Global speed limiter

Scar

Beloved people... I see some of you are upset and not satisfied with the new change of rules and with the limit in the servers... But keep in mind that TruckersMP is a multiplayer mod for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator . I don't think in the 'real world' you can drive your truck, be it loaded or not, at a 170 km/h speed like some of you do, and drive recklessly like some of you do. This is a choice our team had to make to control and decrease the quantity of accidents caused due reckless drivers, and people driving at high speeds. This is just a small change, if you want to compare to what we had a long ago, which the limit was 90 km/h, I am not sure if some of you had the opportunity to face that experience, but it was good times. 

Keep in mind that the decrease of the speed limit will be good to control the Cars, which some users use it more like a troll weapon, than for good use. 

Please, keep in mind too, that this is a attempt to reduce all the negative things that might be caused due the high speed, and to improve the in-game experience of all of you, players. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 8

42sT4Qb.png

I agree with @Nataliia, after all it is a simulator - I would say this is a step in the correct direction; helping the amount of reckless driving reports go down. However, I can understand other people's point of view of this situation, for example why is this speed limiter on EU4 where it's free roam and reckless driving isn't really a problem because it isn't a rule on there :P

Anyway, thanks for this change it should be beneficial :)

• Upvote 3

yo

It has been brought in to reduce the negative aspects of the high speeds which is understandable. The fact is while plenty of us can control the top speeds and drive safely at those speeds the problem is an awful lot of people can't but they would still drive at those speeds causing crashes, its thanks to those players and the trolls that this has been brought in and it will help reduce the crashes and trolling with the cars as no more cars going 250km/h on C-D is a great improvement :)

I understand how many of you feel as I too like speeding safely and would like to see the limit raised to at least 160km/h but there is no point or need to get angry about it, 150km/h (93mph) is still quite fast :) We will just have to wait and see how it goes and hope it gets increased in the future but if not then just continue to enjoy :tmp: at 93mph (when safe of course) :P

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

If this limit won't be removed I'm going to delete my account. I'm really mad about it, I'm playing this game for a long time, I'm using a driving wheel and I know how to handle my truck/car. The maximum speed should be depending on the performance of your truck and your personal driving skills. What do think about a server without those limits? This would be a fair deal for everyone. I hope it's just a bad april fool...

• Haha 3
  • True Story 1

I see a lot of people who are not in favour of the speed limiter arguing if you don't want to speed or if you want to play a truck simulator as a simulator then  go to EU1. I see your point partly but I would argue, the whole point of TMP is to drive with other people or in other words multiplayer. With the population of EU1 usually at most 1/3 that of EU2 why would we choose to play a multiplayer game with nobody else? I would happily join a server that was limited to 90 kph and had 0 collision zones if it was populated but it isn't. Therefore we have to either find a way to fully populate both servers for the interests of both simulator players and those who want to have (want of a better word) "Fun" or find a middle ground for both to co-exist on one server. I believe this is a step in the right direction. Would I go further? Probably, perhaps 120 - 130 kph to satisfy both parties but we all know you can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time. This is just one humble players  (who gets on with things and doesn't complain) opinion. What do the rest of you guys think?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

200km/h is already good :D

Ich mein 150 schaffen sogar die meisten Trucks berg runter und für autos ist das doch total langweilig. Wieso nicht die fahrweise von autos verbesseren bzw das Speedlimit auf 200km/h erhöhen, bei der Geschwindigkeit kann man das Fahrzeug, vorallem das Auto, noch in der Bahn halten :)

@andy Suter,

Unfortunately, there are a fairly big number of players who take simulator games as an opportunity to race cars around, treating the game as if it's GTAV. The aim of this change is to try and reduce the amount of incidents caused by reckless driving, while at the same time keeping realism. On a personal note, I agree with you and it's beyond me why some people consider a simulator as a chance to have a drag race and troll. Hopefully, this limiter will have the desired effect and reduce the amount of incidents caused by high speed trolls.

Anything to make the gameplay better for players is a good thing in my eyes.

• True Story 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

I also agree with @andy Suter & @Aestrial Personally I always have the truck limiter turned on and mostly choose external jobs anyway but if the sacrifice I and we other simulator drivers have to make to be able to play on a populated server is for others to drive a little faster than us, I'll take it...... but only a little faster developers "hint hint" :P

• Upvote 1

I totally remember when we was going 50 Km/H in city (which is still on) and 90 Km/H at most on the road @Nataliia  ; I did enjoy the driving those times as I'm an old member of the community as shown in my rank ATM

N.B : Sorry if i did Mention you without a good reason

Tag Line: Want to Have fun, join Trucking World at ETS2, ATS and TruckersMP.

Respected Member of the Arab Community and TMP
Former: Forum Moderator, Support Team & Game Moderator