Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

[SCS Blog] ETS2 Baltic: Border Crossing Prefabs

SCS Blog

Beyond the Baltic Sea, the new DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2 that we are working on now, will be one of the largest and most complex expansion regions. The area we plan to cover is vast, and it involves parts of five different countries. This is an additional challenge for us with all the various regional differences, like road signs, or the local industries.

06.jpg

Particular focus is also required for country borders. The border crossings between the EU and Russia are a new phenomenon in our games, as there is much stricter regime there than within EU. Customs checks are taking place on both sides of the border line and they may take a long time to spend in a queue, which may turn out to be clashing with our desire for fluid gameplay.

In our effort for maximum realism in the world, we are building new prefabs to represent the unique architecture of these border crossing hubs. It's not just the buildings of crossings themselves, we also want to improve the fidelity with some still-functional as well as no-more-functional installations from the Soviet era which can be found along the roads near the borders.

03.jpg

Let us show you a little gallery of screenshots including examples of the prefabs that our team is building for the various border crossings for Beyond the Baltic Sea...

Articles related to Beyond the Baltic Sea Expansion:
Beyond the Baltic Sea
Af3N36Fbjjc

View the full article

• Like 2

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

Great job SCS. These border crossings are looking very much like the real thing. I have high anticipiation for the Baltic DLC. :)

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  GPU : MSI Geforce RTX 2060  MOTHERBOARD :  ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING MEMORY : ADATA XPG  16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz  SSD :  CORSAIR 120GB  550MB - 500MB  SSD  : SAMSUNG 250GB 860 550MB - 520MB SSD  : ADATA 480GB SU630 520MB - 450MB  CASE : Cooler Master MasterBox MB511  PSU : Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

Looking good as always.

In case you're curious about real life looks;

Spoiler

rl.jpg

I'm not entirely 100 per cent about this one but this border crossing is roughly 95 kilometers away from the one seen above and is the Russian side of the crossing which looks similar to another photo in the post (even the satellite dish is there);

Spoiler

rl2.jpg

18 hours ago, VampireOfSnake said:

Look great! I think that will be the best DLC of map! Good job and good luck SCS Team!

it's nice to hear such reviews about developers)

23 hours ago, caff!!! said:

I wonder if this means having to wait at the border as well, it would be a nice touch.

maybe they in this respect will do something interesting for us)

• Guest locked this topic