The thing that triggers me the most about ETS2 and ATS is that there are better ways to travel that the GPS will not show.  Below are several route changes that could save you time, and MONEY while driving on MP.  The route visual pictures are shown at the bottom.  The gray route represents what the GPS may show, and the blue route shows the better alternative.

1. The Dijon Bypass: Not only will the gray route cause you to slow down and speed up again, it also charges you for it!  Why pay two tolls, when you can pay none and save diesel costs too!

2. The LA Bypass: There is a MAJOR interstate junction a mere three miles from the route that the GPS may route you on.  Therefore, why deal with slowing down just to hop back on the freeway?  If you're playing SP, this could delay your delivery by a long shot due to traffic and slow speed limits.

3. Phoenix Freeways: Due to Phoenix's rectangular shape, it is a very popular mixup for the GPS to route you off the highway and onto another via side roads.  This is mainly a problem in SP, but in MP it can wear on fuel as well.  Phoenix has a stack interchange right in the center that will get you between northern and southern Phoenix a lot faster!  This doesn't apply if you come from the north on I-17 delivering to northern Phoenix, or if you're coming from the south on I-10 delivering to southern Phoenix.

4. The MP Italia Super-Shortcut: If you are in SP, taking the ferry between Naples (Napoli) and Palermo will probably make you late for your delivery, unless you've been given a lot of time to drive to Sicily. However on MP, taking this long, costly ferry may save you HALF AN HOUR of driving, and you will still make your delivery ON TIME.  Believe me, the ferry cost is worth it on MP!

What are some of your shortcuts to save money and/or time on MP?  Let me know, and I will try them myself.  Feel free to try my suggestions as well!

IMG_1413.JPG

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

Hey, there is already an option, doing shortest, best and small roads in-game. You might do "shortest" if you want to save time.

Here a picture of this opition:

lNG84pU.png

But please don't get me wrong, I really like this idea, this is a very creative thought. ;)

I am fully supporting that, anyway, I just wanted to give the hint, that there is already a feature implimentet in both games, to save time. ;)

ANOTHER ALT ROUTE

Strasbourg-Rotterdam Toll Avoider: If you are coming from points further southeast, the Autobahn 81 is also a good shortcut.  However, I have a garage in Strasbourg, meaning I have plenty of experience with wanting to avoid tolls.  If you want to, please go via the blue route!

IMG_1426.JPG

Nice idea. Live traffic flow like a road spiker. I like that, my friend.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

I'm here on ETS2 to enjoy the roads, not to deliver as fast as possible. For me, it doesn't matter if it takes a few minutes more to drive to a destination. The longer routes seem to be more interesting as well, they're curvy. However, I like your 'troll avoider' route, it looks like a good alternative route. Thanks!

UsDxWIH.png

2 hours ago, StickyEagle said:

The longer routes seem to be more interesting as well,

I don't think you know the difference between taking a longer route and getting TomTommed.  I take different routes all the time; I got sick of going via Leipzig and Nuremberg (Nurnburg) to get between Malmo and Italy.  So this one time I went via Prague (Praha) instead.

Most of these alternate routes are ways to outsmart getting TomTommed.  TomTommed (or SATNAVved in the U.K.) is when the GPS takes you on an unnecessary road with slower speed limits just because it is SLIGHTLY shorter than the fastest way.  I love taking different routes to go between places where the only option is a choice of two highways (Scandinavia and Italia), but I dislike being TomTommed

• 2 weeks later...

Archived