Global Rules Update - 2nd April 2018

Dear players,

We have spent the past couple of weeks reviewing our global rules. We have made lots of changes, a big part of it being the addition of Section 3, Save editing. In this section you can find information on what save editing is allowed as well as a guide on how to save edit.

There has also been some minor additions to both the Game and Forum rules.

Due to the nature of such a change to the rules, we have decided to give a 3 day grace period for the save editing section of the rules from the date of this blog post where you, the players, are expected to make sure your trucks, trailers and cars conform to our new rule set.

Of course, as usual, you can find our rules here.

We hope you enjoy the better guidelines on what we do and do not allow when it comes to save editing.

Thanks, 

TruckersMP Management

View post on homepage

The new rules show a huge effort and are definitely better and clearer than the old ones.

However, I also noted some questions to the rules when I went through them. So here we go...

1. Links to unsafe websites

Linking or providing access to unsafe websites or content

Are there any "famous" pages which are considered unsafe? For example, I got kicked once for posting the link of tmp's facebook profile in chat. So is Facebook considered unsafe?

2. Links to user's social media accounts

Sharing personal details, including links to social media accounts, about other users is not allowed.

What about social media accounts which the owner has linked to his tmp profile or forum profile? What about steam profiles? Are those excepted of this rule?

3. Significantly extended hitboxes

It is allowed to mix chassis and cabins of different trucks as long as they don't extend their hitbox significantly.

Can you provide example images of what means "significantly"? Would that be a significantly changed hitbox?

4. Amount and position of items

Adding an excessive amount of items on your truck or placing items where they are not meant to stay is not allowed, any item that is not mentioned in these rules can only be placed where allowed by default by the game.

• It's not allowed to place more items than allowed by default by the game (beacons, lights, horns or any other item).
  • It's not allowed to place beacons and large horns on bullbars/bumpers/sun visors. Normal beacons are allowed only on the roof and on the roof bars. LED beacons are permitted where allowed by default, while normal LED lights can also be placed on bullbars and roof bars.
  • Small horns and other items not mentioned before are allowed only where permitted by default.
  • Items meant for trucks' interiors cannot be placed outside the truck and vice-versa: as an example, it's not allowed to place beacons inside the cabin or place wheel knobs on bullbars, this is valid for every other item.

I'm not quite sure but... wouldn't it be shorter if you just write:

It's not allowed to place more items than allowed by default by the game.

Items not mentioned before are allowed only where permitted by default.

Wouldn't that cover all these points?

5. Position of bars

It is permitted to use at most 3 bars and place them on different slots meant for grills or lower bars. It is also possible to put all bars on the same slots and combine them.

So can I use a bullbar as a roof bar?

6. Item amount of bars

Items limit for these bars is what the game allows by default.

Does 'limit' refer to the max amount for the entire truck by default or to the max amount for each bar by default? For example if I use 3 bars having as much items as possible by default, my entire truck could have more items than possible by default since it's normally not possbile to use one bar three times.

7. Trailer weight

It is permitted to save edit the weight of trailers, the weight must be above 1 tonne (1000kg)

IMPORTANT!!! : Do you refer to the total weight of the trailer or to the cargo weight of the trailer?

8. Weight of doubles/triples

It is permitted to save edit the weight of trailers, the weight must be above 1 tonne (1000kg).

It is permitted to save edit and mix normal trailers (normal short trailer) as long as their hitbox is not extended significantly and taillights are still visible, wheels cannot be changed either as it affects trailer stability. It's not allowed to save edit other trailers combinations, exception made for paint jobs and registration plates, which are permitted.

These two points are controversial... may I edit the weight of a double trailer or not?

8. Definition of "item"

It's not allowed to place more items than allowed by default by the game (beacons, lights, horns or any other item).

What do you mean by "item"? Any accessory? Or just the hookup accessories? (those who can be placed on a bar)

That's important since many players still have tinted headlights, and if "item" refers to any accessory, those headlights wouldn't be permitted anymore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

How can i prove and submit a report, that player is using -5 ton trailer?
How can i prove, that player has 10 items in single slot?

Yes, you can see in advanced logs that player has 10 items in single slot, but you can edit that log yourself and report someone, so how will be that accepted or rejected?
I was asking mwl4 to make an autokick for those two things, because you can't really prove it when reporting a player...
So now what:? Nothing has really changed...

Edited by novice
  • Upvote 1

"Spamming our report system with useless reports, reports using continuous freecam (Cam 0) to record or anything similar can lead to a ban from the report system."

What's wrong with freecam? I recall one particular instance where I used freecam to record a nearby ongoing incident where a user was performing some kind of road block in Duisburg. I was able to record the incident, and provide a suitable report, without putting my truck in the middle of it. Freecam is a very useful tool, and I feel prohibiting the use of freecam will throw out a lot of useful reports. Just last week, I used freecam to show a truck driving the wrong way on the highway. This allowed me to clearly show username, travel, and actions, without me having to try to launch my own truck over a median in order to get close enough.

So again, why is freecam apparently not permitted?

"Impersonating other users, political figures, Moderators or acting like someone who is more superior. This can be through the way you speak, your avatar, your license/interior plates, username and/or your game tag."

"The way you speak" sounds like, "If you sound like you know what you're talking about, you could be thought to be a game moderator, therefore, you cannot remind users of rules while citing the exact rule."
This is something I have done once or twice before.

Furthermore, gamer tag, or plates? Elaborate. What is allowed? What isn't? I have put SAFETY on a plate on my scout, or CAUTION as my gamer tag. Is this a problem? Clarify. I feel this rule is incredibly vague.

Final issue, it is stated that on appealing an appeal, it cannot be more than a month old. But what if it takes a month or more to get a reply?

Edited by BadWolf1
Further information.

39 minutes ago, BadWolf1 said:

Final issue, it is stated that on appealing an appeal, it cannot be more than a month old. But what if it takes a month or more to get a reply?

It is a fact that there a many reports in a report system on a day. Although that fact, the team has got like 80 members who can claim and process a report. Because of that, it shouldn't take a month, it should only take 1-2 days.

Also I think they mean that you should make a report within one month. They don't mean the process time.