Global speed limiter

Scar

i think 93 MPH is a good thing the truck handles more stable and you can stop more quickley but there are still people that hammer down and still cause accidents  in the corners 

1 minute ago, TUNANKA said:

It's a very nice step, it could fall even further. :check::)

Agree ,but it is a good start....Thx tmp team 

Thank you for the new speed limit, it's a step in the right direction! :)

Even though I follow the road sign speed limits, could you explain why this speed limit is also enabled on the non-collision/freeroam server as reckless driving doesn't affect other players there?

Edited by StickyEagle
  • Like 1

UsDxWIH.png

I am a little sad that we can no longer go the top speeds in the trucks on the big empty roads but am happy that cars can no longer speed at top speed as most people could not control them and they did cause alot of crashes especially on C-D.

I understand why this has been brought in, its a shame that thx to those who speed recklessly when they cannot control it and the trolls that the rest of us who could handle the higher speeds also can no longer go full speed safely but this does have its good points and 93mph is still pretty fast so its not all bad :)

I personally would like to see it increased a little but if not its no big deal and I do hope if it does not get any lower :wacko:

C-D sure will be a little better without the cars going 250km/h and crashing into everyone :D 

Oh and to everyone who says trucks do not speed and its unrealistic well you are wrong :lol::mellow:

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

If the aim of removing speed limiter is to make a step towards simulation.
You probably would like to increase the population on EU #1 server. Since it is the proper simulation server.
You could achieve this by limiting player count on EU #2 to lets say 2000.
And closing down empty servers like EU #3 and EU #4.
That's gonna force people to stick on EU #1 and EU #2.
Now, since both servers gonna have traffic jam on the road. It won't be an issue anymore to drive alone on empty roads of EU #1.
And players gonna have a free choice between need for speed and simulation. Since there is gonna be only 2 servers respectively the NFS one and the simulation one and since both of them will be populated 90%, people won't be forced to drive on eu #2 anymore just because there is traffic jam, they will find traffic regardless which server they choose.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

Thank you for this:tmp:

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  GPU : MSI Geforce RTX 2060  MOTHERBOARD :  ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING MEMORY : ADATA XPG  16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz  SSD :  CORSAIR 120GB  550MB - 500MB  SSD  : SAMSUNG 250GB 860 550MB - 520MB SSD  : ADATA 480GB SU630 520MB - 450MB  CASE : Cooler Master MasterBox MB511  PSU : Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+

I am very happy with that decision, because it is not a racing game. It is a simulator game. I am really happy that you made a topic about it. Not everyone will ask now "why I only can go 150 km/h" and if, here is the answer. I am happy, that this is sorted out now. :)

Anyway, there should be an 150 km/h icon now :troll:

• HaulieCry 1

I agree with @Killua // Ireland ^_^, I’m glad the cars can no longer go 3 and a half times the speed of sound on C-D road. But I’m equally disappointed that we can no longer go faster in trucks anymore, especially on the huge open roads- I reckon the limiter should be increased just slightly.

Edited by heyhococo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Very good idea.

I would even lower the limit. My old friend always said this: If I want to go fast, I'm playing with Formula One. If I want to get a truck, I'll go in the game with speed limits.

• HaulieCry 1
  • Confused 1

In my opinion, this update is helpful for TMP, because this game is more about simulation, It's not race game such as Need for Speed, Forza Horizon and etc.

I hope with this update we will have less trollers, rammers and less traffic jams on C-D road, but I think that traffic jams on C-D road will be until this road exists :D 

• HaulieCry 1
  • True Story 1

18 minutes ago, [AC] #felixggru said:

This makes 0 sense... Whether it's 150 or something faster, it does not matter... TMP is going to s**t... Only the disabled rules regarding save-editing and now something like that... I am very upset with the latest changes from TruckersMP!

If you want to drive fast maybe you should play GTA 5 or Forza Horizon. 

• Confused 1
  • True Story 2

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png