New Save Editing - Discussion (many images)

Forerunner

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Forerunner First of all, really nice thread. Thanks for all Information. I have two questions:

1. Will you update your "Additional Customisation" to newest version?

2. I was always asking how you did magage it to add an extra axle to the older Volvo or add the Spoiler to the 8x4 chassis with the Tank on the second axle New Volvo. That´s really amazing!

My question is: Will you upload a tutorial on how to save edit such accessories or could you tell me how to do this? I would really love to see these in ETS2.

Thanks for your answer.

Greets

Chris

Jage nicht, was du nicht töten kannst!

@Forerunner Thanks for your answer. Would be really cool if you update your mod as it is much easier to put some parts from other trucks to your truck and test it out.

I save edited a lot in ETS2 and now there´s this new rule´s update for MP... This ruined almost all of my edited trucks sadly.

Will your "mods" like the new Volvo with the extra Spoiler and tank still be allowed or can I get banned for such a kind of save editing?

Greets

Chris

P.S: If you don´t want to update your stuff (what I can really understand because it´s a lot of work), just think about me, who would definetely enjoy it, maybe this makes it easier for you then :D

Jage nicht, was du nicht töten kannst!

Something I'd like to know, is there a way to make a trailer load the old skin format? The context for this is that for 1.29 and previous versions, SCS had designed trailers to be completely blank and all of their textures (wheels, frames, reefers, etc.), were a part of the skin itself. That also included an individual left and right side. Now, SCS uses a much simpler process where all the trailer textures are actually a part of the trailer itself and all the company skins are simplified and oriented the same way so that each trailer no longer requires its own skin file but can load any skin from the same folder. This made it so the left and right sides use the exact same design (which means a design to the rear of the trailer on 1 side would be towards the front on the other). I have included both versions of what skin files used to look like before and what they do now. The issue is, however, is that the skins I would like to use have individual left and right sides. Either they are more realistic with company logos always towards the front of the trailer or custom designs that have to be oriented a certain way. Now going back to my original question, would it be possible to create a file with this that would allow a trailer to load the original skin format and still use it for MP?
EDIT: I figured it out. By using an older trailer skin mod, I was able to edit the old *.tobj file to make the trailer load the old skin format.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

@Forerunner if you've already made a tutorial on how to use /home truck accessories i'd very much like a link to it. but if you haven't yet, i'm really running into some problems here and i'm not quite sure where i'm going wrong in the process. all i'm trying to do is place some custom fenders on a truck. from the original mod's def folder i copied over the .sii file. i also copied the .pmg and .pmd files from the vehicle folder and the corresponding .mat and .tobj files from the materials and textures folders as well. i used my notepad++ to edit the .sii and .mat files make sure the directorate leads to the forerunner folder but i'm at a standstill because even though the fenders i want show up on the truck, they show up as bright red (which i'm positive is the "texture not found" material). is there something i'm missing or possibly a file directorate that i didn't edit correctly? i feel it might have something to do with the .tobj file as it is unedited and that might be leading to someplace it isn't supposed to. if you have any suggestions i'd very much appreciate it.

13 hours ago, Forerunner said:

@nitrodax777 a tutorial is not yet out, however you need to edit the *.tobj and *.pmd file. There is an old tool capable of doing it but if you just edit them in Notepad++ they will break

i was right then. i am putting everything in the correct location and did everything correct up until that point. i do not have any tools capable of editing *.pmd and *.tobj files but now that i know its a must i will get the tools needed to edit them.

Edit: alright, seems like i'm gonna be at another standstill. all of the *.tobj files are edited correctly however i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing in blender in order to get the *.pmd files to follow the right directorate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived