New Save Editing - Discussion (many images)

Forerunner

Hello Mika.L, 

I don't know why it is appropriate to bring a Discord DMs to TruckersMP forums. Secondly, it is not breach TruckersMP Terms and Service since I found your work in Viva's private discord. 

Thanks, 

If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me on Discord, where the conversation started. 

"one day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" 

YkVNx7p.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey @Forerunner, I don't know if you'll ever decide to come back to this but now with the owned trailers of 1.32, it completely breaks /home edited trailer skins. Do you think you can look into it and see if there's a way to skin owned trailers for MP? I can create skins normally with mods and they show up just fine in-game, however if I try to change the values to a /home directorate, the skin just shows up as an all black trailer despite everything still being in the correct place.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, danielsoN` said:

They changed something in save editing in the meantime ? I tried to get paintjob on my own trailer and it works, but i get instant kick from server because of detected modified accessories.

They took out the ability to have modified local paintjobs for whatever reason. They just don't want us to have nice things.

17 minutes ago, danielsoN` said:

Ahh, this explain a lot, so now we can any do stuff to improve look of truck/trailer localy or everything is forbidden ? I could just check it on my own, but there are many posts abut save editing and it will be easier to just ask.

Not everything is forbidden, however they did change around a lot of the parameters for what is allowed and what isnt. it's a real pain trying to figure out what works and what doesn't because TMP staff was very reluctant to tell us what all the kick parameters are. they listed a few but not everything. the major things they listed were: chassis, cabins, sounds, paintjobs, interiors, and any outside accessories that hinder the main head and tail lights(ie: modified front grille that gives you different headlights for example).

I play for a long time on mp (prolly since it came out, ofc had some breaks), but never tried to use mods there. It's bad now most of things are forbidden, im not much into tuning my truck (i enjoy more 'stock' like look) but local sound mod or paintjob for trailer would make game better for sure.  Some people say other player mods can crash ur game, but i never experienced it, idk maybe im just lucky. Recently im getting some crashes after i press exit game but thats it, never got any when i was driving etc.

@Forerunner i am fully aware of that. its just that my point still stands that the TMP staff hasnt released any kind of composite list of what is and isnt allowed. the larger aspect of it i understand. but that still doesnt explain things like the removal of local trailer paintjobs from the list of whats allowed since a texture does not effect any of the aforementioned items, especially because of the fact that they created a functional fallback system that just made the trailer load whatever color you had as a default for everyone else.

• 1 month later...

Archived