Global speed limiter

Scar

tbh 150km/h (93mph) is still a very fast speed and you can still enjoy speeding safely at that speed :) Sure for the cars its alot slower then their top speed but for the trucks its not much slower then their top speed, sure it would be nice to be able to reach full speed in the trucks and go a bit faster in the cars on the big empty roads around the map but the fact is that its no longer possible, :tmp: have made it clear more then once that they are not gonna be changing it and that atm its planned to stay.

Its not the end of the world that  you can no longer go faster then 150km/h :P

Like many of you here I also don't agree with it however I do understand their reasons and they are valid.

Someone mentioned above that Unfortunately it's the few that ruin it for the many and that is very true in this situation, too many trolls and people who can't control the speed have been causing alot of crashes due to their high speeds and they make the rest of us who can handle the speed look bad :(  Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the betterment of everyone and this is just one of those times.

I'm sure the TMP team are well and truly aware of the upset about this - its been made perfectly clear by alot of people :excl:

• Like 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

(I posted this in a now trashed topic so for anyone who didn't see it i will post it here )

The reason so many people are saying go to EU1 is simple:- 

EU1 is the simulation server ( Speed limiter:- Enabled , Cars:- Disabled , Collision:- Enabled)

EU2 is non-simulation with cars ( Speed limiter:- Disabled , Cars:- Enabled , Collision:- Enabled )

EU3 is Non simulation without cars ( Speed limiter:- Disabled , Cars:- Disabled , Collision:- Enabled) 

EU4 is free for all ( Speed limiter:- Disabled , Cars:- Enabled , Collision:- Disabled

So i see both sides of the story , On one hand what gives the people who want a simulation server, but dont want to go to EU1 ,the right to demand a limiter on the non limited servers and tell the speeders to go to EU4 , if you want to go for simulation go to the simulation server dedicated to that purpose (Aka EU1) , On the other hand  what gives the speeders the right to tell everyone to go to EU1 .

Lets say for instance, we say ok this is a simulation game meant to simulate real life ok , In the UK Trucks are limited to 56mph, however i have been in a truck before (with a recently calibrated speedometer ) and we were doing 56mph however a truck passed us like we were literally stood still (he was easily breaking the roads car limit of 70mph ) so even in real life you get people who break the rules of the road , hell i will fully admit i speed when ever i go out on the motorbike  , so even if this game was simulating real life , there should be no limiter on the non limited servers ( EU2,3,4) it may be a simulation but its still just a game at the end of the day.

With all the above being said i can see the argument for having a limiter on, it will cut down on reckless driving , not so much accidents as i believe what will happen now is people will be fighting each other to get in front (eg ramming other trucks ect ) so they can get the lead and the person they rammed cant catch back up , Yes it means extended driving times but at 150kph you should be able to control your Truck a lot easier and come to a stop faster in an emergency.

so as with everything there will always be pros and cons there will always be people who agree and people who disagree with what happens , at the end of the day that's what makes us all human and individuals , As for people saying if you want speed play f1 or something , what they don't understand is f1 is a car , people want to go fast in a truck something that isn't designed for speed, it isnt in a racing game its unique

(personally i use speed in ETS2 to get from Palermo to Uppsala in 2hrs , real time gameplay , anymore that 2 hrs playing the same game gets boring for me.) 

So yes to summarise i see both sides of the argument , Pros and cons for having a limiter , Why people want it and why people don't , But this time around we don't have a choice in the matter (personally i'm semi ok with the 150kph  as that's the speed i used to do anyway before i knew how to alter my truck , but if EU4 does become no limiter , then i will happily hop over there from time to time to get a speed fix.

Also the reason so many people are complaining is mainly human nature , Your removing a freedom that they once had , Its the same with everything you remove someones freedom to do something (be it the right choice or not) People will always fight and complain about the issue , Again its what makes us human and individuals.

I hope what i have said above helps both sides of the argument understand the other sides a bit better.

Take care , All the best and Happy trucking.

Blackrider

• Like 1

On 02.04.2018 at 9:43 PM, scarface0359 said:

Sevgili oyuncular,

En yeni yama ile tüm sunuculara global bir hız sınırlayıcı dahil ettik. Simülasyon sunucularımızdan ayrı olarak, diğer tüm sunucular da artık sınırlı. Simülasyon olmayan sunucuların maksimum hızı şimdi 150 kph'dir (93 mph).

Birçok kaza ve pervasız sürüş örneğinin yüksek hızlarda sürülmesinden kaynaklandığını fark ettik, bu yüzden bunu azaltmak ve tüm oyuncularımızın oyun içi deneyimini geliştirmek için bir girişim. Bazı oyuncularımızın gerçek profesyonel olduğunu biliyor olsak da, bu kararın gerekli olduğunu düşünüyoruz.

Oyuncularımızdan gelen geri bildirimleri takdir ediyoruz. Ancak, bu kez, bazen kendi yolumuza ve geleceğimize karar vermemiz gerektiğinden oyuncularımızın geri bildirimlerini ve fikirlerini sormaya karar verdik. Simülasyonu TruckersMP'ye zorlamak istiyoruz ve bu karar bizim amacımıza uygun hale getirildi.

Hız sınırlayıcıları bilinmeyen bir süre boyunca aktif kalacaktır ve geçici olmaları amaçlanmamıştır. Verdiğimiz rahatsızlıktan dolayı özür dileriz.

-TruckersMP Ekibi

Ana sayfadaki yayını göster

Do not you think? Add limit only to the car, to the truck is also unnecessary I know it is hard, however, so the server will not have players drop, in addition, today I came to notice that the server lost a lot of player, the servers were more empty what other days and, many complain and many approve because of the car, so why not? add speed limit only for cars and trucks can drive without limits, in addition, truck reaches speed 170km hardly and even at this speed, it is possible to maintain stability, and also has automatic save in case something goes wrong but if they do this will greatly reduce accidents and will please everyone and SCS will not lose advantage in its new DLC.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Someone said something about people complaining is the people who usually drives 150+, and I can confirm that. I, for myself, am rarely driving that speed these days. I used to be driving fast but I would slow down to traffic speed. If you have a need for speed, there's a plethora of games that allows that. This is a truck game... Even a 150 km/h is still quite a bit fast to be honest. So why are people complaining about it? Because they can't reach their ludicrous speed of 160 km/h? Which is barely reachable with a 1 ton trailer anyways. I see some people leaving, but do I care? Nah, less speed demons on the road isn't a great loss. ;) 

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

KkdaC1b.png

All of you who are new here doesn't know that this is the second big debate about the speed limiter and the same thing they done the first time:

- the admins put the speed limiter on Europe 1 ( 90 km/h ) and in that time the server was full every time. ( admins choice )

- after a month if i rekon after this 90 km/h limit the server was half full and after 2 months they put on a pot to see who is with the limiter and who is without.

- they decide the europe 1 shoud remain with 90 km/h  and they made europe 2 server without the speed limiter attention "without speed limiter"

- in that momoment europe 1 has remained half full or less i can say, and europe 2 has been full all the time .

Now why do you take our fun from us ?... you admins will not solve this problem the problem isn't the speed is the people... many of the accidents happens between duisburg and calais if i remember this well because the road is very busy ... and some people doesn't have the time to stay in the crowded road and pass everyone and thats the moment u have your self "the accidents" ... 

you said 3 years a go if i can remember this well? .. Europe 2 no speed limit and as that will remain and now u come back after 3 years and put again a speed limiter..

you should put at server information in website " No speed limit " Enabled because this is what you did ...

you always say that all accidents happend because of the speed .. but this is not true, this is not the only cause and u know it better u try to blame all accidents on the speed.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

i'm pretty sure if you create another server without speed-limit  just like eu2 everyone gonna move to that server and the people who are happy with this speed-limit decision even they will come to this server when they see EU2 = dead '' yeah lets go to the new server and drive 60KM/H which is the speed-limit on the GPS and waiting for someone make a mistake when overtaking him and inmeaditly gonna report it on the website because thats why hes playing for and yeah sometimes it goes wrong but not because of the speed LuL

1. Respect other players ( People see from GPS  there is traffic jam but they dont slow down and overtake which ends crashing into someone else JUST INCREASE THE BAN LENGTH and they wont do it again easily )

2. Increase the ban-length And/OR get a new system if someone got banned he cannot log-in and join TMP just like that with another account ( This is a way to get rid of trolls ) €5,- new account? i can buy 10 easily

3. Dont blame everything on Speed TMP learn from your mistakes

4. Get a PING limit i mean your mod isnt optimized that well even with the best PC in the world your FPS will hurt you when there is 100+people near you and what happens if you put people with 300+ ping into European servers? do you ever think about that

5. Maybe last option but a usefull one, You all saying this is a Simulator right? '' TRUCK SIMULATOR '' make the Skoda available only for IN-GAME MODERATORS (Admins)  and problem solved. 50% less accidents

MAKE A STEP FORWARDS, NOT BACKWARDS TRY TO FILL OTHER SERVERS WITH THEIR OWN PEOPLE INSTEAD OF LOSING PEOPLE NOW BY REPEATING THIS SAME MISTAKE JUST LIKE IT HAPPENED BEFORE

Road-King

rip TMP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dear @Road-King,

players who like to follow road traffic rules and respect the games speed limits (which can be significant lower than the speed limit allowed by TruckersMP in-game rules) are also allowed to drive on servers without a speed limit.
But they can hardly be blamed of provoking dangerous overtaking manoeuvres. Because it always lays in the overtakers responsibilty to overtake in such a manner that is safe for all road traffic participants.If the traffic situation is unclear and/ or does not allow a safe overtaking manoeuvre, one has simply to wait behind the slower vehicle until it is safe.
Consequently, if the overtaker harms other players, it is the right of any harmed player to report this rule violation.

Edited by Joao Rodrigues
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Dear @Road-King,

players who like to follow road traffic rules and respect the games speed limits (which can be significant lower than the speed limit allowed by TruckersMP in-game rules) are also allowed to drive on servers without a speed limit.
But they can hardly be blamed of provoking dangerous overtaking manoeuvres. Because it always lays in the overtakers responsibilty to overtake in such a manner that is safe for all road traffic participants.If the traffic situation is unclear and/ or does not allow a safe overtaking manoeuvre, one has simply to wait behind the slower vehicle until it is safe.
Consequently, if the overtaker harms other players, it is the right of any harmed player to report this rule violation.

My friend ... if you want to go and drive with 90 km/h go on Europe 1 that is the "simulation" server limited with no cars and with what u want go on that server and leave us be in our No Speed LImiter server ...

Thank you. 

Dear @scarface0359
I do not think this is right. In some cases you are right. However, you should realize that this limit gives a feeling of imprisonment. This is a fact. If you think this is really an accident prevention, it is also a fact that no accident can be prevented with 150 km / h. It already has EU1 server simulator limits. Also the EU3 is only for trucks. So this limit would be more appropriate there. There are cars in EU2 and the limit was not good. I will write a few suggestions.
- do not set limits on people who do not have a long period of ban. (for example I like to reach the final speed with Skodam, but I do not harm anyone, it is also with the drivers and trucks).
- Limit by number of players in the tab. (if there are 15 players in our tab list, put the limit into effect)
- Limit according to the server occupancy rate. (If the server has exceeded the limit of 3000 players, it may become active.)
- MP and level system! (Each player must have a level in the TMP profile according to her performance, this must be based on the playing time and the ban status, Speed limit increase must be increased by increasing the level.).
- Ask the players, as in "/ fix" command. they must answer that limit.

tenor.gif?itemid=7717986

Edited by Carrera18
the last line has been added.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, C?rlos Edu?rdo said:

I am a player who makes end-to-end trips up to twice when I go out on work nights almost 8500 kilometers. And I would like to challenge you to do these laps at 150km

Check this. More than 1 million Km on jobs, more than 1000 Km average distance per job and with a 90 Km/h speed limit. Enough for your challenge?

@maurizio.pollini Please, check your facts and your times. You say that "there were already a bunch of servers" and later you say that "They decided to make 2 servers". Then you complain about EU#2 server had almost no admins. This was because Eu#2 server, when it was opened, was NCZ everywhere, same as EU#4 currently. Keep reading, my answer to dacia1310 explains what I remember from those days. And no, I'm not suffering from Alzheimer. :lol:

@dacia1310 Back in the day, there was only EU#1 server. It was speed limited. And the ETS2MP team (TruckersMP came later) decided to open a new server without the speed limit. Because there were so many people whining and crying about being limited.  The new server was set to be NCZ everywhere. They changed it later, because the speed-fans couldn't stop whining and crying about "non-collision" is boring. And even later, the speed-fans kept whining and crying because EU#1 was still more crowded than EU#2, they were demanding to change numbers so the non-speed-limit server would be #1 and the limited would be #2 (to attract more people, they said). What I see here is that speeders have been whining and crying since day zero. Now they keep doing it because they can't go faster than 150 Km/h. And for the record, we can't "let you be on your No Speed Limiter server", because right now, there's no such server (though I believe that they could make EU#4 the no-speed-limits server, as rules are different there and there's no chance to collide with other players). Will you use EU#4 if they set it as "No speed limits"? Stop asking others to go to the EU#1 server. What if I want to drive with cars around? Or with many players instead of mostly empty roads? And if I go into EU#2, I'll keep doing the speed limits (not 150 Km/h, but the trucks speed limits on every roads). If someone is doing 70 Km/h on a 70 limited road and someone else comes doing 150 Km/h and causes an accident, it will be always the fast driver's fault, period. And of course, if that fast driver hits my truck, I'll report him/her for reckless driving and ramming. You don't like that, go into EU#4, where you can't ram anyone else. See how easy is to turn things around when it comes to "Go to this server"?

@Road-King Respect? If that were common in EU#2, there would be no need for rules. Sadly, it's the other way around, most players show no respect to others, they only care about their fun. Increasing ban times would work but only to a point, because lots of people just get new accounts and evade their bans. If it were so easy to detect and eliminate this behaviour, the developers would have done it long ago. No one is blaming everything on the speed, but speed is the most common cause of road accidents. Limiting access to the servers based on ping times higher than... What, 150 ms? would be totally unfair for all South American or Asian/Australian players, they'd have no chance of playing TMP. And that would really lower the playerbase big time. Limiting access to players with weak machines who play with low FPS count... How would you do that? It's impossible to know who has a potato PC or who has a NASA computer for playing. Finally, the car was meant to be used only by admins, then a "civilian" version was released so players could use it as "Pilot" for convoys, it was never meant to give players a surface-to-surface missile so they could go 250 Km/h wherever they want. Sadly, this is the way most car drivers in the game were using it.

@Carrera18 Those ideas could be more or less fine, but I don't see how they could be implemented into the mod. And I doubt that the developers would waste a lot of time "tuning" the speed limits for cars, when the game, let's not forget this, is about trucks. I know that there are many players who use cars a lot more than trucks (some even stated that they don't drive trucks at all). But in the end, it's a truck driving game, the cars were just a "gift" from the developers. You should be thankful for having the option to drive one. Don't forget that the same as they put a car in the mod, they can remove it whenever they want.

Just my 2 (or 200) cents. And seeing that this "debate" about the speed limits will never end, because there's no way to make everyone happy, my last contribution in this topic

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]
Adding answer to maurizio.pollini
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

On 2/4/2018 at 9:03 PM, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

Oh and to everyone who says trucks do not speed and its unrealistic well you are wrong :lol::mellow:

Hide contents

So.. next update: Russian Highways for trolls.. right? Come on.. if you don't like to play at 90km/h, you can't be part of this game. <_<

21 minutes ago, [ICG] [23]ThunderSky said:

So.. next update: Russian Highways for trolls.. right? Come on.. if you don't like to play at 90km/h, you can't be part of this game. <_<

And who are you to tell us that we can not be the part of this game? Sir if you don't like to play at above 90km/h you can't be part of this game either. Game is designed to fit both sides.

And just to remind you, there is a server with 90km/h limit (hint EU1) so leave the EU2 as it was and stop demanding 90km/h across all servers.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

There is an option for both sides, now, EU#1 is still limited to 90kph and the rest of the servers to 150kph. Why? Because that reduces the chance of accidents, which then improves gameplay by not having to record, report and fix your truck all the time. I feel 0 need to drive faster than 150kph, and many people will agree with that statement. If you are looking for speed and accidents there are many non-simulator games out there which will fit your need, like GTA V, Watch Dogs 2 and a few more racing games. The clue is in the name of the game, Euro Truck Simulator 2, and American Truck Simulator. You're playing a simulator, so you're reconstructing a job that many truckers in real life do, spent their days out on the roads and you've decided to also do that in this game/simulator. However I have never seen a truck drive any faster than 150kph, or even faster than 120kph. The cars get unstable at a certain speed, so limiting really is not the problem. You'll do your jobs faster than average, but who likes rushing jobs and do as many as you can while you can enjoy your drive and cruise around? This game is not meant for speed, it is meant to deliver loads and enjoy the landscapes while you're driving around a world with many other players or AI. It was never made to drive 150kph+, keep that in mind when writing further messages. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 6

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

@konfig0 Option for those who like 90km/h existed before this limitation but they do not visiting that server, but they rather come to EU2 and as you said record/report and abuse reporting system. I'm not speed junky, I'm simply delivering long distance jobs and I drive perfectly safe at top speeds whenever I can. DLC Italia, no drivers on sight, good and straight roads, you can drive trough whole Italy at max speed and save your real life time, Viva la France DLC is same story, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech republic, Poland and north of the London is empty space without accidents. I can drive 3000 km and deliver cargo and it will take me less time than going C-D zone which is only zone where majority of the accidents happens and that is partially due to high speed, other reasons involved in this area are laggers, newcomers, people with weak computers, people with bad connection, human behaviour etc etc.

And game is made to allow you to drive 170+ km/h if you want, it's the way how it is designed.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

Such a shame.. you drive 170km/h and miss all the detail this game has to offer to you. What if the people who drive 90km/h want to play on a more crowded server, with a bit of a higher speed, without getting destroyed all the time by reckless drivers who think they can easily drive 200km/h with the scout car and reck somebody up completely? You're not the only one playing this multiplayer game, there are many other people and the 150km/h is a fair solution. As I said, you can drive faster than average, but not too fast to cause an accident because you weren't paying attention (something many people do).

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

@konfig0 I'm not against this idea. When you say for the trucks, you're right, I didn't hurt anyone while driving with 250 kmh. this is just a sample from me. but it is normal for cars to go fast. Apart from these, if you want to let players accept this, prepare a diagram. show the before accident rates and the accident rates after this limit to the players. it is much 150 kmh for this purpose. I know you can not do under than 150 kmh for this purpose.

6 minutes ago, konfig0 said:

Such a shame.. you drive 170km/h and miss all the detail this game has to offer to you. What if the people who drive 90km/h want to play on a more crowded server, with a bit of a higher speed, without getting destroyed all the time by reckless drivers who think they can easily drive 200km/h with the scout car and reck somebody up completely? You're not the only one playing this multiplayer game, there are many other people and the 150km/h is a fair solution. As I said, you can drive faster than average, but not too fast to cause an accident because you weren't paying attention (something many people do).

Sir,

I'm not missing any detail from this game, I have all DLCs available, my map is 100,00% explored that should tell you something, I have achieved every achievement required by the game which requires you to visit unusual areas. I'm driving custom routes that are 6000+ km long. I'm combining highways, local roads cities ad so on, I'm driving on the area that are not used that much so I'm seeing much more of the scenery than people driving 90km/h on the routes proposed by the game.

I was really looking forward to next DLC and to drive some long deliveries from Sicily to Finland.

• Like 1