Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

150 Km/h update is good or not?

[BST] - Kuakata Express

150 km/h update is good for us or not?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. 150 Km/h speed limit update is good for us? or not?

• yes! its good!
    • No! I am angry! I want to leave from earth righf now :p

@China-[588]-Xu-Ge explain to me why you feel that the speed limit in cities should be 50 mph and the highways should be 7 mph faster then what the max speed limiter is now.

@teonn you may like to drive at 105 mph, and you may be able to handle that. it also maybe true that you rarely cause accidents, however you do cause accidents while traveling at 105 mph. so explain to me rationally, and with out telling me that I can play on EU1 if I don't like speeding, why the limiter needs to be removed. because IMO if you are playing a simulator, you wouldn't be traveling anywhere near 93 mph. and as many people have pointed out this is Euro Truck Simulator not Grand Theft Auto and not Need for Speed.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, this is just my personal opinion, the 160 speed is high, the city knows the city road complex, speed between 60-80 I think just, in order to avoid traffic accidents, as well as for city or speed, high speed, we all know that speed is fast moving, I personally think that the speed at 150-160 between just 

@China-[588]-Xu-Ge if I am understanding you right. 37 mph is fine for city travel however 50 mph is still considered highway speeds. it would be fine for the highways that pass through Paris and such, but for in city driving it is still very fast. and is likely to cause accidents. as for 93 to 105 mph it really isn't realistic to see trucks going that fast, even on the Autobaughn  in Germany the speed limit for trucks is still only 56 mph max. the 93 mph max speed in servers is a compromise to what the EU1 speed limiter enforced server.

Is fully aware of the player to distinguish a simulation game from a racing game. So I'd rather keep what's already there. 150km / h is good, yes.
If there is someone who is against continuing with 150 km, it is better to switch to another suitable server with 90km speed limit.
I do not think it's good to keep all 90km / h servers.;)

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

I think its great I mean even now you have people doing stupid crap. For those that drove safe and fast, thats great but most dont. So because of the actions of some everyone gets caught in the crossfire. I dont see why they couldn't make a server for those that want to drive fast. That way those going there would expect that kind of stuff. But I am for the change. 

image.png.25889fce1e779d1f47dcacadc6b0463c.png

Very bad. I make almost than 3-4 MILIONS KM on ETS 2 MAP with speed 172 km/h sometimes 180km/h and i don't crash only when other players make "Brake chceck" on me or block road. Now if all up think "Is not racing game" okay... make speed limit in real live for all cars on earth to 80km/h and then you see it's not speed is problem ONLY not FFS PAYING ATTENTION!!! SPEED is only factor of crashes.  And i don't understand other players nobody ask us like PiS politics in our Poland country "Only we have right nobody care us". Bye ETS2MP R.I.P

I think that 150 km/h (for trucks) are still too much. If you want to drive so fast, you should play other games and not a truck simulation game. But that was always my opinion.

There are too many drivers, who can't handle with the highspeed - so you can see how many bans there are at the c-d route because of reckless driving or driving with an excessive speed.

Just what i said to my parents :) 

Speed dosen't kill you, the person who is driving kills you, plane is going fast and nobody dies :) 

if you don't obey the traffic rules, you will cause an accident! 90% of players on this server don't know traffic signs/rules :)

SAY STOP TO RACISM !!!!

Romanian people are people just like you !

I think the 150 kmh limit doesn't decrease the number of crashes because eg an player will overtake another player who is driving 140 kmh. So the speed difference is only 10 kmh and that's very dangerous.

But maybe it can decrease number of trolls who causing crashes. 

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

On 23.4.2018 at 7:39 PM, Chris | Camox said:

I think that 150 km/h (for trucks) are still too much. If you want to drive so fast, you should play other games and not a truck simulation game. But that was always my opinion.

There are too many drivers, who can't handle with the highspeed - so you can see how many bans there are at the c-d route because of reckless driving or driving with an excessive speed.

So you can drive EU#1?!?!?

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

@grundi2601  there's a clear rule about overtaking: If a driver is not sure that the overtaking can be done safely, better not try. That thing about going 150 and being a danger to overtake someone going 140, was not the same before, if someone was going 180 and the truck ahead was doing 170? And of course, anyone can drive in EU#1 server. But speeders could also drive in EU#4 and not be a danger to others, and 99% of them never did, so please, don't suggest others to do what you're not willing to do.

ON-TOPIC: It would probably need a game moderator or even better, a game moderator manager, to make it clear if the amount of reports because of reckless driving before and after the 150 Km/h speed limits has changed. But from my experience, I've seen a lot less crashes in EU#2 now than I used to see when it was speed-free. Mainly cars, which could go over 200 Km/h and are now a lot easier to keep on track, but also with trucks.

My opinion to EU#2 was: If you connect on EU#2, you will have fun, NO simulation such as ''speed limit''. I have nothing against the 150|80 km/h. I just think it's stupid that I can not catch up with my friends when they've left. But you've right, Ets2 is an simulation game, so it's ok.

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

@grundi2601 It's not specified anywhere that EU#2 has to be the "FUN" server. And simulation has to do also with driving among many other players, that's why a lot of people prefer EU#2 rather than EU#1, even if we want to drive in a simulation way. That thing about being unable to catch up with your friends has an easy solution: They are your friends, you can ask them to wait for you, so they should have no problems to slow down a bit until you catch up and then you can keep going all together. Unless you and your friends are racing each other.

2 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@grundi2601 It's not specified anywhere that EU#2 has to be the "FUN" server. And simulation has to do also with driving among many other players, that's why a lot of people prefer EU#2 rather than EU#1, even if we want to drive in a simulation way. That thing about being unable to catch up with your friends has an easy solution: They are your friends, you can ask them to wait for you, so they should have no problems to slow down a bit until you catch up and then you can keep going all together. Unless you and your friends are racing each other.

Okay, again: I wrote ''My opinion''!

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

Archived