Global speed limiter

Scar

This brings back flashbacks, I remember, when the most of the Community complained back when they forced 90km/65mph on all of the servers, then EU2 was made for the rest. I agree with the new change all of the accidents that have occured today, when I was out on the road was people flying around on the roads and simple just can't handle it.

• HaulieCry 1

MrG721 is absolutelly right, all people who want push all other players to speed limit have server EU1, so why make angry lot of people, who want drive time to time faster but save? If problem is car (yes, I agree), so is server without car, where this problem is gone and no reason for speed limit. If we have 4 servers in ETS2, lets more difference between them and all will be happy. One server without colision, without car and speed limit (for example) is the best solution in my opinion.

A small look from my perspective - if I play in daytime on EU2 and many player is around me, of course I will not go so fast, it makes sence. Or if I overtake player who are going 90kmh, I overtake carefully and slower (I afraid of be ashamed if crash happend), again - it is matter of course. But if I play in nighttime and I am going 15-20 minut completely alone somewhere in France or Scandi, long straight highway, I wont go fast, because I do not want to fall asleep in front of the keyboard...and one thing - troll are mostly in Germany, if I am going in any other country I havent problem with this people more like 1-2x per month. So what is going on.

For someone simulation mean play strict and completely as real world, for other simulation mean play different...and we are back at different servers...

We have singleplayer of course, but sometimes is more fun play with lot of people, than alone. But it is a shame, TPM is very great game or mod of the game :-) anyway, I am disappointed, because of a few individuals (moreover they are in 90-95% around C-D road or in Germany) all polite people have worse game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

this is twice you dissapointed me TMP aswell the vote results for command /fix without limit you didnt do what we asked for and now speed-limit? are you kidding me that is why we have different servers come on this bad decision you make it will not decrease ANY accidents,reports,trolls etc. but IT WILL DECREASE YOUR PLAYERS HELLO??  rip TMP

-2 for me now,  you made a huge mistake (again)

• Like 2

Unfortunately I do not agree with the author of this news and that's why: in most cases, the cause of accidents on the routes in the ETS MP is not high speed and ungraded control as a passenger car accompanying the convoy and the composition of vehicles (tractor + trailer). What's in the game that in real life only practice allows you to more accurately pick up the speed and select the most luchshiy traektoriyu ways depending on situations. Experienced driver not for that self-will not to exceed the speed limit if not be sure she was safe. The road surface in the game ETS is ideal, with the exception of some precincts (lift on exits to the highway, pedestrian crossings in some cities) in other words the road provides safe movement with speeds and svshe 200 km/h but with observance of all rules and safety techniques. I would also like to note that it would be worthwhile to introduce this restriction does not everywhere but only in areas with large concentrations of vehicles and complete the entry restrictions on the movement of passenger vehicles up to 120 km/h and even better to 80-90 km/h in places povyshennogo accumulation of players. At the moment, the speed exceedance is a threat to the leash from the passenger vehicles as they are a source of danger in contrast to the large and slow-moving heavy trucks with trailers. I would also like to remind you that the main workload is not a feature of all routes ETS MP. Only the cities of Northern Europe such as Calais, Lille, Brusel, Duisburg, Dortmund, Dusseldorf and the road from Calais - Duisburg are the busiest and only at night (relative to the European part) while the southern part of even the main part is almost certainly deprived of players ' attention. I personally own example was convinced that most of the cards including a paid add-on for the most part completely empty therefore believe that the traffic on such roads safe even at the speed of over 160-170 km/h.

• True Story 1

We should cancel the FIX instruction (since the FIX instruction, many people can drive arbitrarily, although there is a 10-minute freeze period) and cancel the speed limit. Some people say close to reality, then the reality can not have FIX instructions. We should not limit the speed. We should cancel the car or limit it to speed. I do not understand TMP very much. Why speed limit? If speed is the cause of the accident, then why not limit it to 90? You may lose more players now, which will lose the meaning of online. I hope you can modify this command.

Lol, you're missing the point of my post. You have completely disregarded what I had said at all. Every one of those servers are simulation servers regardless of what they are called, how they are configured or who they are for. 

The whole game is a simulation game, not a racing game. 

And for those agreeing with his post are yet more pins to the trolling board whore complaining because they can't go over 150. 

Get over it guys seriously there is no use even crying over it, the admins have put their foot down and you have to accept it whether you agree or not. 

7 hours ago, MrG721 said:

If the majority of the community is all about simulation, constantly complaining about high speed, explain to me why they do not play on EU1 where speed is limited?
Do they just pretend to love simulation? To me they look more pathetic to come on non simulation server and whine about high speed and abuse reporting system.

Look at the attached snip, to me seems like majority of the community avoid simulation server. Snip taken seconds ago.

For us who enjoyed driving on EU2 with friends after day on the work, the fun is reduced.

For those obsessed with simulation go to EU1for the Christ sake, there is a plenty of the space for you and leave EU2 as it was.

servers.PNG

What's more, if you limit all servers, it will not improve the chance of accidents. Reduce the number of cars that won't drive. Which may control your own car. TMP Accidents in an accidental drive will not catch you. Why don't you go slower? Why not go to Europe1 server yourself?

• True Story 3

This is great! While we're at it, can we add rules regarding yielding and red lights? I know this may count as reckless driving but so many people are just too dumb to do so, and reckless driving sounds less important than actually driving like real life.

Besides, we could use some "tests" before users are actually allowed to drive on roads, maybe traffic rule written exams with MCs?

Edited by Mr_Fat_Lai

Like really putting a speed limiter at 150km.h (93mph) doesn't prove a point at all. It makes all of us fast driving people mad. EU1 is a "realistic driving" server thus those people that like driving the "speed limit" Can enjoy peace at that. I can easily go 160km.h in a Scania. Top speed for me downhill in that truck was like around 170 km/h. So proving a point of putting the speed limit at 150km.h makes no sense in no such way. It's not real life driving and its a game not limiting us gamers at speed limits. And btw the only reason why people play this game is to have fun with people online. Heres another example of something "useless": Like getting / tprk  Duisburg by trying to avoid a crash (Kicked For Reckless Driving). In conclusion of this "Speed Limiter" that you think is gonna improve "truckersmp" its probably in the future gonna go downhill. This is why I'm waiting for HGVMP to come out! [-_-] P.S some people don't have money to spend on a game like Forza(do not even start this). Like fixing the car is less than a Stupid limiter! :l https://imgur.com/Sq05SDB    [sadness.exe has started working][x]  Its better to not have a speed limiter on EU2 because its a bad idea coming off the bat  :l 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

Empty roads all around the map is still a problem of unrealistic simulation.  The pop cap is the issue.

I would be happy to seeing this improvement in future.

Ура!!!Наконец то это свершилось и игра менее будет походить на гонки и более на симулятор.

Фурам можно вообще ограничить до 120 км/ч.

Hurray!!!Finally it happened and the game will be less like a race and more of a simulator.
Tractors can be generally limited to 120 km/h.

i don't understand your rule u made some servers without the speed limiter .. and now  you bring back the speed limiter.. you can say as long as u want that is a simulation game, but is not real life its just a game !... .. some of us relax with that high speed maybe most of the times we are alone on the roads .. because not all the time the server is full... i have to say this is not a good rule... but you guys know better right ?

Thank you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ionut[RO] said:

Why did you have to set the speed limit? Whoever did not want to go with speed to enter Europe 1 and ready, now can not do a skoda overrun that the front of me with the shooting goes as cool as me. A bad rule.

Speed limit is set ,  Example :

Higher speed more easier to lose control of car or truck"

Less speed harder to lose control of car or truck"

Make less chaos and accident rate will decrease"

Best Regards

Total EDM

20 minutes ago, Total EDM said:

Speed limit is set ,  Example :

Higher speed more easier to lose control of car or truck"

Less speed harder to lose control of car or truck"

Make less chaos and accident rate will decrease"

Best Regards

Total EDM

You guys should have limit only the cars usually the cars are doing much of the accidents and not the trucks... and if u look in the morning or even the afternoon when the server is not full you will see that your are alone in the map .. usually driving alone and u took us the only thing that makes us a little relaxed because we usually take long distances race. Ionut[RO] is right this is a bad rule and you all will see this in time .. time fix all problems.

Edited by dacia1310
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Xaphanx15 said:

Lol, you're missing the point of my post. You have completely disregarded what I had said at all. Every one of those servers are simulation servers regardless of what they are called, how they are configured or who they are for. 

The whole game is a simulation game, not a racing game. 

And for those agreeing with his post are yet more pins to the trolling board whore complaining because they can't go over 150. 

Get over it guys seriously there is no use even crying over it, the admins have put their foot down and you have to accept it whether you agree or not. 

What are you talking about?

The only simulation server is the EU1 and it is clearly stated [SIMULATION]

In the real world trucks are limited to 90km/h, the EU1 is limited to 90km/h thus equals SIMULATION, there you can feel like true professional.

You can go over 90km/h in the real life but then yo have to hack and bypass speed limiter meaning you are entering in NON SIMULATION zone.

What you wannabe simulation drivers want is custom simulation, meaning driving faster (110/120/130 km/h) than in the real world but obeying red lights etc etc..

But no wannabe sim drivers come to non sim server and cry about high speed, chocking the roads, driving 90km/h on the fast lane, abusing reporting system.

There are reasons why wannabe sim drivers are not going to EU1, for some of them 90km/h is too slow the other reason is in human nature, we humans like to stay in groups and to drive alone on an empty server is boring as hell and the last reason is there is not that many sim drivers in the community as you want to present and that's a fact, that's the reason why EU1 is empty most of the time.

Configure the servers like this

EU1 - 90km/h limit, for the true professionals and real sim lovers.

EU2 - no speed limit, free for all, no pain/no gain/no complain, respect and be respeted

EU3 - 120km/h limit, for wannabe sim drivers who find 90km/h too slow

EU4 - 120km/h limit, no coalition zone, make it double safe for wannabe sim drivers

I don't care about 3 servers from this list, you shouldn't care about just 1 server.

The EU2 will remain the most populated server because of the reasons I have stated above, mark my words.

You have 3 options so don't come on EU2 and act like real cry baby.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1

Imo limiting the speed will not solve much. It's the attitude from the players, not the speed. The MP experience itself is very laggy and just is a recipe for incidents. Just seeing all the lag from any driver as soon as they hit the brake or gas is just so triggering for anyone (even if you don't acknowledge it). I'm not sure if it's even possible to address the lag issue within MP but yeah..should solve the foundation first and then worry about something that clearly has little to no effect. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrG721 said:

What are you talking about?

The only simulation server is the EU1 and it is clearly stated [SIMULATION]

In the real world trucks are limited to 90km/h, the EU1 is limited to 90km/h thus equals SIMULATION, there you can feel like true professional.

You can go over 90km/h in the real life but then yo have to hack and bypass speed limiter meaning you are entering in NON SIMULATION zone.

What you wannabe simulation drivers want is custom simulation, meaning driving faster (110/120/130 km/h) than in the real world but obeying red lights etc etc..

But no wannabe sim drivers come to non sim server and cry about high speed, chocking the roads, driving 90km/h on the fast lane, abusing reporting system.

There are reasons why wannabe sim drivers are not going to EU1, for some of them 90km/h is too slow the other reason is in human nature, we humans like to stay in groups and to drive alone on an empty server is boring as hell and the last reason is there is not that many sim drivers in the community as you want to present and that's a fact, that's the reason why EU1 is empty most of the time.

Configure the servers like this

EU1 - 90km/h limit, for the true professionals and real sim lovers.

EU2 - no speed limit, free for all, no pain/no gain/no complain, respect and be respeted

EU3 - 120km/h limit, for wannabe sim drivers who find 90km/h too slow

EU4 - 120km/h limit, no coalition zone, make it double safe for wannabe sim drivers

I don't care about 3 servers from this list, you shouldn't care about just 1 server.

The EU2 will remain the most populated server because of the reasons I have stated above, mark my words.

You have 3 options so don't come on EU2 and act like real cry baby.

Even still you fail to recognize all of the servers as simulation servers despite being slapped down and being told that they are. Just because one is labelled simulation doesn't mean the rest aren't, because they are. They are all part of a simulation game, is that something you can't seem to grasp?

I'm not even crying about the limit either. I am all for it, even though I know myself that it wouldn't make much of a difference because regardless of speed or any limiter there would still be plonkas on the road whom can't control their trucks or cars at high speed. 

It is like I said in another thread, it is ridiculous everyone even going off about it. The admins have made their decision, and did so without consulting the players why? Like they said, they need to decide on their own without consulting everyone else on which path to take. And in this case, you all can argue that they made the wrong choice all you like, you can cry and whine all you like, slander the admins and or the game and go on to say it will die because of loss of members. 

All over a limiter? Seriously everyone should grow up. 

Now as for you sir, do not try to patronise me by thinking and or saying that I don't know what I am talking about. I know full well what I am talking about, but if you and others wish to be in denial over valid facts and not regarding what anything is called? Be my guest. 

Once again with limitation speed. Also agree that the speed cars need to be adjusted, a maximum of 100 km is sufficient for the car. Then another comment, the last days I was mainly touched by truck drivers! That's why it's a good thing that the maximum speed has been set at 150. Thanks to TMP for their part and their decision, great decision!