150 Km/h update is good or not?

[BST] - Kuakata Express

150 km/h update is good for us or not?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. 150 Km/h speed limit update is good for us? or not?

• yes! its good!
    • No! I am angry! I want to leave from earth righf now :p

Since the addition of the limiter I have actually seen MORE crashes from people being impatient, attempted overtakes in places that would normally be safe to do so made impossible, and more people flipping in corners to try to make up time they cant get out of top speed. But hey, at least i've seen less skoda's flying around! :lol:

Side note: Living in america, all of our trucks do 80 MPH/120 KMH on all the highways, in 65 MPH areas! So im used to seeing trucks going pretty quick! (Yes, theres a speed limiting law of 55 MPH for trucks. Nobody obeys it, ever.)

Not saying I drive any faster than 110 KMH, I keep usually 90 to 100 KMH cruise control and never go over 110 KMH

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/11/2018 at 5:50 PM, S p a r k i e said:

Since the addition of the limiter I have actually seen MORE crashes from people being impatient, attempted overtakes in places that would normally be safe to do so made impossible, and more people flipping in corners to try to make up time they cant get out of top speed. But hey, at least i've seen less skoda's flying around! :lol:

Side note: Living in america, all of our trucks do 80 MPH/120 KMH on all the highways, in 65 MPH areas! So im used to seeing trucks going pretty quick! (Yes, theres a speed limiting law of 55 MPH for trucks. Nobody obeys it, ever.)

Not saying I drive any faster than 110 KMH, I keep usually 90 to 100 KMH cruise control and never go over 110 KMH

California is the only state that limits Semi's to 55 MPH the rest either can do the same limit as cars or close to it however some of the large companies such as SWIFT,PRIME etc Govern their trucks at 65 MPH for fuel reasons 

4i21k0-5.png

On 4/13/2018 at 4:56 AM, bryangullickson said:

California is the only state that limits Semi's to 55 MPH the rest either can do the same limit as cars or close to it however some of the large companies such as SWIFT,PRIME etc Govern their trucks at 65 MPH for fuel reasons 

CA speed limits are like not enforced for both cars and trucks. I've done 90mph in a 65 zone because everyone else was doing the same speed.

Semi's are not up to 90 but they can do 75 perfectly fine.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

I can’t lie I think the speed limits will now hopefully stop the trolls from coming and hopefully less reports for the Game Mods. :lol::wub:

On 01/04/2018 at 12:52 PM, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

@Sprinter318 [BY-4]

I am well aware that there is EU1, along with EU2,3 and 4. there is also the US server which I player on if and when I play ETS. the US ETS server does not have a limiter on it, yet I still wouldn't be going any faster then the posted speed limit. it is how I play. I still stand behind my saying that the limit of 93 mph is a step in the right direction.

I also mentioned in a similar topic that if 93 mph is to slow for people there is always SP.

So limiting to 93mph has reduced all the accidents has it? Get real!!! its 93mph

If Mp are going to impose nanny State rules then just limit all roads to their mandatory speed limits.

I would suggest becoming way more strict on the bans process. How about if someone purposefully causes accidents then their MAC address gets banned for live. No 'ifs' or 'buts'. This Nanny State mentality is killing the game off. PLEASE revisit your rational?!?!?

40 minutes ago, Alfie Baxter said:

So limiting to 93mph has reduced all the accidents has it? Get real!!! its 93mph

If Mp are going to impose nanny State rules then just limit all roads to their mandatory speed limits.

I would suggest becoming way more strict on the bans process. How about if someone purposefully causes accidents then their MAC address gets banned for live. No 'ifs' or 'buts'. This Nanny State mentality is killing the game off. PLEASE revisit your rational?!?!?

first off what is this "nanny state" you are talking about? second if you are saying that 93 mph has or hasn't reduced accidents, I wouldn't know, seeing as how the 93 mph max speed was set because of the issues on EU2. as for my rational you speak of, my comments are rational, and based on the "S" in both ATS and ETS and that is simulator. now if you want to point out where in the world you can, legally, go 93 mph in one of the trucks, I am all for reading it. however there isn't anyplace in Europe or the States, that you can legally go 93 mph. complaining about my opinion that 93 mph max speed limit on non limiter servers is a good decision wont change my opinion. and your opinion that the MP Is dying due to the 93 mph max limit is just that your opinion.

10 minutes ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

first off what is this "nanny state" you are talking about? second if you are saying that 93 mph has or hasn't reduced accidents, I wouldn't know, seeing as how the 93 mph max speed was set because of the issues on EU2. as for my rational you speak of, my comments are rational, and based on the "S" in both ATS and ETS and that is simulator. now if you want to point out where in the world you can, legally, go 93 mph in one of the trucks, I am all for reading it. however there isn't anyplace in Europe or the States, that you can legally go 93 mph. complaining about my opinion that 93 mph max speed limit on non limiter servers is a good decision wont change my opinion. and your opinion that the MP Is dying due to the 93 mph max limit is just that your opinion.

You have completely missed my point. 

Why limit it to 93 mph if your rational for doing so is to reduce accidents. Idiots driving at this speed are still just as likely to cause the same amount of accidents as they would if they were driving at 120 mph. My point is, if you are going to enforce speed limits then do so at a realistic speed that will absolutely deter people from traveling at such speeds.

P.S. Do you really need me to explain what a nanny state is? I'm sure their are many a google post that will enlighten you.

13 hours ago, SprinterFS said:

CA speed limits are like not enforced for both cars and trucks. I've done 90mph in a 65 zone because everyone else was doing the same speed.

Semi's are not up to 90 but they can do 75 perfectly fine.

Have you ever drove a truck thru California in real life?I have and have been pulled over for going 63mph..They do enforce the speed limits on trucks..Truckers are money for the  state thats why its 55 there.

7 hours ago, Alfie Baxter said:

You have completely missed my point. 

Why limit it to 93 mph if your rational for doing so is to reduce accidents. Idiots driving at this speed are still just as likely to cause the same amount of accidents as they would if they were driving at 120 mph. My point is, if you are going to enforce speed limits then do so at a realistic speed that will absolutely deter people from traveling at such speeds.

P.S. Do you really need me to explain what a nanny state is? I'm sure their are many a google post that will enlighten you.

they could do that, but then they would need to up the player limit on EU1 and close the problem server of EU2. its to bad that your comment is so indicative of the tide pod generation. saying this is the brits being over protective or interfering with your choice is so tide pod gen that it is funny. they have stated in the past that the rule sets for EU2 with its max speed of 93 mph and EU4 free roam are compromises to the EU1 rule set. if you feel that your civil liberties have been trampled on due to loosing 12 to 19 mph. you could go and picket outside of the TMP offices. you could write a letter to your local member of parliament, hell you could complain to the queen if you wanted. when they tell you that there is nothing they can do, you can always go play SP and do your 105 to 112 mph and not have to worry about the 93 mph limiter.

4 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

they could do that, but then they would need to up the player limit on EU1 and close the problem server of EU2. its to bad that your comment is so indicative of the tide pod generation. saying this is the brits being over protective or interfering with your choice is so tide pod gen that it is funny. they have stated in the past that the rule sets for EU2 with its max speed of 93 mph and EU4 free roam are compromises to the EU1 rule set. if you feel that your civil liberties have been trampled on due to loosing 12 to 19 mph. you could go and picket outside of the TMP offices. you could write a letter to your local member of parliament, hell you could complain to the queen if you wanted. when they tell you that there is nothing they can do, you can always go play SP and do your 105 to 112 mph and not have to worry about the 93 mph limiter.

Well done for yet again completely missing my point. Doesn't surprise me though.

Bahh!

13 minutes ago, Alfie Baxter said:

Well done for yet again completely missing my point. Doesn't surprise me though.

Bahh!

the point was loud and clear, you feel that they, TMP, are overprotective and stepped on your personal choice. fact of the matter is, they have the right to set any limits they want. and you as a player have 3 choices 1) live with them. 2) offer a better solution. or 3) go some where else. that is the point I made, which you failed to grasp. it is all the current news in another country, the tide pod eaters are trying say then know how to do things better then the people elected do. so you can take your "nanny state" and wash it with a "tide pod"

8 minutes ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

the point was loud and clear, you feel that they, TMP, are overprotective and stepped on your personal choice. fact of the matter is, they have the right to set any limits they want. and you as a player have 3 choices 1) live with them. 2) offer a better solution. or 3) go some where else. that is the point I made, which you failed to grasp. it is all the current news in another country, the tide pod eaters are trying say then know how to do things better then the people elected do. so you can take your "nanny state" and wash it with a "tide pod"

I haven't got a clue what you're talking about now. You are just ranting on for no reason what so ever now. What it a tide pod anyway?

Do yourself a favor. If you are going to use another countries language then at least have the decency to learn the correct grammar and punctuation.

BTW: Does this look familiar.

Suggestion Name: Removal of the speed limiter on theETS2 US server

Suggestion Description: the removal of the speed limiter from the ETS2 US server

Any example images: unable to get any due to the server currently being down

Why should it be added?: the reason I feel it should be removed is due to the low volume of people that actually play on the US ETS server. on average, when I log into the server, there is anywhere from 10 people to 100 people after major updates. I find that when traveling through Paris via the highway, there are large portions of the highway that even though it is listed that the speed limit is 56 mph you cant go over 37 mph. 

People who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :D

If you don't like it then go and play SP. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Alfie Baxter said:

I haven't got a clue what you're talking about now. You are just ranting on for no reason what so ever now. What it a tide pod anyway?

Do yourself a favor. If you are going to use another countries language then at least have the decency to learn the correct grammar and punctuation.

BTW: Does this look familiar.

Suggestion Name: Removal of the speed limiter on theETS2 US server

Suggestion Description: the removal of the speed limiter from the ETS2 US server

Any example images: unable to get any due to the server currently being down

Why should it be added?: the reason I feel it should be removed is due to the low volume of people that actually play on the US ETS server. on average, when I log into the server, there is anywhere from 10 people to 100 people after major updates. I find that when traveling through Paris via the highway, there are large portions of the highway that even though it is listed that the speed limit is 56 mph you cant go over 37 mph. 

People who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :D

If you don't like it then go and play SP. :lol:

I will tell you the same you told me when I asked what a "nanny state" was, use google it has the answers.

as for you quoting my suggestion, the US server said no limiter, however had the same rules as EU1.

and by quoting it you didn't read it. I will point out this part only

kinda missed the point of a no limited server in the listing when It had one. they even said it was a bug.

as for the max speed limiter on the ETSUS server doesn't effect me one bit. and I am happy to have it there. 

2 minutes ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

I will tell you the same you told me when I asked what a "nanny state" was, use google it has the answers.

as for you quoting my suggestion, the US server said no limiter, however had the same rules as EU1.

and by quoting it you didn't read it. I will point out this part only

kinda missed the point of a no limited server in the listing when It had one. they even said it was a bug.

as for the max speed limiter on the ETSUS server doesn't effect me one bit. and I am happy to have it there. 

I didn't need to google. I just asked my daughter who enlightened me. I just couldn't understand why you kept referencing it, that's all.

I too am happy to have the 93 mph limit there. I also quite like the caravans. As I have now stated several times, you have completely missed my point.

I have better things to do than watch you argue with yourself. Good night.

Just now, Alfie Baxter said:

I didn't need to google. I just asked my daughter who enlightened me. I just couldn't understand why you kept referencing it, that's all.

I too am happy to have the 93 mph limit there. I also quite like the caravans. As I have now stated several times, you have completely missed my point.

I have better things to do than watch you argue with yourself. Good night.

have a good nights sleep :)

In my opinion the limiter should be removed from the server EU#2 and should stay in EU#3 with say 120 km/h. I started finding the multiplayer less fun ever since the speed limiter and I am seeing people around me stop playing. 

Or there should be an official poll about the speed limiter as it is important what the majority of the community thinks. I am seeing lots of unhappy people around me due to the speed limiter both in the forum and in-game.

I drive very fast with speeds up to 170 and it is very very rare I cause an accident. 

And moreover, I am not seeing any decrease in the amount of accidents in D-C since the limiter came in... Idiots are gonna be idiots. 

I say, let people be free and speed but bring in more control through the in game admins.

1 hour ago, teonn said:

I started finding the multiplayer less fun ever since the speed limiter and I am seeing people around me stop playing. 

I drive very fast with speeds up to 170 and it is very very rare I cause an accident. 

With respect.... that's a few less problem players then. Mission accomplished.

When I learn to ride a motorcycle they told me ' it likely wont be you that causes an accident but others around you'. 

You may well be in control of your ballistic missile truck but I cant promise you that as I move into a new lane to overtake someone, while Im trucking along at 100kph that I will see you far enough away in my laggy mirrors, as you hurtle toward some at 170kph…. I cant promise I can prevent you running into the back of me if you going so fast that I cant react. I also cant promise those that overtake on the inside after ive just overtaken someone myself and im moving back into the correct lane that I wont force you into the grass. I also cant promise that I wont send in an abuse report when you start swearing in the mic and sitting on the horn like a frustrated toddler whose just had a toy taken off them, especially when my 7yr old daughter is sat next to me watching me play trucks. If that results in me getting banned, so be it but as far as im concerned I’ll be driving according to the rules of the road as I have done for 30 years in real life. I record all the time so that may help. I shouldn’t have to look  out of GTA drivers in a truck simulation. If I want that I could… <this may be hard to comprehend> go to GTA…. Ta da!!!

Some may say, ‘you shouldn’t be playing on EU2, go to Eu1’ or something similarly boring. Strange this, last time I checked, I was playing a truck simulator and ive not seen many trucks in RL speed past me at 170kph…. Just a thought.

Archived