Global speed limiter

Scar

1 hour ago, MrG721 said:

What are you talking about?

The only simulation server is the EU1 and it is clearly stated [SIMULATION]

In the real world trucks are limited to 90km/h, the EU1 is limited to 90km/h thus equals SIMULATION, there you can feel like true professional.

You can go over 90km/h in the real life but then yo have to hack and bypass speed limiter meaning you are entering in NON SIMULATION zone.

What you wannabe simulation drivers want is custom simulation, meaning driving faster (110/120/130 km/h) than in the real world but obeying red lights etc etc..

But no wannabe sim drivers come to non sim server and cry about high speed, chocking the roads, driving 90km/h on the fast lane, abusing reporting system.

There are reasons why wannabe sim drivers are not going to EU1, for some of them 90km/h is too slow the other reason is in human nature, we humans like to stay in groups and to drive alone on an empty server is boring as hell and the last reason is there is not that many sim drivers in the community as you want to present and that's a fact, that's the reason why EU1 is empty most of the time.

Configure the servers like this

EU1 - 90km/h limit, for the true professionals and real sim lovers.

EU2 - no speed limit, free for all, no pain/no gain/no complain, respect and be respeted

EU3 - 120km/h limit, for wannabe sim drivers who find 90km/h too slow

EU4 - 120km/h limit, no coalition zone, make it double safe for wannabe sim drivers

I don't care about 3 servers from this list, you shouldn't care about just 1 server.

The EU2 will remain the most populated server because of the reasons I have stated above, mark my words.

You have 3 options so don't come on EU2 and act like real cry baby.

Lets not forget why this whole drama started. It wasnt the sim drivers complaining.... it was the GTA drivers who now are restricted to 150kph.....

but lets take your logic forward for a second... before the restriction, why don't the speeders want to play on Eu4 where they cant hurt anyone?   Is it because no-one goes there? Its the same reason people don't play on Eu1, population. If the devs introduce Eu4 with no speed restriction will you go play there instead?

As for cry baby.... the only people I see whinging are the ones who want to drive a truck at 182kph and now cant..... Strangely, as one of the game mods said these are also the people with the most ban records.....strange that.

But above all, if someone gives you something for free, are you entitled to whinge on and on about it?

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 2

I would like to point your attention to the European Commissions Speed and accident risk, which basically states that "a higher speed increases the likelihood of an accident". It claims that an 1 km/h increase in speed leads to an 3% increase in accidents.

I think, this gives a very good idea of the TruckersMP team objective.

Now one might want to argue that real life traffic is completely different from a simulator.
But you have to remember that the connection between both is the weak link in the chain: the human being.

Do you not agree that it is worth trying to find out for the sake of a better game experience for all of us, if eventually the number of accidents will drop?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

I read the comments. Everybody wrote different things. Do you remember? , a vote was made for the fix command. That's why I voted for him. But guess what? The number of voters is not enough; contrary to the winning options, (TMP Management's wishes) were resumed. we complained at the time but you have not taken into consideration the players as you are now! Yes it is a free mode but we brought this mod to this level to the community. You think that you think that you are thinking right. But we; we are not right, not only our ideas have no value. You do not respect it. If you have so much curiosity about simulation, Eu 1 90km / h limit -Eu 2 Free + Skoda - Eu3 150km / h limit Skoda does not exist. - Remove Eu4.

Many of us are upset with the decision, on the part of the TruckersMP administration regarding the speed limit currently established.

During my stay in the multiplayer I can clearly say that the speed is the cause of accidents by 10%. Among my reports are mostly:

1. Players blocking the pass.

2. Players with cars / trucks without towing.

3. New players who only want to enter populated areas to bother.

4. Players who filter inside the events of internal companies to crash and damage the gaming experience.

5. Players who, even if they are driving in a range of 80-130 do not know how to control a truck and they collide.

6. Players who occupy a distance by lag or a prudent space to pass.

Most players do not want administrators to pass it only in "C / D" to show that they are administrators and that everyone sees them. (They are not all).

They could assign administrators who oversee monitoring the DLC maps (France, Scandinavia, East, Italy). Many players make reports and are not seen.

I am a player who makes end-to-end trips up to twice when I go out on work nights almost 8500 kilometers. And I would like to challenge you to do these laps at 150km (not bad, for short trips or if you go with 5 friends), but when you go alone, the only thing you visualize is pavement and no player.

In these motorway zones one speeds up and rises to 165/170 and we do not notice the speed. One can drive in a responsible manner and it is boring when you have some steering wheel or steering wheel, you have to place the cruise to 150 and you will step on the pedal in vain and maybe sleep.

Finally, I know that you will not take any suggestion with the issue of limitation, but I think that you would have to carry out some tests for the future.

1. Increase the speed limit for vehicles with charge: No more than 175 and it can be on the freeways. In addition, players with speed hacks would be controlled and detected more easily. (There is a simulation server at 90) The one that you like to enter that server) There are players who, although they mention that a maximum is 90 is the correct thing, I do not explain what they do in the EU2. At a higher speed.

2. Cars and trucks without a trailer limit them to 140: These are used mostly to be crashing, taking advantage of their weight advantage. And the cars are very unstable and lose control quickly.

3. In the cities put the speed limit to 60: This seemed excellent and once I was in the EU2.

4. Analyze the areas of greatest congestion and place a speed limit of 150 or 130 in which it is easier to stop or avoid collision with another player.

Sorry for extending me, but with a dialogue and analysis of the problem together we can reach a solution.

This text was translated by Google Translator

• Upvote 3

The end of the day whether the community vote or voice their opinions or not, the admins do have the right to make changes without consulting people first. 

And all the admins are doing is coming up with ways of making things better within the community, they are trying to make the gameplay better however it seems that this isn't what some people want as they don't like these "for the better" changes. 

When people say that our ideas or opinions hold no value? Guaranteed they do, because the admins are listening and they do take your opinions etc into account. 

Yet they still reserve the right to do as they see fit.

I will say this. 

The game was being ruined continuously by reckless plonkers who instead of getting on with what the game is all about, decided to make things hell for everyone else and this also resulted in the administration of the servers a lot harder and no doubt stressful on the admins. We all know they can't be everywhere at once, we all know they can't be there 24/7 to see to every gobshite that causes grief and yet the reports have been in no doubt continuously mounting more and more day by day so what are they doing here, why have they done it? The game needs a better future than trolls driving recklessly and though this speed limiter wouldn't make much of a difference it is a step in the right direction to handling the situation, they are cracking down on the "plague" that swarms the servers. Especially EU2...

And the majority of those complaining about it, or have been? Are the one's being banned or have been banned for their reckless / careless attitude. 

They seem to think it is fun making things a misery on everyone else who just want to play the game, no matter which server they go on. And I wouldn't bet that some of those that play this game are truckers in real life, and this is probably something that they see on a day to day basis so do you think they want to be seeing this kind of thing in the game to? When many play the game to relax, have fun, meet new people, I will tell you that there is no fun in what these speed freaks are or have been doing. 
You all can rant and rave with the "Then go to the EU 1 or EU 3 then" all you like, that card has been played far too many times and has gotten old now so that excuse or attempt in justification has no effect on your stance. 

With regard to the community though it isn't what it is just because of the community members but moreso because of the admins for their hard work, and now they're getting tougher by putting their foot down why? Do you babies, crying over this limit not think these admins are fed up with your antics? Might be something worth thinking on. 
Either way you've only brought that on yourselves. 

It's not a big tragedy for me that there is a 150km/h limiter, but I am not a fan of it, i remember those days when RootKiller was setting 90km/h limiter, cause he felt this is right, but many players was not happy about it, it's very bad when players don't have a choice, the same story happened again.
I usually go for a drive with few IRL friends, we always go for long range deliveries like Bergen-Palermo ~4000km and when it is speed limited it kinda feels bad, we are not hardcore simulation guys, we just love to drive together and when something is limiting us it kinda feels wrong.
But at the same time I totally agree that 150km/h is enough for high populated places like C-D road and there is no need to go faster.
In my opinion there should be servers without a limiter, for example EU3 and EU4, so players would have a choice.
EU1 - hardcore simulation (90-110 max)
EU2 - semi simulation (150 max)
EU3 - arcade (no limiter)
EU4 - freeroam (no limiter)
For long range deliveries with friends i would personally choose EU3 without a limiter, but for C-D i would go for EU2 with limiter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by novice
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sucks... Speed limit for WoTr in ATS is 55mph... Realy sucks :/

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

@Aves I think it's okay, that they have chosen it, because there are some who run recklessly. :) 

ZefojGaming

TruckersMP  |  Master Trucker

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Regler | Rekruttering | Support | Feedback | Mød Teamet | Guider | Forslag

Just leave Eu4 without speed limit. Do you think that if you set the limit to 150 there will be no accidents? Accidents also occur with 90 kmh because they engage intentionally and inadvertently or uncontrollably, so remove that speed limit as it's pointless. It is very strange to know that you want to accelerate and the car does not answer, who wants to simulate can set cruise control at whatever speed he wants, those who break the rules and do accidents will be punished at the same time. It is very disturbing that you because in Skoda you can not overcome a truck because it also runs at the speed you have, if you know how to drive and you have little experience there can be no accident.
At the same time, it would be okay for a 100km / h truck to be, and for Skoda to stay at 150km / h, in reality, I do not think a truck is running upper 90km / h, so do not simulate the trailer 150 km / h.

@ZefojGaming As long i play in ATS, drive most WoTr wihh 65mph was smooth running and never see recklessly.. Because server has only ~200 players.. Too bit small.

But 93mph accept, but WoTr for ATS never no!

Edited by Aves
  • Upvote 1

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

7 hours ago, andy Suter said:

Lets not forget why this whole drama started. It wasnt the sim drivers complaining.... it was the GTA drivers who now are restricted to 150kph.....

but lets take your logic forward for a second... before the restriction, why don't the speeders want to play on Eu4 where they cant hurt anyone?   Is it because no-one goes there? Its the same reason people don't play on Eu1, population. If the devs introduce Eu4 with no speed restriction will you go play there instead?

As for cry baby.... the only people I see whinging are the ones who want to drive a truck at 182kph and now cant..... Strangely, as one of the game mods said these are also the people with the most ban records.....strange that.

But above all, if someone gives you something for free, are you entitled to whinge on and on about it?

WOW let's take your logic, because your logic is broken.

You are afraid of being hit by someone, why you don't play on EU4? Nobody can hit you there. Is it because no-one goes there?

You want simulation, you have server specifically created for that matter, the EU1. Why you don't go there? Is it because no-one goes there?

Devs already introduced EU1 specifically for you but you are not using it. Now you are ruining experience and fun for the players that have different play style.

The only whiners and cry babies are those who want to drive 90-120km/h on EU2 and abuse reporting system, the aftermath is initialization of this what you call "drama"

As for the GTA reference, ETS2 is designed and created the way that allows players to play and drive at higher speed, go to SCS forums and write letter to SCS devs and tell them that they have created game that is similar to GTA.

If it's similar to GTA then we have ended how much of the "simulation" is this game discussion.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

HISTORY LESSON. PLEASE READ IT

Again the same infinite loop. Guys, we've already passed that period and now again. Why are u so dumb to undestand that your problem are people who are playing not the speed they are going? Their motivation and responsibility.

Some history. From the start there was server without any speedlimit (now it is known as EU1). Then rootkiller decided to add speedlimiter (first it was 90km\h, then 120km\h on highways) on all existing servers (at that moment there was already a bunch of servers where people were playing). Please take in mind that EU1 was the main server of the mod and it was full almost all the time (while other server were only at 10% of their full capacity). Then people started to create polls to remove the speedlimiter completely. RootKiller then created a final official poll to decide remove it or not. People decided to remove it completely, but rootkiller was so dumb and he did not change in mind even after an official poll which he created by his own. And speedlimiter also was not removed. Then after hard pressure (near the same time rootkiller also left this project) from the community they decided to make two servers: EU1 with speedlimiter and EU2 without speedlimiter. At the beginning EU1 of course was full as always (cause it was server people used to play) and EU2 was full at 10-20% of it's size. They thought that most part of the community want to play hard simulation mode with near real life rule. So they thought that on EU2 will play only badass rule violaters, trolls and other garbage (as they thought) who will play for fun and do all they wanted while normal people will play on the main EU2. FIY to clarify their attitude to that server i want to let you know that there were almost no admins at the beginning there at all. For almost a years no admins at all.  Nobody punish you for ramming etc. So it was a complete chaos. And even with such attitude to that server and even despite the fact that it was almost unreal to play normal there people started to move there. And after almost a year or more EU2 became the main server of the project with the largest online. And ofc after they saw what happened they started to control it again, added admins and EU2 have turned into what you have got used to see nowodays.

And now again the same situation from the beginning. Why u did not learn from you own history? Whats wrong with you? Why are u so dumb and cant understand that people do not like restrictions. At all. Do you know why? Do you know what is the most real simulation of the real world? No restrictions. At all. Cause in real life technically you have no restrictions at all. You have consequences of your actions and the main restrictor for you is your mind only. You know that you after your actions you will have good or bad consequences and you weight your decisions before doing smth. And thats all. Even integrated truck limiters in the real life. You can remove it and go faster than 90km\h but you know that for doing so you will get punished hard by removing your licencse or paying a huge fee. So you do not do it. And to be honest in a lot of countries people remove them from the truck and drive happy on high speeds. 

You again turned into the wrong direction. The main problem of your accidents are people and their motivation and responisbility. No matter what is their speed now. They know that for ramming or smth like that they will go to the repair station (or now just use /fix) and all be ok. Maximum they will get a kick or in a rare case ban for 1-2 days. They continue to drive as always without thinking about their actions and their consequences. Increase the cost of accidents and crashes for you players. Increase the cost of rule violation. So your players will drive more carefully and think about what they are doing. Do not restrict them instead. You are missing the main point by doing so. People like freedom and in the real world they have it. They are not restricted by virtual limits. They are resticted by consequences of their actions. You will think ok, nice theory and explanation but this all is abstract. What can we do in real life to make it wokr? The most right solution from my point of view is to remove offline saves and to remove ability to load them. Store them on your servers and allow players to earn money and make career only online. If you cant increase the cost then leave it as it was. Dont make it worse. Make so that your player will have to earn money to buy or upgrade their truck. Make in-game money valuable. So a player will know that if he will crash or get some damage he will have to pay a high cost for that. So he will be the most accurate player in the world. He wont speed up on the corners, he want cust smb or ram, he will try to avoid the crash in any way. Not as now when people move to the division line on purpose when see an overtaking truck on their lane to get him crash and then report or when crash you on purpose to block or stop something wrong from their point of view even by the cost of their truck damage.

And now about speed limiter's purpose in the real life. We've discussed alreary that sl in the real life can be removed and actually you do not have such restriction in the real life. Tehcnically you can remove it. But now why it iwas introduced? It was done cause in the real life there a people and heavy traffic. So it was made to save lifes and to prevent hard accidents. In ETS when we have almost empty roads (except some special areas) all the time and there are no pedestrians and a lot of cars there is almost no need in speed limiter. It is another environment and it will always be so. You cant change it no matter how hard you try. Please understand it.

Please study on your history and stop making the same mistakes again and again. I do not know who decided to introduce a decision with speedlimiter again but it was absolutely wrong. And by adding another server without the speedlimiter after 2-3 years when all the staff will change again you will have to add another one cause smb will decide to add speedlimiter on that one. Deadlock again)

And please ALWAYS remember that the only reason why you are still alive is your players. All you are doing is for them. You have your own path and furure? Ok. You can show people the idea, give them a try of it and only after their feedback you can decide was it right or it should be corrected or removed completely. You are completely dependent of your players so do not ignore them. We've alreade passed that stage and i dont understand why this happened again.

Edited by maurizio.pollini
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 2

47 minutes ago, MrG721 said:

WOW let's take your logic, because your logic is broken.

You are afraid of being hit by someone, why you don't play on EU4? Nobody can hit you there. Is it because no-one goes there?

You want simulation, you have server specifically created for that matter, the EU1. Why you don't go there? Is it because no-one goes there?

Devs already introduced EU1 specifically for you but you are not using it. Now you are ruining experience and fun for the players that have different play style.

The only whiners and cry babies are those who want to drive 90-120km/h on EU2 and abuse reporting system, the aftermath is initialization of this what you call "drama"

As for the GTA reference, ETS2 is designed and created the way that allows players to play and drive at higher speed, go to SCS forums and write letter to SCS devs and tell them that they have created game that is similar to GTA.

If it's similar to GTA then we have ended how much of the "simulation" is this game discussion.

How is that broken logic? Its exactly the same logic as youre applying. Both sims and GTA racers have other options but they both choose to play on the same server, which is where the problem is. The only people crying are the ones who don't want the speed limit. That's a fact.  Show me a single post where the ones in favour are crying about it being introduced. 

Facts are..... admins are clearly sick of the many speed related reports and are clamping down on it. We haven't petitioned for it, they've done it themselves. Read their posts about it. They didn't feel they needed to consult the player base. What does that say to you??

PS, I didn't say the game was GTA.... I said some players drive like its GTA.... Don't twist words. 

Anyway, its talked to death now. The speed limit is here to stay so either get with the program or get off the bus. (ps can I have your stuff)

• Thanks 2

^^It is broken because you are telling me to go to EU4 because I can't crash into anyone and damage anyone's cargo, not that I'm doing that, I drive perfectly safe at higher speed and deliver undamaged cargo in custom routes that are longer than 6000 km in total. That is the way I play the game. Why are you forcing me to go to EU4? You can go to EU4 and avoid every accidents if you have problem with that.
I don't have a problem when someone hit my truck either low or high speed, so I'm perfectly fine to drive on EU2.

I do have problem driving 110 km/h max on EU1 because it is boring to me and it is not suiting my play style thus I don't play on EU1.

You do have problem with players driving above 110 km/h, why you don't go to EU1 then? There are no such players there. You should be perfectly happy there.

Facts are wannabe sim players abuse reporting system and not visiting server specifically created for them.

We are not GTA racers, we are the truckers the same way every ETS2 player is, we play the exact same game but with different play style, so stop comparing us with GTA racers, otherwise I could call you GTA BMX riders.

Edited by Smalley
Removed unnecessary quotation
  • Like 1
  • True Story 2