150 Km/h update is good or not?

[BST] - Kuakata Express

150 km/h update is good for us or not?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. 150 Km/h speed limit update is good for us? or not?

• yes! its good!
    • No! I am angry! I want to leave from earth righf now :p

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, [TPL] Bialy said:

I will ask again.
Please don't be selfish. Not all players like to play realistic.
Please leave at least one server without speed limit.

This is the GAME about trucking. Not real simulator. Game is missing many things from truckers life and job.

For you sir I will quote this from Scarface. 
"This mod was never intended to be a GTA alternative with trucks. The intention is and always will be simulation. Many features and functionalities in regards to that are planned to make the online trucking experience even more immersive, but things need time to be developed properly. Keep in mind that a huge amount of development time goes into updating current code due to frequent patches from SCS.

Since we are no GTA alternative, all our servers have rules. However, we created the freeroam server as some sort of compromis for those that want to have a bit of a do-whatever-you-want feeling. As can be seen in our rules, certain rules do no apply on this server."

If you wish to find this post? Look here. 

Tara. 

You think limiting the speed will prevent accidents and players ramming into each other? No, exactly. lol. Do you NOT see that these ramming kiddos and basically all the crashing players are just bad at driving? They would crash into others whether you limit the speed to 50 or not. It doesnt prevent anything or help in any matter, its just annoying for us, normal players that actually drive how theyre supposed to. We should be allowed to use the entire potential of the engine running in our vehicles and not be restricted by this stupid rule because of players that cant drive. And for the second time; it wont help. Its just the way they play the game. Recklessly without following any of the traffic rules.

Also, for those that want it to be limited, THERE IS THE EU1 SERVER that yall can play on and have a great time.

3 hours ago, sky420 said:

You think limiting the speed will prevent accidents and players ramming into each other? No, exactly. lol. Do you NOT see that these ramming kiddos and basically all the crashing players are just bad at driving? They would crash into others whether you limit the speed to 50 or not. It doesnt prevent anything or help in any matter, its just annoying for us, normal players that actually drive how theyre supposed to. We should be allowed to use the entire potential of the engine running in our vehicles and not be restricted by this stupid rule because of players that cant drive. And for the second time; it wont help. Its just the way they play the game. Recklessly without following any of the traffic rules.

Also, for those that want it to be limited, THERE IS THE EU1 SERVER that yall can play on and have a great time.

complaining about a 93 mph max speed limiter in a game that said it is trying to be more of a simulator with friends. I would have you look at what I bolded underlined in red. if you want to go with exactly what I highlighted in your exact post. there shouldn't be anything other then EU 1. seeing as how most EU countries have a max speed limit between 50 and 56 mph for trucks. you should be happy that they didn't limit all servers to 55 mph. would that be an over kill, to me personally for ETS not one bit however for others, yes this would be way over kill. is it funny to watch all this complaining most definitely seeing as how this isn't ETRS or ATRS but ETS and ATS

Hi,

I think it is a good idea to do this. I think this is nessecary because many accidents were caused on high speed. Also the small scout cars when they are driving 200km/h it is very dangerous for othetones. And if someone is driving 150 km/h noone can overtake him and another possible accident doesn‘t happened. It is also good that the opinion of the community wasn‘t asked because the most who loves to drive with high speed would vote for not and this is a nessecary thing to build a smooth and good traffic without any accidents, reports and bans

Best wishes 

Performanze 

On 02/04/2018 at 6:00 PM, GermanTruckerMarc said:

Ets2 is a Simulation and don’t a Race Game, so a Speed Limit (150km/h) with a Truck isn’t a Simulation.So it would be great then the speed limit is 90 km/h ! :) 

if you continue with this 150 km limiter. me and my friends and other players let's stop playing ets2. and migrate to ON THE ROAD SIMULATOR

if you continue with this 150 km limiter. me and my friends and other players let's stop playing ets2. and migrate to ON THE ROAD SIMULATOR

51 minutes ago, ADA Paulo said:

21b.jpg  I honestly wouldn't mind us going back to every ETS2 server being capped to 90 Km/h Like Real European trucks are.

4i21k0-5.png

On 05/04/2018 at 11:10 PM, Performanze said:

many accidents were caused on high speed

But how many of them are at 150+K? The vast majority of accidents I witness are at ~90-120K, while the vast majority of accidents I witnessed at 150+ were cars spontaneously flipping mid-corner, which usually didn't have any impact on anyone else. This limiter really doesn't do anything to stop the vast majority of accidents.

Idiots will drive like idiots, be it 90k or 200k.

13 hours ago, Ksf Gamer 2K (SC/BR) said:

Yes you can...

If you remove the speed limiter, yes.. But it's a simulator, remember; there are reasons why a truck has a speed limiter <_<

Well, I really like the speedlimiter. I always care about the traffic rules. When I am driving I am on a average speed of 80 kph on the highway. This speedlimiter has been avoid some accidents cause of too high speed. ETS2 / ATS are both no racing games. This is also a fact why I like the speedlimiter. If I want to do races, I can go to F1 or an other racing game, drive one or two races and then just come back. Anyway, every speed over 150 kph is just reckless my opinion

On 4/9/2018 at 12:23 AM, ADA Paulo said:

8 hours ago, baadi said:

not a great idea, it's boring to drive 150km/h

@ADA Paulo 

Go on then. But guaranteed everyone will be fed up of that behaviour on that game also. 

@baadi

So do you think it is boring to drive 60/70 mph in real life on a highway? If you think driving 93 MPH is boring because you're a complete speed freak like many others complaining about the limiter then there is Need For Speed, or Forza you can play. 

Pathetic that people are still complaining about it. Get over it already? 

Saying honestly, for me.. that was and still is a turn into the right direction. Most of all, we're not here to race with each other. Also, 150 km/h is still fast enough. Some of you say that know how to speed up as much as possible, without causing any incidents and such, but don't forget that sometimes mistakes happen, even to the best. So wouldn't you agree with that it's easier to fail while driving on higher speeds, compared to driving slower and less recklessly?

150 is still too high.  I say a 130km/h Speed Limit all across the board.  These trucks are unsafe at anything above that and the short wheelbase trucks develop snap oversteer above that.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:23 PM, ADA Paulo said:

sounds like a threat. I have a solution to your, complaining about the lack of being not being able to go faster then 93 mph, go play single player. prove to TMP you must go over 93 mph in ETS2.

here is a little song for you Na na na na, na na na, hey hey hey good bye

Archived