Sounds of crashes for everyone

Suggestion name: Crash sounds that everyone can hear

Suggestion description: Consists in that every sound of crash that happens near the player, he can hear it. For example: I'm stopped in a traffic jam at the Rotterdam-Brussel bridge, then someone on the other lane crashes the player in front of him, so that makes a sound and I can hear it (the same noise that we make in SP mode, but it's not me who had the accident). It could be deactivated, or modified their volumes just as the user would want.

Any example images: Nope.

Why it should be added?: I think that it should be added just for a more realistic experience, so when you hear the crash sound, you start looking around just to see what happenned. Maybe the game original sound is not the best for a high speed crash, but it's possible to find anothers.

Thanks.

Edited by Juan.Cruz [ARG]
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 11

• 4 weeks later...

This is good idea @Juan.Cruz [ARG]

We can experience a more realistic gaming experience.

But ı think about, how realistic are the sounds of crashes and accidents?

Or is it really gonna save us from an accident?:truestory:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • HaulieLove 1

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2018 at 4:36 AM, NexooYT said:

That seems cool. but then we would need crash physics, it would be weird that we hear crash but no physics.. And, who would record these sounds? It isn't easy..  I don't know not a +1 not a -1 from me :) 

Yes, you're right. Now in the game, the original crash sound isn't the best, but well. Maybe it's possible to extract the sound of other game, and modify it to use it in our game.

Talking about physics, it's not that easy to make those physics. Imagine that every player may have different crashes and all those different crashes need to be loaded by our computer. Maybe it'll be laggy (depending on the PC).

Thank you for all the replies guys :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this idea! +1

I kinda love to add realism with sounds, when I suggested for the radio static and open/close message sounds some players said it would be annoying.... for some it may be, but you must admit it adds that small realistic effect :D

About crash sound...for some worried about the sound spam... how about a middle point... a crash sound..but... not SO....idk... crashy? Hahaha. And if it possible, hope it is, different volume for different distances of crash (so you dont hear a crash 150mt away behind your neck).

Something like this?

• Upvote 2

Guest GЯΞУHOUИD

good idea. I hope it is added to MP. but i think TMP can not make that. I think this is more a plugin that SCS can add. I don't know. Anyways.

+1 from me. 

Guest Bruce T.

On the C-D road, it will become a festival of sounds. In my opinion .. I do not see this as something really necessary, I believe there are other things that can be added, and put this suggestion in the last place of the list.

I will be neutral in this suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a quite decent idea after all, but, on highly populated roads, it would end up in a continuous and annoying sound.

Alongside with a proper setting for it in the menu or a base low volume, it would be a nice little touch. The hard part might be sound synchronization for the player, but I believe that can be set up locally as a mod.

WJmVjFt.png

This would be a cool idea for the singleplayer mode. For multiplayer, let's be honest... The amount of crashes can be very high, just thinking of the calais-duisburg road. Waiting in a traffic jam and hearing the crashes, it will make me just turn around and go back to my garage lol