Global speed limiter

Scar

1 minute ago, MrG721 said:

Sir,

I'm not missing any detail from this game, I have all DLCs available, my map is 100,00% explored that should tell you something, I have achieved every achievement required by the game which requires you to visit unusual areas. I'm driving custom routes that are 6000+ km long. I'm combining highways, local roads cities ad so on, I'm driving on the area that are not used that much so I'm seeing much more of the scenery than people driving 90km/h on the routes proposed by the game.

I was really looking forward to next DLC and to drive some long deliveries from Sicily to Finland.

Hang on... youre confusing quantity with quality..... 

if you drive everywhere at 182kph, of course your cover the full map quicker. But have you picked out the details that SCS put into the game. The way AI life goes on around you as you drive around, the little details that the SIMULATION game so great. at 182kph you'll be more concerned with just getting around the next corner.

But unfortunately I don't think youre ever going to see anyone elses opinion as possibily a fair one.

• Confused 1
  • True Story 5

Of course I did, the strange dude that overlooks the road, the bicycle riders, the animals next to the road, the workers and so on. And I can assure you that I have saw more strange looking monuments that you can imagine in the middle of the nowhere.

Gotta go to work, see you after 21:00h (+1 time)

@konfig0  i start thinking that this is all about TMP administration that they can save more time for them self by decreasing all the reports they receive ( which is fine ) and have to deal with, ok i feel the hard work and sometimes mistakes  ( i got 3x banned by mistake )  its a lot going on there but let's talk about speed-limit @konfig0 '' The cars get unstable at a certain speed, so limiting really is not the problem.'' Hey one thing we can agree with  limiting is not the problem like you said and when it comes to a Truck psychics in this game its pretty good TMP absolutly did a great job on that i can drive a truck at top speed and control it easily, brake in time and overtake when i clear my gps so i think the real PROBLEM are the players which i mean most of the times kids dont know what they are doing but playing a game and having fun by intentional ramming blocking people and overtaking while incoming traffic why don't you just punish them harder as they can learn in the future from what they have done in the past by ruining other players gameplay there is 3700 slots in 1 server what this is all about i know you're not paying for your IGA but its not hard to clean you're servers from those people who doesn't follow the rules and im guessing only 10% of 3700 we can blame this every day again why do you punish 90% who can handle them self and control the speed they want to drive ( EU2 no Speed-limit ) Get rid of the 10% instead lowering your 90% decent players

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Everyone just stop and think for a second, look at it from TMPs perspective, They are not doing this for no reason as konfic0 stated and remember the Admins/Game Moderators see alot more then you or I as they deal with reports on a daily basis.

Speeding does not mean you speed around the map at full speed at all times, on mountain and country roads and on busy roads like C-D you would not be speeding all the time, you got to slow down for corners and other traffic etc (if you are speeding safely that is) 150km/h is still a pretty fast speed so is it really that hard to just live with it? (it is a fair speed as konfic0 stated)

I do like to speed and often would go 100mph in trucks and a little faster in cars on the big empty motorways/highways and I'm a bit sad that I no longer can however its something I and others who speed safely at those speeds have had sacrifice in order to make things better for everyone. 

Anyway 150km/h is only about 10 to 15 slower then the trucks top speed and its what the newer Volvo used to be limited to until a few updates ago so its not too big of a deal and ya its alot slower for the cars but very few people could control the cars at 200+ km/h  and cars at those speeds are a trolls dream so this limit will prevent alot of those accidents and trolling.

There will still be plenty of accidents and trolls of course as they never go away and C-D will still have plenty of accidents as its C-D :P but this should help improve things for us all by reducing accidents and stopping the crazy 200+ km/h cars causing chaos and wrecking everyone.

You can not agree with it and not really like it (I don't) but sometimes you just goto accept something you don't like or want in order to improve things for everyone - thats just a part of life - you can never have everything your own way

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

2 hours ago, konfig0 said:

The clue is in the name of the game, Euro Truck Simulator 2, and American Truck Simulator. You're playing a simulator.

Yeah this is simulator. Because of this reason you must remove fix command and Scout cars. Just speed limiter is not enough. All or nothing.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

System.out.println("Hello World!");

Hello everyone, Well this topic has already gone way off topic some arguing about speed and some talking about bans. Firstly its a Simulation game not Euro truck racing simulator 2.  TMP team simply don't add new rules, they think about future and takes opinion of team members . Well if they have reduced speed means its basic thing to understand most of the recent bans from in-game and web reports are for Reckless driving or due o high speed. Reducing speed gives better stability to truck and trailer. Also arguing here doesn't solve your issue as already stated in main post that rules are not going to be changed. 

Spoiler

We appreciate the feedback from our players. However, this time we decided not to ask for the feedback and opinions of our players as we sometimes have to decide our own path and future. We want to push simulation to TruckersMP and this decision has been made to be in line with our objective.

I just want to say move on. We all are driving together because of this mod. TMP can do whatever they want with the rules. They can also choose to listen to you or don't. either way, it's developed by them and i don't see why there is a need for even critics since none of us were the ones who were responsible to create the code. Also remember this is free mod and you are not paying single penny to use this mod.:)
Some people pay money to use multiplayer mod or cheats but there forums are more clean and they respect everyone. But our forums are just a mess and for every single decision made by tmp we kill each other , the only reason i found is free mod . I am waiting for the day where we pay money to use this mod. We don't want quantity we need quality.:)

• Thanks 2

UxiKSFa.png

56 minutes ago, Syntackz said:

Hello everyone, Well this topic has already gone way off topic some arguing about speed and some talking about bans. Firstly its a Simulation game not Euro truck racing simulator 2.  TMP team simply don't add new rules, they think about future and takes opinion of team members . Well if they have reduced speed means its basic thing to understand most of the recent bans from in-game and web reports are for Reckless driving or due o high speed. Reducing speed gives better stability to truck and trailer. Also arguing here doesn't solve your issue as already stated in main post that rules are not going to be changed. 

Reveal hidden contents

We appreciate the feedback from our players. However, this time we decided not to ask for the feedback and opinions of our players as we sometimes have to decide our own path and future. We want to push simulation to TruckersMP and this decision has been made to be in line with our objective.

I just want to say move on. We all are driving together because of this mod. TMP can do whatever they want with the rules. They can also choose to listen to you or don't. either way, it's developed by them and i don't see why there is a need for even critics since none of us were the ones who were responsible to create the code. Also remember this is free mod and you are not paying single penny to use this mod.:)
Some people pay money to use multiplayer mod or cheats but there forums are more clean and they respect everyone. But our forums are just a mess and for every single decision made by tmp we kill each other , the only reason i found is free mod . I am waiting for the day where we pay money to use this mod. We don't want quantity we need quality.:)

More stability at 150km? 150km and 170km the truck does not lose any stability, the limiter has been added on account of the cars, so if it is the cars that pass the 175km you have to limit them to 150KM, look for information before coming to talk crap. While others are talking about enjoying scenery? to appreciate the landscape at 150km? decreased only 20km, spare me. And also, it wants scenery go to to the US # 1, and now I can not reach any truck on the highways, they are all practically 150km away, the game's grace is reduced, only adding limiter to the car will be much better, just get the car mod and change his final speed to 150km which the trucksmp does with closed eyes. I hope you have a player downfall to see that it affected many players

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F.T.T. BR TheKING said:

More stability at 150km? 150km and 170km the truck does not lose any stability, the limiter has been added on account of the cars, so if it is the cars that pass the 175km you have to limit them to 150KM, look for information before coming to talk crap.

There is no talk about that cars are the reason of the reduction of the speed limit.
So in case you do not have insider knowledge, I suggest you stop the speculations and stick to the given facts as stated in the original post:

On 2.4.2018 at 8:43 PM, scarface0359 said:

We noticed that many accidents and instances of reckless driving were caused by driving at high speeds, so this is an attempt to reduce that and to improve the in-game experience of all our players. While we know some of our players are true professionals, we feel this decision was necessary.

Thank you.

• True Story 1

do not you think? Add limit only to the car, to the truck is also unnecessary I know it is hard, however, so the server will not have players drop, in addition, today I came to notice that the server lost a lot of player, the servers were more empty what other days and, many complain and many approve because of the car, so why not? add speed limit only for cars and trucks can drive without limits, in addition, truck reaches speed 170km hardly and even at this speed, it is possible to maintain stability, and also has automatic save in case something goes wrong but if they do this will greatly reduce accidents and will please everyone and SCS will not lose advantage in its new DLC.

• Like 1

image.png.917100f7f17308199128df778210ea30.png

Pointless debating this any further like. 

Everyone's entitled to their opinion on the matter yet fact is, the admins have final say. 

What is done is done and has a valid reason for it, either accept that or I say you could find somewhere else to go or play because constant crying or arguing over it isn't going to sway things your way. Best anyone can do is to back the admins, because this thing has gone on long enough and frankly is getting out of hand. 

Another option: 

Make EU#1 3700 slots and EU#2 2500.

Or, lower the speed limit on EU#2 at 110km/h ^_^

Let's see what racers say ;)

Edited by [ICG] [23]ThunderSky

7 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Check this. More than 1 million Km on jobs, more than 1000 Km average distance per job and with a 90 Km/h speed limit. Enough for your challenge?

@maurizio.pollini Please, check your facts and your times. You say that "there were already a bunch of servers" and later you say that "They decided to make 2 servers". Then you complain about EU#2 server had almost no admins. This was because Eu#2 server, when it was opened, was NCZ everywhere, same as EU#4 currently. Keep reading, my answer to dacia1310 explains what I remember from those days. And no, I'm not suffering from Alzheimer. :lol:

@dacia1310 Back in the day, there was only EU#1 server. It was speed limited. And the ETS2MP team (TruckersMP came later) decided to open a new server without the speed limit. Because there were so many people whining and crying about being limited.  The new server was set to be NCZ everywhere. They changed it later, because the speed-fans couldn't stop whining and crying about "non-collision" is boring. And even later, the speed-fans kept whining and crying because EU#1 was still more crowded than EU#2, they were demanding to change numbers so the non-speed-limit server would be #1 and the limited would be #2 (to attract more people, they said). What I see here is that speeders have been whining and crying since day zero. Now they keep doing it because they can't go faster than 150 Km/h. And for the record, we can't "let you be on your No Speed Limiter server", because right now, there's no such server (though I believe that they could make EU#4 the no-speed-limits server, as rules are different there and there's no chance to collide with other players). Will you use EU#4 if they set it as "No speed limits"? Stop asking others to go to the EU#1 server. What if I want to drive with cars around? Or with many players instead of mostly empty roads? And if I go into EU#2, I'll keep doing the speed limits (not 150 Km/h, but the trucks speed limits on every roads). If someone is doing 70 Km/h on a 70 limited road and someone else comes doing 150 Km/h and causes an accident, it will be always the fast driver's fault, period. And of course, if that fast driver hits my truck, I'll report him/her for reckless driving and ramming. You don't like that, go into EU#4, where you can't ram anyone else. See how easy is to turn things around when it comes to "Go to this server"?

@Road-King Respect? If that were common in EU#2, there would be no need for rules. Sadly, it's the other way around, most players show no respect to others, they only care about their fun. Increasing ban times would work but only to a point, because lots of people just get new accounts and evade their bans. If it were so easy to detect and eliminate this behaviour, the developers would have done it long ago. No one is blaming everything on the speed, but speed is the most common cause of road accidents. Limiting access to the servers based on ping times higher than... What, 150 ms? would be totally unfair for all South American or Asian/Australian players, they'd have no chance of playing TMP. And that would really lower the playerbase big time. Limiting access to players with weak machines who play with low FPS count... How would you do that? It's impossible to know who has a potato PC or who has a NASA computer for playing. Finally, the car was meant to be used only by admins, then a "civilian" version was released so players could use it as "Pilot" for convoys, it was never meant to give players a surface-to-surface missile so they could go 250 Km/h wherever they want. Sadly, this is the way most car drivers in the game were using it.

@Carrera18 Those ideas could be more or less fine, but I don't see how they could be implemented into the mod. And I doubt that the developers would waste a lot of time "tuning" the speed limits for cars, when the game, let's not forget this, is about trucks. I know that there are many players who use cars a lot more than trucks (some even stated that they don't drive trucks at all). But in the end, it's a truck driving game, the cars were just a "gift" from the developers. You should be thankful for having the option to drive one. Don't forget that the same as they put a car in the mod, they can remove it whenever they want.

Just my 2 (or 200) cents. And seeing that this "debate" about the speed limits will never end, because there's no way to make everyone happy, my last contribution in this topic

my friend regarding my response i was here when u were here don't trry to explain to me the way it was before because u have your account from november and me from december 1 month appart us .. together u are one of the ones who wanted 90 km/h why are u playin on europe 2 server? don't u want simulation ? go on europe 1 u say were whinning u are whinning too because u didn't want the servers to be limited so u cry too don't ask me not to say anything because its democracy not communism if u want communism go to North Korea thanks...

@dacia1310 Being such a veteran, you should remember how things developed, can you tell me what of all I wrote about it is wrong? There was the EU#1 server with speed limits. Later, EU#1 server with speed limits and EU#2 server without limits (because of lots of people "asking" for it) and NCZ, later NCZ was removed from EU#2 (because of the same lots of people "asking" for it). And still, after speeders got what they wanted, they kept whining for weeks because "their" server was #2 instead of #1 and had less people using it. It only stopped when EU#2 became more popular and started getting more players than EU#1. It's a different thing if you don't want to acknowledge them.

You had no way to know, but I went on EU#1 server months ago, because I was sick of being rammed constantly by idiots going full speed in other servers. EU#1 server's limit is 110 Km/h, not 90 Km/h, and I've never asked for that limit to be changed to 90 Km/h or to 150 Km/h, show me a post of mine where I'm asking for such a thing. But I could go back to EU#2 whenever I want and keep driving however I like, as long as I don't break any rules. You were complaining about "simulation players" who drive in EU#2 by the speed limits and report others who drive recklessly, asking those players to go to EU#1, so I asked you to go to EU#4, no ramming there, no reckless driving there, no risk of being reported, only as an example of how easy it is to ask others and get nothing. Or did you change from EU#2 to EU#4? Don't treat others the way you don't want to be treated.

Last but not least, you can talk whatever you want, but you're not just talking, you are asking others to do as you want. Democracy is one thing, dictatorship is a completely different thing. If you want dictatorship, go to North Korea, thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 3

15 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@dacia1310 Being such a veteran, you should remember how things developed, can you tell me what of all I wrote about it is wrong? There was the EU#1 server with speed limits. Later, EU#1 server with speed limits and EU#2 server without limits (because of lots of people "asking" for it) and NCZ, later NCZ was removed from EU#2 (because of the same lots of people "asking" for it). And still, after speeders got what they wanted, they kept whining for weeks because "their" server was #2 instead of #1 and had less people using it. It only stopped when EU#2 became more popular and started getting more players than EU#1. It's a different thing if you don't want to acknowledge them.

You had no way to know, but I went on EU#1 server months ago, because I was sick of being rammed constantly by idiots going full speed in other servers. EU#1 server's limit is 110 Km/h, not 90 Km/h, and I've never asked for that limit to be changed to 90 Km/h or to 150 Km/h, show me a post of mine where I'm asking for such a thing. But I could go back to EU#2 whenever I want and keep driving however I like, as long as I don't break any rules. You were complaining about "simulation players" who drive in EU#2 by the speed limits and report others who drive recklessly, asking those players to go to EU#1, so I asked you to go to EU#4, no ramming there, no reckless driving there, no risk of being reported, only as an example of how easy it is to ask others and get nothing. Or did you change from EU#2 to EU#4? Don't treat others the way you don't want to be treated.

Last but not least, you can talk whatever you want, but you're not just talking, you are asking others to do as you want. Democracy is one thing, dictatorship is a completely different thing. If you want dictatorship, go to North Korea, thanks.

I know very well how it happend it had been a poll because many of us complained about the speed limiter you all said that all of you wants to play simulation and after that poll she speed limiter disapeared and as u said europe 1 was almost full but in time 2, 3 months after speed limiter disabled europe 2 became the full server and europe 1 10-30 % full .. so tell me this why now ?????.... u can say anything but this not ... accidents happen here, accidents happen in real life ...

when i get rammed i say ok .. this happens but not a lot like u said ... up and if u are proffesional driver u can drive good at high speeds.

you guys change these rules  just to make discussions .. why almost 3 years noone said nothing about the speed limiter? .. now all of the sudden u go back in time and say lets try again to make them obey the speed limiter ... the admins should put at the status of the servers .. .SPeed limiter Enabled not disabled because its a lie  and with this i end this discussion with u ... how old are u anyway 18 ?...  

@dacia1310 I'm not professional driver, I can drive quite fast in the game and cause no problems, it's simply that I don't like it. To me, the game is about simulation, and driving loaded trucks doing 170 Km/h has nothing to do with simulation, if I want to drive fast, I've got several other games that allow me to do that (Asseto Corsa, for instance). I see lots of trucks on the roads, on highways, and they don't go faster than 90 Km/h. And those are REAL professional drivers. Maybe it's different in your country and that's why you think that players driving at high speeds are professional. Well, they aren't. In real life's Europe, most of the "professional" drivers in the game would lose their license in a short time.

The rules can only be changed by the TruckersMP team and they have explained why they did it, nothing to do with making discussions. If people accepted the rules and the changes (some people seem to forget that they are using the mod and the servers for free), there would be no discussions at all.

Finally, I don't see how my age is relevant to the matter, but since you asked, I was probably 18 before you were born. Another example of how easy it is to fail by assuming things.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

The topic is quite extensive in order to get acquainted with all the opinions. But I will be happy to voice my admiration on this issue. This is a great solution. And I do not see any disadvantages in this decision, only pros. Many of you may have forgotten that the game in its title carries the important word “Simulator” rather than ”Formula 1”. I urge you to return to your roots. It's a simulator, not a race. The task of the players in this game, according to the gameplay, delivery of cargos, not racing on trucks with a trailer.

• Upvote 3

10.jpg?_1693113983