's more likely due to maybe boredom

@oolala11That's definitely a possibility, numbers are always lowest 1-2 months before SCS's newest update.

I'd give you a like for your post, but I don't want to ruin your 1337 reputation. B)

When I looked at it last night, the eu2 server was full.160-170 people were waiting in the queue to enter the game. 

Maybe other players have entered the racing game.(Since the limit of 150 km/h) :) 

I think other servers are becoming more popular, which is good - rather than having everyone crammed into 1 server. Placing a speed limit has made people think what a simulation game is, and now more people are playing seriously on more peaceful servers.

Having events like the real operations events do bring a lot of people in but as a result they have to put it on a separate server, which won't being people back onto EU2.

• 2 weeks later...

Compared to last december i would say yes this could mostly be caused by the fact that its not aholiday and also the speed limit issue

Archived