Remove 150kph limiter from non limited servers.

BlackriderUK

Suggestion Name: Remove the new 150kph limiter from the non limited servers (EU2 , EU3 , EU4 ect)

Suggestion Description: The new limiter for all servers is a bit extreme and will cause more bad than good , As people have stated in other posts overtaking will now be an issue because the speeders will all be doing the same speed , and will cause more accidents (some speeders may think well this is taking forever to overtake this player so i will just ram them to slow them down so i can then pass and they cant catch back up , That in turn will be more work for the moderators as they then have to follow more reports of people ramming because they cant pass each other ,  Ultimately leading to more work and more bans , As other members of the community have stated , someone who cant control their truck at over 150kmp wont be able to control it at 150kph , plus this defeats the object of a server having no speed limiter , A server with no speed limiter should be exactly that , no speed limit at all , Not no speed limit but instead have a 150kph speed limit on it , It defeats the object of the server.

While yes i agree that this game is a simulator and trucks cant do that speed in real life , It is at the end of a day a game , A game is meant to be fun , If you want real life go to the EU 1 server, If you want fantasy trucking then go to EU2 or EU3, If you want total fantasy where there is no collision then go to EU4 , This limiter affects people having fun on the non limited servers , Lets go with me for example : I personally love the drive from Palermo to Uppsala, I normally start at about 2am UK time (driving on EU3) and finish the run at between 4am and 5am (speeding at 105mph all the way) , Unless i see another player on my side of the road ,I then slow down to their speed until it is either safe to pass or they have shown me a signal that i can pass (eg indicator or pulling over while maintaining their speed) , However now with this limiter i will now have to either start playing earlier or finish playing later which in my opinion is unfair to me.

Any example images: None

Why should it be Removed?: So to summarise the above The limiter should be removed on non limiter servers , Because it can (and possibly will) cause more harm than good , In both mods work loads , Bans and people causing more accidents.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Hi there,

As has been mentioned by Scarface in the post below, the drop from unlimited to 150km/h is an attempt to reduce traffic accidents and instances of reckless driving mostly resulting in dangerous situations. 

A drop from approximately 180km/h (in a truck) to 150km/h is not a lot when you look at the size of the truck and the fact a truck should never be doing those sorts of speeds in the first place. Whilst you could go a lot faster in a car (approx. 250km/h) that sort of speed you would never be able to maintain along any stretch of road or you would be guaranteed to flip or crash as no vehicle in that game was ever designed to handle.

Whilst there has been a lot of outcry by a lot of members over this, we currently will hold firm on this decision and review its progress into the community and its adverse effects in the near future. 

The forum post: 

//Rejected

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.