Its a poll for Truckersmp Speed Limit Update.

[BST] - Kuakata Express

Its a poll for Truckersmp Speed Limit Update.  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Happy with this Speed Limit (150KM/h) Update?

• Yes! i am agree.
    • No. I am disagree.

ETS2 / ATS wasn't created to do races. They where created as an truck simulator. And trucks in rl drive 90 km/h max. So even 120 would be too much. But I think, in some way, it is a game and we should not take the howl fun we can have. That is why I think, that 150 is a accaptable medium thing.

Aslong as we have the control over our trucks, everything is fine, but you clearly have no control >150 km/h.

It is not a racing game.

That is why i voted with yes, I agree

Why do we have a simulation server? Why? Pointless if we use a speedlimiter on all servers.

We want to push simulation to TruckersMP and this decision has been made to be in line with our objective. We noticed that many accidents and instances of reckless driving are caused by driving at high speeds, so this is an attempt to reduce that and to improve the in-game experience of all our players.

I agree that it lead to a lot of accidents. But to be honest - those who didn't want to play on a server with high speed trucks had always the chance to play on EU1. So there was no conflict at all - the realistic players went on the simulation servers and those who enjoy high speed went on EU2. Everyone could decide for theirselves whether they want to play on a server with lots of accidents and an anarchic driving style - or on a calm, peaceful server.

I don't really get why this free decision was taken away. I mean - almost 70% of the players played on EU2 so they obviously did not want to be limited in speed. So why do you do something that no one on this server wants you to do?

Yes, 150 is not slow. It's still possible to move around fastly. But still - why don't you open a server without any speedlimit? Why not even that's the thing which the majority of the players wants?

I would like to see it increased a bit to 100mph so the trucks can reach closer to their top speeds however I do agree its a good idea that cars can no longer go 250km/h as cars going those speeds on C-D is what causes alot of crashes :)

Its a shame they had to do this thx to those players who speed recklessly without being able to control the speed and the trolls but in an MP like this thats just what happens. TMP will bring in things to try to benefit everyone and improve things to make this a better place for everyone and unfortunately in order to do that sometimes things have to be brought in that alot of people will not like. While this does affect all of us that like speeding and can speed safety at the high speeds it also affects those who cannot and would speed recklessly causing crashes and the trolls too

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Back when the limit was 110 we had the least trolling and the quickest response time to reports and so I think 150 is a step in the right direction.

@DrEGZo and others saying "Go to EU#1". Even when you're all right about EU#1 being already a speed limited server, there's a lot of players who want to drive by the speed limits but not restricted to a server. What if someone likes driving in a simulation way but wants to see lots of other players? Or if someone likes to see also cars around? Those players would join EU#2 server and it doesn't mean that they have to be bothered by racers who don't understand that going full speed is dangerous, for them and for others. I can twist the question: "Why all those players who want to drive full speed in trucks or cars didn't use EU#4 server, where they are not a danger to others?" As for the question "Why do you do something that no one on this server wants you to do?", you're wrong, there are many people in the server who is happy about the 150 Km/h speed limit. As of now, the poll results show that the people agreeing with the limit are 50% more than those against it.

Spoiler
04.07.2018-10.47.52

If only for avoiding the NFS fans doing 250 Km/h in their "Skodas", I'm 100% with the limit.

High time these foreigners who love thinking the game is a racing simulator stop asking if everyone's happy with the speed limit, and or crying about it.
If you folk can't accept the change then why are you even here? Instead of crying even more then why not play Need For Speed or Forza? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived