Global speed limiter

Scar

8 minutes ago, MaxOMax said:

I totally remember when we was going 50 Km/H in city (which is still on) and 90 Km/H at most on the road @Nataliia  ; I did enjoy the driving those times as I'm an old member of the community as shown in my rank ATM

N.B : Sorry if i did Mention you without a good reason

Don't worry, being tagged don't bother me, Max :P

Also, i miss that old times... loved to drive in such speed, could enjoy much more the whole view of the game, every time you drive slowly and smoothly you can enjoy watching each piece of scenery of the game, which is worth driving like that.

• True Story 1

42sT4Qb.png

Interesting fact. Many of those complaining about this have reckless driving bans. 

This will help you as it will be harder to be banned. :lol:

Wow. How many steps are you going to be taking next? Accidents happen on every road never mind the speed, so I suppose the next logical step is to ban the use of roads. After that - you could consider who performs the crashes - the user. Then, after banning those from joining, you'll have a truly crash free gameplay. Oh wait...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I also chime with this decision and a right step to make our in-game experience much better. Still very generous to allow up to  93mph as realistically,  truck drivers doing that spend will lose their right to drive. This will also clamp down on the drivers in the scout cars and I am pretty sure this may reduce the work for game moderators. 

I don't see the issue with this, the limit seems reasonable. It'll help players control the Scout car better as that thing rolls at high speed even with the tiniest of movements.

Though I don't think it should apply to free roam servers, as the rules are more relaxed and it gives people the option to drive at any speed they desire without hindering others.

I have to say I'm really disappointed in the community and the developers of TMP to make it so that we are forced to be speed limited even on non-simulation servers. I will most likely be spending less time playing due to this change as it is severely disappointing.

• Upvote 1

Best Regards

Raylovescars

You should limit PING to 150ms rather than speed, that action will reduce number of accidents more than speed limiter.

I myself and my friend we are long distance haulers and we drive 6000+ km custom routes pretty much all the time (my map is 100.00% explored) and whenever I can I will use max speed to complete my route faster.
You can go trough entire Italia on max speed as the roads are good and straight, also there is not many players in Italia DLC. Same applies to Viva la France DLC, good roads no players on sight, apart from frequent pay tolls.

Great Britain, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and Czech republic are most of the time empty, you can go faster without causing accidents.

One of my custom routes

As you can see, from Brest to Stavanger 6206 km

Those players who are finding fun in simulation and prefer more simulation driving should go to EU1 and hang there with friends, no point for them to stay on the EU2. In fact the best simulation they will get by playing offline with bots.

For us who liked EU2 the way was it the fun is reduced a bit.

I can handle bad drivers, inexperience drivers, laggers, kids, cars, trolls, over speeding drivers with ease.

There are Quick Save and Autosave features, if I ever get in to situation that someone crashed into my truck, I will calmly load save point 5km before with 0% damaged cargo.

If I see that someone is stuck on the road or rolled over or in any way making road blocked, I will approach to him then make a quick save, then do a quick load, spawn in ghost mode which will allow me to go through him and past blockade.

Drivers should be aware of this.

Personally I have never raged when someone crashed into me.

If you want to reduce accidents then:

1. limit ping and remove laggers

2. limit speed of the cars or remove their ability to tip over a truck with a 60 tons locomotive on the trailer, trolls love that stuff.

3. Control more Wild West C-D zone.

Honestly I think C-D zone is the zone with most accidents while rest of the continent is empty and accidents free, many people are making money from C-D zone by creating YouTube clips or streaming to Twitch so in my eyes it is perfectly normal to have most of the accidents right there.

• Upvote 2

I am very disappointed that TMP has introduced this rule as SCS is about to launch the new DLC. This will greatly reduce the desire of many players to buy, it will inevitably cause great losses to the SCS. For the speed limit, many people think that this is a simulation game, but it is ultimately a game, and you also need to know that Germany is not restricted to speed. We do not have to limit speed, but we must control it through rules. TMP restricts player behavior and can only be seen as incompetence and hegemonism. If the player hits someone at a speed of 170 KM/H, it can be solved by the reporting system. If the maximum speed is 150, it is very likely that there will be a large area of congestion. Some people estimate that they will slow down and cause unnecessary congestion. I hope TMP will consider it carefully.

4 hours ago, Aestrial said:

@andy Suter,

Unfortunately, there are a fairly big number of players who take simulator games as an opportunity to race cars around, treating the game as if it's GTAV. The aim of this change is to try and reduce the amount of incidents caused by reckless driving, while at the same time keeping realism. On a personal note, I agree with you and it's beyond me why some people consider a simulator as a chance to have a drag race and troll. Hopefully, this limiter will have the desired effect and reduce the amount of incidents caused by high speed trolls.

Anything to make the gameplay better for players is a good thing in my eyes.

No it really won't, people just force past causing pile ups. i had a load of cars do it & trucks today.....you could limit the speed to 20mph & people would still find a way to troll, as someone stated a good change would be making it so cars can't drive under trucks & flip them....this is what actually happens!

Just one more stupid thing from truckersmp team... Everyone is talking about simulation in game with name Euro TRUCK Simulator in which you added CAR that players can drive. That CAR is real problem with trolls. Delete CAR from game? Noo, we will add some stupid speed limit.

24 minutes ago, #Sikora said:

Just one more stupid thing from truckersmp team... Everyone is talking about simulation in game with name Euro TRUCK Simulator in which you added CAR that players can drive. That CAR is real problem with trolls. Delete CAR from game? Noo, we will add some stupid speed limit.

I think that's a very one dimensional viewpoint. There's nothing wrong with having the car in a game that's about trucks. it all boils down to how players drive, and judging by the number of instances where accidents are caused by people driving recklessly with the Scout car, I don't see the harm in implementing such a limit.

The argument of "having a car in a game called Euro Truck Simulator" doesn't make sense either. Are you saying TMP should remove the car completely instead of implementing a speed limiter? Why should the actions of a small part of the player base who are driving recklessly, punish players who abide the rules when driving the car by removing the Scout car completely? Surely it would be better to add something like a limiter that would help reduce the number of accidents?

TBH, I don't care about this new rule, I drive by the roads (or the trailers) speed limits and do mostly WoT jobs, so doing 150 Km/h is something that I don't even think about. And because of lots of players who think like many in this topic, I moved to EU#1 server, I got fed up with not being able to deliver undamaged trailers because of idiots going full speed with no skills to control their vehicles, crashing into mine. But... I agree with some others who said that the EU#4 server should be kept like it was previously. Two main reasons:

1 - Being NCZ all around the map, reckless drivers can only damage their own vehicles if they crash, so let them be, no harm to others, no chance of trolling.

2 - Having EU#4 as the no-speed-limits server would give an appropriate answer to those complaining. The same as they say: If you don't like speeding go to EU#1, anyone else could say: If you like speeding go to EU#4.

This being said, thanks to the developers for implementing this rule, I honestly believe that most EU#2 players will have a better experience without the Scout cars racing faster than 200 Km/h. Maybe I'll go back in it and give it a try ;)

Looks great for me that speedlimiter! Never drive above 80 km/h anyway. 

3 hours ago, #Sikora said:

Back in the days of TruckersMP. Or as it was called: ETS2MP. Trolls use to drive Green trucks with no trailer and the speedlimiter off. I doubt i have to tell you more details about what would happend next. Deleting the car won't solve the problem. It will move the problem.

Edited by MarsKiller

I really love new update of rules.Its a first step to decrease the accidents and reckless driving. Decreasing speed of skoda is another best move.After no damage mod and hack rule updated there was slight decrease in number of trollers. Its always same when ever new rule was added many people will just criticize. I just want to say Stop Criticizing and start Encouraging/Appreciating for the work they are doing to make the game more like simulation. I guess Most of the people who are complaining are the Skoda. Funny to see many players who are having bans are complaining about rules. All i see is by adding some rules which is just eliminating the trollers from this game. 

• True Story 1

UxiKSFa.png