Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

150 Km/h update is good or not?

[BST] - Kuakata Express

150 km/h update is good for us or not?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. 150 Km/h speed limit update is good for us? or not?

• yes! its good!
    • No! I am angry! I want to leave from earth righf now :p

Hmm. Going by the OP it seems to me that you're suggesting to increase the limit to 93 MPH / 150 KMH as this would what, prevent accidents from happening? 
Bit of logic there is that you cannot prevent people from crashing into each other by increasing the speed, nor can you really do so by slowing down either because people crashing into each other will happen regardless of speed. 

My opinion is this...If you want to fly through the map like a rally or race driver then you're playing the wrong game. 

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The decision is very good. I support this decision until the end.because this is a truck simulation game.not a racing game.

(yes it's good)

I'm really hoping its part of the April Fools joke but I doubt it :( I don't think its fair and it will do noting to reduce accidents - those who could not control their trucks or cars at over 93mph won't be able to control them at 93mph either and on a busy road like C-D there will still be crashes. There are lots of people (me included) who are well able to control the trucks and cars at over 93mph and who know when you need to slow down etc, there is already a speed limited server for those who want it aswell as the option to have the speed limiter on ii other servers. Rules exist for those who are reckless and cause crashes cause they cannot control their vehicle when speeding and they can get reported and banned so speed limiting all servers seems a bit extreme.

The top speed you can reach in a truck is around 103mph ---- 106mph and I think that if the servers are limited it should be to that speed as any below that is limiting something from the base game :(

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Definitely a bad decision. Doesn't matter if a bad driver is going 150 km/h or 180 km/h. He/she is still going to cause accidents. Now overtaking is a pain, and I get in more accidents because of desync because we are all moving at the same top speed. Like many others I want the limiter removed. If people don't want fast trucks, play on server 1. 

the limiter should be taken off becuase today when I hopped on mp and started driving I saw that I can't go over 150km/h, at first I thought something was wrong with my gearing but then I see others having it too so then I got pissed off and it almost made me wanna delete tmp and I don't think I'm gonna play mp in the near future becuase of that.

the limit of 93 mph max speed on non limiter servers, for the near future, isn't going to be removed. there have been several suggestions posted and rejected. one of the game managers posted in the first post about why and saying they will stand firm on the decision of keeping the 93 mph max speed limit.

both of these were rejected, by the TMP.

as for your comment @Sprinter318 [BY-4] if 93 mph is not fast enough for you that you are getting mad and want to delete TMP. I personally wont stop you. will it be a loss to the community? yes it will but you do have to realise that the GMs and Devs are trying to find a way to reduce the amount of reports being put in due to reckless driving, ramming and trolling. if lowering the max speed to 93 mph helps with that, then it is the right decision.

The thing is that it isn't so much the speed that is the issue, it is how the drivers handle their vehicles when going at high speeds especially around bends, junctions etc. 

If some of the people playing the game were not driving like complete lunatics then there wouldn't be so much of an issue, players need to start driving to the speed limit and not treat the game like a racing simulator. 

Of course, it is a good decision, but the people who add to the truckbook really affect us, we make trips of up to 4000 km and it is annoying to be slow, obviously not all of us are crashing there, in my case I always take care before all. ..

For the rest I agree so many accidents will be reduced: D

a server without limiter would be good.  :P

It was not funny on April Fools. Now this is sad...

I know that lot of you willing to play realistic. But don't be selfish. Leave at least one server. i.e EU4 before you will kill the MP.
Lot of my VTC players moved to SP now...

8 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

the GMs and Devs are trying to find a way to reduce the amount of reports being put in due to reckless driving, ramming and trolling. if lowering the max speed to 93 mph helps with that, then it is the right decision.

All trolling, ramming and reclress driving i've had was at slower speeds. Over 170 trolls can't reach you.

@[TPL] Bialy

that maybe for you, however I have seen people going well over 100 mph when they passed me, and a min or 2 later when I pass them they are either laying on their side, stuck over a guard rail, or flying in the air due to them hitting an over pass support. all of which is part of reckless driving. and to top it off I have seen people who don't understand that while in the UK you drive on the left side of the road, not the right side, and they were doing well over 100 mph. so capping the speed at 93 mph is fine. the max limit of 93 mph on all non limited servers is caused by the few people who feel that ETS and ATS should be renamed ETRS and ATRS. if you are wondering what the R stands for it is Racing. I'm sorry that your VTC members have moved to SP due to the fact that they cant go faster then 93 mph. but this is ultimately a good solution to a problem the GM and the Devs have atm. if you and others want to find a better way to fix the people who caused the GMs and Devs to go with this solution, be my guest. the problem wont go away over night and this is only a small solution.

My opinion about the 150 km/h

I think that's a very good idea, so fewer accidents can happen.

Especially in EU 2 between Calais and Duisburg or Rotterdam to Calais. 

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German

Archived