How do you make a living?

Lasky_

Didn't you have truck license? Maybe you have but havent found a job yet, ive heard in Sweden it's quite hard to find the job you want when you have truck license

Yeah i got it, but i only do some trips maybe every 2-3months. I wouldn't say its hard to find a job where i live. It fact, its easier to get a job around here. In the city where i live people know everyone, and since we are not many people working at the same places, it would be ideal with the license so you can do more yourself. If u understand ;)

76561198052285662.png

Helpful Websites: (Reddit Techsupport) (TMP Support) (SCS BlogUpdated: 12.01.18

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i got it, but i only do some trips maybe every 2-3months. I wouldn't say its hard to find a job where i live. It fact, its easier to get a job around here. In the city where i live people know everyone, and since we are not many people working at the same places, it would be ideal with the license so you can do more yourself. If u understand ;)

Sounds like the place where i want to live haha, what kind of cargo do you haul?

xxsBl4cK O.O, while I'm "technically" broke based on my bank account and being used by my family (one reason why I'm broke). I'm content with my life... Crappy job, bad pay (for Canada/what I do), unpredictable hours currently... how am I content? Much like you I don't need social stats or money. But I need work, without it sitting at home all day would drive me crazy even if I didn't have one of the family members who's tying to destroy me there...

I do however have hundreds of games a few dozen audio discs hundreds of movies and thousands of dollars in tech. Last year alone I've bought prob close to $400-500 in games from humble bundle (I think), majority of which went not to the devs but charities, to people who I think need the money more than me.

Oh before anyone bashes me about hating my family... some quick facts:

1: they caused 5 years(nearly) of unemployment losing 100k, based on hours and pay from the job last had

2: they forced me to goto post secondary school just to try to collect money from a divorce, this also drained my savings (nearly half of the cost of the course I would of looked up better than they did)

3: refused to even sign anything to help me proceed with said schooling (line of credit), not like the diploma would of gotten me a job anyways (bad course)

4: lied about legal documents and slipping an additional one in, and dragging me in a 120k lawsuit saying if "they" not "we" lose I pay that and all legal fees (prob around $200k total)

5: would throw me out in this current weather w/o money food etc if it means mashing money... and have stated their intent to do so one the latter part of 4 is dealt with

To me money is a fictitious tool for control manipulation and the fact I could lose up to $300k before 30... I don't care about it. That's why I'll prob stay single for life because only family I can trust are my siblings who got bonned over just like me in all this (and a few friends, a lot like the fast furious movies I don't have friends I have family yet only a few are actually blood)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Mostly timber, woodchips or firewood ;)

Here in Sweden you need like 5 years of experience with a truck before you will get a timbertruck job if you don't have contacts.. because they dont want to hire fresh truckdrivers which i understand but 5 years is quite much hehe.

Here in Sweden you need like 5 years of experience with a truck before you will get a timbertruck job if you don't have contacts.. because they dont want to hire fresh truckdrivers which i understand but 5 years is quite much hehe.

I work for Scotts timber in the UK and we import Swedish timber from a company called valdi(or something like that)

7572736451.png

Thats actually a long time :o Here in Norway you can start driving with timber already when u are around 20-21years old. 1 year after u start practicing. Of course, a lot of hours behind the wheel would be an essential thing to do to make your practicing part shorter. My dad have been driving trucks his whole life, so i started "play drive" when i was first 8 years old. And started for real when i was around 12-13 years old. :)

76561198052285662.png

Helpful Websites: (Reddit Techsupport) (TMP Support) (SCS BlogUpdated: 12.01.18

I´m not really agree with sharing each one´s private life stuff, but who cares about work? heh. I´m actually trying to learn from my first year as Logistics (Industrial software) ingenier and I take my free time into YouTube. With a trucker dad I´m already 22 and still wish I could be truck driver but here in Spain (even in the north)  things are going worse every day overall, and trucker´s job is becoming **** so my dad avoids me going that way.

Who knows if someday I can get (and afford)  that job of my dream. I will stay in a sim meanwhile, and mb know people with same likes to help each other in the future : )

lkRjRkb.png

One thing I will say about my career choice.. I used to love cricket, used to play every oppurtunity, learnt my skills in being a groundsman at my local club in my spare time and applied for a full time job as a First-Class cricket groundsman and got the job, don't get me wrong, I love my job, but the downside is it makes me avoid anything to do with cricket, or lawns or anything garden related in my spare time!

Thats kind of the same as taking work home with you, when you need to spray the garden for weeds or rake the moss out the lawn or give advice to the neighbours!

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

recently worked at Ikea, but unfortunately the working conditions changed for the worse, at the moment I work in a warehouse (Russia,Moscow), compose orders for 13 stores (magazines and newspapers)  :) what for me the perfect job?I do not know ... the main thing that the staff was excellent, it is very important!Sorry for my english, I hope you understand me correctly :lol:  ;)

• 1 month later...

understood what you said, shame about the ikea job but agree that excellent staff make for a good working environment. 

Noticed a DAF workshop right opposite one of the ambulance stations:

wp_20111.jpg

yeah)now I only work at night and I like it) I don't like to sleep at night in Russia about such people say - owl (you are by nature an owl) :lol:  Ubcibyu.jpg

Currently a Student, and an In-Traning State Police Officer. In my free-time, I produce a show and film, edit, and sell wedding, communion, and other events which are in need of documentation.

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

Archived