150 Km/h update is good or not?

[BST] - Kuakata Express

150 km/h update is good for us or not?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. 150 Km/h speed limit update is good for us? or not?

• yes! its good!
    • No! I am angry! I want to leave from earth righf now :p

1 hour ago, Ricibom said:

Euuhhhh, yes ofcourse I know xd...

but a normal truck doesn't hit the 230 km/h mark either, I am pretty sure there are way to limit topspeed like changing gearboxes,engines or car weight....

Personally, I think its easier this way for trollers to do their bits here since you can't pass them properly, making blocks is easy aswell since you can't go around them since they will also speed up to 150 and there you are, stuck and pushed aside... 

This is a discussion point, and in genereal more people dissagree anyway, doesn't mean we're right, but doesn't mean we're wrong either, we have to do this all together, by that said I dont like you to show up like a ''know it all'' telling the majority of the people on this topic to simply shut up if we don't like it.

That you have a different point of vieuw, thats okay, that you maybe have more ingame experience, thats fine aswell, but that doesn't mean you're worth more than anyone else here, we're all equally, and we all have our own point of vieuw to it.

thanks for reading.

telling people on this topic to shut up? that is not what was said, and if you interpreted it that way then you misunderstood what was said. as @Joao Rodrigues pointed out and I said. people are free to choose what server they play on, and no one has the right, other then TMP, to tell them how fast or slow they have to drive. you and the others saying that if you don't like to speed, or see others speed, need to go play on EU1, is the wrong thing to say. it isn't their fault that the max speed limiter for ETS2 was set to 93 mph, it was all the people, minus yourself, and a small group of people who were banned for reckless driving, ramming, wrong way driving, blocking and trolling.

as for your issue of people blocking or trolling with the new max speed limiter. you can record them and report them.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again it's not just a truck, there are also cars and it forgives a truck if it can exceed 150 km / h according to whether I want it and that's why I paid I want to run with my car without causing accidents as I run and you'll see what your problem and many players are fed up with this regulation. and since we talk about real life, each one has different speeds, it is not always the same, that's why radar systems exist

@Celtibero555

let me make sure I understand you, you are upset that you cant go faster then 93 mph in the car? and you are upset that you "paid" for a truck game and cant speed in the car in a mod who set a max speed of 93 mph in all vehicles? 

@JamKek

why do you feel that they should remove the max speed limiter from the highways? 

We should just have our own server with no limitations, Cars, colisions and no limits. i know it doesnt sound fun but some people like to play the game that way, not everyone has $2000 setups for simulators, they just want to screw around with their friends...
Just let them have one server for gods sake.

I think it's very good. Many players do not fit the rules and use it very fastly. At the same time , the player is going to go faster by increasing the horsepower. So the speed limit is good , beautiful & great :P :truestory:

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

5 hours ago, Astero said:

The speed is not the first cause of accidents, the first cause is the turkishes.

Sir,
your crude attempt to incite hatred against players of a particular nationality is just pitiful.

Naturally you know that accidents are not caused by players of a particular nationality.
But it is just so convenient to blame somebody and not something, is it not?

5 hours ago, Epic_Viper9048 said:

We should just have our own server with no limitations, Cars, colisions and no limits. i know it doesnt sound fun but some people like to play the game that way, not everyone has $2000 setups for simulators, they just want to screw around with their friends...
Just let them have one server for gods sake.

there is a server, it is EU4, and they have said they may be removing the max limiter from it.

here is an idea, offer a better solution to the problem that was caused on EU2. until there is a better solution, the 93 mph (85 mph in ATS) is going to stay in place. the problem isn't the cars and how fast or slow they can go, it is all the people who are recklessly driving, ramming, and blocking.

I have heard "if you don't like to speed, go play on EU1. that isn't the solution, that, IMO, is picking a fight or trolling.

I am neither for the speed limit, nor am I particularly against it; I do however feel that it is a rather pointless addition that doesn't really solve a whole lot. Accidents as a result of loss of control still happen, and trolls can still 100% damage you at 60mph as they can at 93mph.

Realism also can't be argued for three reasons:

1. There is no 150km/h speed limit for HGVs over 3,500kg in Europe. The EU's maximum permitted speed limit is 100km/h, and a limiter set to that speed is mandatory for all HGVs weighing over 3,500kg.
  2. Cars do not have a 150km/h limiter in them by law. Many cars capable of reasonably performance are electronically limited to around 249km/h (155mph), but there is no actual limiter for cars that can't go that fast other than the engine's maximum output.
  3. Maximum speeds of cars are almost always higher than that of HGVs.

Personally, I think if changes were to be made, it should be that trucks should be limited to 100-130km/h, and leave the Scout's speed limit at 150km/h. That's the only way to even remotely achieve a sense of realism.

@McclaudEagle

TMP didn't set the max speed at 93 MPH (85 mph for ATS) for realism. they set it up to slow down the cars, which is just a reskinned truck. they are aware of the wrong physics on the car again due to it being a reskinned truck. if they can fix the issue of the engine assuming the car weighs10k lb  when it should only weight at most 1.5k to 2k lb then the car wont cause flying trucks. however a car, depending on the speed it is traveling, can total a truck. though said car will also be totaled.

Archived