150 Km/h update is good or not?

[BST] - Kuakata Express

150 km/h update is good for us or not?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. 150 Km/h speed limit update is good for us? or not?

• yes! its good!
    • No! I am angry! I want to leave from earth righf now :p

5 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@ShadowWolf2k7 Read what @Joao Rodrigues posted above. Bans issued from web system reports usually appear as "EU#1", even when the incident happened in a different server.

One example from my reports (the player's username was deleted):

Reveal hidden contents

05.27.2018-01.49.53

You can see that it was accepted and occurred in EU#2 server. Now, the ban (link to the video was also removed):

Reveal hidden contents

05.27.2018-01.52.12

So, a ban showing "Server: ETS2: EU#1" can actually be for an action that happened in EU#2 server.

EDIT: Just checked 3 more of my reports, they were all about EU#2 server and they all appear in the bans as EU#1.

Spoiler

this was said by DavinaETS, the person who got banned. 

"Well the idiot that chose to ban me recently for claiming I 'rammed" him was doing 144km/h. And this was on EU1. So not only was he speeding he was also using a speed hack"

not sure what to think, either he is right and the ban happened on EU1, which would mean both need a perma ban for hacking or he was mistaken about which server it took place on, and should not worry about the max speed limiter

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

i went and looked at the profile of the person who got banned, and his ban was on EU1. and since he said the person he supposedly rammed was doing 90 mph, that would say both were using a speed hack on EU1

90KM/H not MPH!!! No I have never used a speedhack & don't know how to. I drive ot sim standards.

& I am female.

2 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

this was said by DavinaETS, the person who got banned. 

"Well the idiot that chose to ban me recently for claiming I 'rammed" him was doing 144km/h. And this was on EU1. So not only was he speeding he was also using a speed hack"

not sure what to think, either he is right and the ban happened on EU1, which would mean both need a perma ban for hacking or he was mistaken about which server it took place on, and should not worry about the max speed limiter

Neither.

It was EU1. And I was doing 80 or 90km/h. METRIC NOT IMPERIAL!

Let's move on.

Davina

@Barbaroshayretin It was the Skodas that made the team put the speed limit. More specifically, the Skodas' drivers who seemed convinced that TMP was some kind of NFS or GTA. Driving cars faster than 150 Km/h in Europe is only allowed in very specific roads and AFAIK, only in Germany, so it makes sense that they are limited too. Players used to go over 200 km/h on county 2 lanes roads, causing lots of "accidents".

4 hours ago, DavinaETS said:

90KM/H not MPH!!! No I have never used a speedhack & don't know how to. I drive ot sim standards.

& I am female.

Neither.

It was EU1. And I was doing 80 or 90km/h. METRIC NOT IMPERIAL!

Let's move on.

Davina

#1 I don't use metric seeing as I live in the states, however I know 2 conversions, the sim servers conversion is only 55 mph, and the current max speed limiter on the other servers is 93 mph.

#2 using with out knowing you or others personally I use he and him as a general term. it is more polite then saying it.

#4 with the video that was shown in the spoiler by Fernando, which clearly showed him at traveling at 90 mph (144 kph just for you) you can use logic to assume that the other person was traveling at that speed or faster. and I LIVE IN THE STATES SO I DO NOT USE METRIC. if you want to understand what the conversion from imperial to metric is you can do what I did and find a converter*.

* I wont do the reverse conversions*

In the video I see a maximum of two different rule violations, depending on which server the incident has actually happened on.
Both violations must be assessed independently of each other.

One violation that is independent of the server is to cut off another driver's way, which (from my experience) will likely be regarded as inappropriate driving or ramming.
The other violation will be regarded as speed hacking, but only if it happened on EU#1.
However, one might want to argue that driving at excessive speeds falls under reckless driving...

I don't like the whole 180km/h thing mostly because I only found one truck that could reach 170km/h and that was a Volvo FH16 and I don't really enjoy driving Volvos as much as I do Scania's so I found this quite frustrating. Descriptors are mostly to blame for their reckless driving as they could literally go from 0-100km/h uphill in like 10-20 seconds by simply making their trailer 1T. This to me says one thing there not there for the realism, they are there to be a pest. Overtaking users driving at 120-130km/h generally crashing and loosing control as they go 160 around a corner. If these people didn't do the things they did and cause all the issues that happened because of there ridiculous speed then I don't feel the 150km/h limit would've been put into the game. We cant blame the developers for trying to help the 80% of the community that know how to drive properly but instead blame the 20% of the community that ruined it mostly for them selfs with driving at such speeds. If I was a developer who had to fill out hundreds of reports daily because people don't know how to control their speed then yeah i'd implement a system like this as well. 

Kind Regards,

Top Bloke | Scania LTD Director 

I will not comment more on the subject for me the ETS2 is boring in the multiplayer mode and I will not argue but I only say that if I was driving at that speed it was under my responsibility and receiving the consequences

I prefer no limit. 150 just doesn't feel right.

Usually I drive at realistic speeds with an 8x4 and 40+tons, but I also enjoy flooring a 4x2 from time to time.

Most speeding accidents still crack me up, I'm not raging if they happen. That risk is one of the reasons I play MP.

Stupid thing. Limiting the freedom of "no speed limit server" EU2. You can limit the speed to 10 km/h everywhere and say that it will decrease the number of accidents. If you think many people want to drive 90 km/h look at the number of players on EU1. People just want to drive as fast as they want because it's just a game and not reality. That's why everyone plays/ed on EU2.

4 hours ago, ZaViN4C said:

People just want to drive as fast as they want because it's just a game and not reality. That's why everyone plays/ed on EU2.

I play on EU2 to spend time with friends and because when I'm on EU1 is a ghost town (EU2 isn't much better if you're not at C-D).  Not everyone playing wants to play like it's Need for Speed.  EU2 isn't listed as a Trolling, Speeding, or Reckless driving server so I don't understand why everyone feels like it is.

I think that the speedlimiter should go up to 170 because with a car it is so boring to drive 150km/h.
I know that it is a good idea but i am a good ets driver and i know how to steer a truck/car.

The Speed-limiter should go up to 160 or 170 because i cant even overtake trucks on highways. it is a bit unrealistic

Archived