150 Km/h update is good or not?

[BST] - Kuakata Express

150 km/h update is good for us or not?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. 150 Km/h speed limit update is good for us? or not?

• yes! its good!
    • No! I am angry! I want to leave from earth righf now :p

In my opinion 150 is the perfect limit.

150 km/h is around the safe speed on highways if you arent the best driver in real life,and its still very fast.

There isnt really a necessity to go faster,since the map isn't that big.

However on the other side there are guys who can actually control faster speeds,and do not endanger any other players.

We could have a system which determines your skill level and thus your speed limit,but that would be far too complicated to make.

Afterall,i consider driving safe when you dont endanger others and your lives,even if you do not abide by the speed limit,but that's just my opinion.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Abrams124 said:

That's right,but if you drive a car,then many people drive faster,on truck i agree with limiting speed,i don't think i've ever saw a truck going over 90 km/h.

a truck can comfortably hit 110km/h, in fact in America trucks hit 80mph frequently.  European trucks are geared different though so they sit between 1000 and 1500rpm when running at or around 90km/h.  In Australia and I think NZ but not sure in NZ they are limited to 100km/h.  Ontario Canada has a 105km/h limit

6 minutes ago, Abrams124 said:

That's nice to know,i did have it in mind before that they can reach 110 or even 120,as it's even displayed in the speedometer,but i never knew they actually did it in other places.

yup.

you also don't need to go fast to enjoy the Scout either.  I personally am a Sim-driver and so don't drive over 90km/h (unless there is a specific reason - such as having to do a dash to get to a covoy) however, all I ask of the players who do like to hare-arse along the road is to be aware of slower paced traffic.  that blue dot on the screen moving slow may be a 360hp renault hauling a locomotive up a steep grade, OR it could be a scout bimbling along becaue the driver still has the speed limiter activated, and so when you get to pass, you pass wide and with caution.

8 hours ago, Explore Transport said:

because I drive to the speed limit, you call me a Troll?

I would like to ask why that be trolling?  what I was saying is that players who are travelling at 150km/h which is around 90mph - (160km/h being 100mph) that they pass other players with care and respect.  Is that too much to ask?

and even if you are travelling at 90km/h on your limiter then begin to go down a long descent on a motorway, (there are a few on the map), gravity mechanic will take over and you will reach 110km/h, your truck may not have a retarder or engine brake because you may not have unlocked that item yet.

PS: calling someone a Troll Is against the forum rules, plus, its impolite :-)

i apologize for that trolls. The meaning of that speech is when someone were trolled by trolls, he will imagine all players are trolls

15 hours ago, Explore Transport said:

yup.

you also don't need to go fast to enjoy the Scout either.  I personally am a Sim-driver and so don't drive over 90km/h (unless there is a specific reason - such as having to do a dash to get to a covoy) however, all I ask of the players who do like to hare-arse along the road is to be aware of slower paced traffic.  that blue dot on the screen moving slow may be a 360hp renault hauling a locomotive up a steep grade, OR it could be a scout bimbling along becaue the driver still has the speed limiter activated, and so when you get to pass, you pass wide and with caution.

That's nice,i actually like driving slow many times because of the beautiful scenery,if you just floor the pedal and go 150 you miss out so many small details.100 for less detailed,or straighter areas is perfectly fine,70 can be used for sightseeing as it doesnt disturb traffic,and in most cases is the speed limit(or at least here in Hungary)

On 10. 6. 2018 at 7:16 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

Driving at excessive speeds is the main cause for the majority of accidents.

With the introduction of a reduced maximum speed limit the TruckersMP team wants to increase road safety and improve our all gameplay experience.

Their intention is not to steer players away from using the scout car. And the recently introduced caravan proves that.

>improve gameplay experience

>cars can't overtake trucks on highway

>80 km/h on highways which are in city area

lol

On 13. 6. 2018 at 9:58 PM, NexooYT said:

Good. Should be 90 km/h everywhere. This is trucking, not racing. In real life truck should go 90 km/h, not 150 km/h

This is a computer game, not reality. And word simulator in the name doesn't mean it's actually a simulator. In fact, it has very arcade-ish gameplay.

11 minutes ago, ZaViN4C said:

This is a computer game, not reality. And word simulator in the name doesn't mean it's actually a simulator. In fact, it has very arcade-ish gameplay.

I mean it being a simulator just means its as close as they got ti real life trucking at the point where they made the game. And of course its just a game. But he has the right to ha e is own opinions tho :P

In my opinion it is good, it's avoiding many crashes and I think that is enough reason for changing it. It was the right decision and some people just can't respect, understand and follow it, because

they don't understand the reason. We want to minimise the amount of crashes and that was a decision to minimise it -- and as I noticed there weren't many accidents due to high speed anymore. :check:

I have a varying opinion on this update.

Pros:

* Less likely to crash due to speed

* Reduces the speed of traffic in busy areas such as Towns, or Calais - Duisburg road.

Cons:

* When on small backroads or empty motorways in France or Italy for example. You'd like to go a bit faster

* When doing Media for events, the speed limiter gets in your way a bit

Kind Regards,

Ollie

xMbPhG7.png

On 10.06.2018 at 3:37 AM, Asyedan said:

I only think it should be disabled in EU #4, since you cant harm anyone there

Hello mate,

The global speed limit on the EU4 server will be disable.

Explanation by Scar:

scarface_said.jpg

You can visit this topic:

Hello,

In my opinion I think it should be taken off why? Most accidents are getting caused by overtaking some one because they are driving slow. But since we are speed limited everyone will attempt to overtake someone then ends of ramming someone in non incoming lane.

Best regards 

-dFuZe

Stay happy and safe

Archived