Car Modification Guide (Wheels and Paint-jobs)

Forerunner

I can't make it to work. The game starts fine and everything, even the car shows in the dealership I chose (volvo) but I see the car with the stock wheels and when I want to change them I see no other options other than the truck wheels and scout_18in (stock wheels).

I've tried with the volvo_8.sii def in my custom .scs and in the skoda_car.scs but no results, in my custom .scs I see the car in the dealership but I don't see the custom wheels and in the skoda_car.scs I don't see the car in the dealership.

I have a screenshot of the comand line of the game showing some errors (only when the custom volvo8.sii is inside skoda_car.scs)

When I have the custom scs file and both scs files from the trucksersmp folder I don't get any errors or warnings but still doesn't work.

photo_2018-06-22_03-57-43.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, loque said:
Spoiler

I can't make it to work. The game starts fine and everything, even the car shows in the dealership I chose (volvo) but I see the car with the stock wheels and when I want to change them I see no other options other than the truck wheels and scout_18in (stock wheels).

I've tried with the volvo_8.sii def in my custom .scs and in the skoda_car.scs but no results, in my custom .scs I see the car in the dealership but I don't see the custom wheels and in the skoda_car.scs I don't see the car in the dealership.

I have a screenshot of the comand line of the game showing some errors (only when the custom volvo8.sii is inside skoda_car.scs)

When I have the custom scs file and both scs files from the trucksersmp folder I don't get any errors or warnings but still doesn't work.

I could try to help you,but I don't know. :

1) the Purpose of your modification (what you wanted to do)
2) What did you do (step by step) to get the result

2 hours ago, Nellensia said:

I could try to help you,but I don't know. :

1) the Purpose of your modification (what you wanted to do)
2) What did you do (step by step) to get the result

I want to put the police lamborghini huracan ai wheels, no custom paint jobs.

What i did was:

- Copy both skoda_car.mp and sh_skoda_car.mp to /Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod/

- Remove the .mp extension on both files and replace it with .scs
- Create a folder called "CustomCar" and inside make a folder called def and inside a folder called vehicle, inside another folder called truck_dealer, other folder called volvo and then I extracted volvo_8.sii from skoda_car.scs onto that folder.
-  Then I removed every part following the guide and replaced the data_path of vehicle_wheel_accessory : _nameless.ftire { with data_path: "/def/vehicle/ai_wheel/huracan_front.sii" and vehicle_wheel_accessory : _nameless.rtire { with  data_path: "/def/vehicle/ai_wheel/huracan_rear.sii" then saved the .sii file and compressed everything into a zip file and then renamed it to CustomCar.scs
- Then in-game I enabled the 3 mods and I didn't see the wheels.

Also tried replacing stock volvo_8.sii from skoda_car.scs with my modified volvo_8.sii but then I didn't see the car in the dealership either.

3 hours ago, loque said:
Spoiler

I want to put the police lamborghini huracan ai wheels, no custom paint jobs.

What i did was:

- Copy both skoda_car.mp and sh_skoda_car.mp to /Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod/

- Remove the .mp extension on both files and replace it with .scs
- Create a folder called "CustomCar" and inside make a folder called def and inside a folder called vehicle, inside another folder called truck_dealer, other folder called volvo and then I extracted volvo_8.sii from skoda_car.scs onto that folder.
-  Then I removed every part following the guide and replaced the data_path of vehicle_wheel_accessory : _nameless.ftire { with data_path: "/def/vehicle/ai_wheel/huracan_front.sii" and vehicle_wheel_accessory : _nameless.rtire { with  data_path: "/def/vehicle/ai_wheel/huracan_rear.sii" then saved the .sii file and compressed everything into a zip file and then renamed it to CustomCar.scs
- Then in-game I enabled the 3 mods and I didn't see the wheels.

The first thing I will do is to warn you that I am using a translator,so that there may be shortcomings in terms of the interpretation of my actions and the editing of your actions by me..
And ..so we proceed...

The first thing you should pay attention to your photo - the following error content "_nameless.fdisk"
You probably left the "tails" and did not remove all the extra details of the game wheels (tire, hub, nuts, disc) ...some further complaints of the console also arose because of these "tails", and perhaps the whole problem is in this " tail" :)

And more..if I understood correctly, such folders as :
vehicle 
name_truck_dealer
and <truck brand>

These folders do not need to be created,they are already present in the archive "skoda_car"

In the "vehicle" folder, should be: 
file " car_wheels_conflicts.sui"

folder "truck_dealer" (its contents \truck_dealer\volvo\volvo_8.sii)

folder " truck" 
(its contents \truck \ skoda.superb\chassis \ chassis_incompatible.sui)

"truck_dealer_uk" folder (if you want your car to be at a dealer in the UK, its contents are identical, as well as the "truck_dealer" folder")

Check your volvo_8 file.sii on the absence of"tails", if the problem is not detected you,attach it to the message.I'll check.
News 

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Nellensia said:

The first thing I will do is to warn you that I am using a translator,so that there may be shortcomings in terms of the interpretation of my actions and the editing of your actions by me..
And ..so we proceed...

The first thing you should pay attention to your photo - the following error content "_nameless.fdisk"
You probably left the "tails" and did not remove all the extra details of the game wheels (tire, hub, nuts, disc) ...some further complaints of the console also arose because of these "tails", and perhaps the whole problem is in this " tail" :)

And more..if I understood correctly, such folders as :
vehicle 
name_truck_dealer
and <truck brand>

These folders do not need to be created,they are already present in the archive "skoda_car"

In the "vehicle" folder, should be: 
file " car_wheels_conflicts.sui"

folder "truck_dealer" (its contents \truck_dealer\volvo\volvo_8.sii)

folder " truck" 
(its contents \truck \ skoda.superb\chassis \ chassis_incompatible.sui)

"truck_dealer_uk" folder (if you want your car to be at a dealer in the UK, its contents are identical, as well as the "truck_dealer" folder")

Check your volvo_8 file.sii on the absence of"tails", if the problem is not detected you,attach it to the message.I'll check.
News 

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know what you mean about "tails" I don't have that word even on the original file.

10 hours ago, Ksf Gamer 2K (SC/BR) said:

is this banable?

if you are still unsure I recommend contacting feedback here: "https://truckersmp.com/feedback"

I discussed the topic about how to customize car wheels with TruckersMP Community Manager.

And I am obliged to inform and to you that the use at the moment of modification of the wheels of the car is undesirable,and if the modoified car will be seen with modified wheels ,the player who controls this car ,may be punished ,because the modification,which is not fully functioning,leads to confusion on the road .

So, treat with understanding to the TruckersMP community, do not use this modification on a permanent basis of time.

8 hours ago, Nellensia said:

if you are still unsure I recommend contacting feedback here: "https://truckersmp.com/feedback"

I discussed the topic about how to customize car wheels with TruckersMP Community Manager.

And I am obliged to inform and to you that the use at the moment of modification of the wheels of the car is undesirable,and if the modoified car will be seen with modified wheels ,the player who controls this car ,may be punished ,because the modification,which is not fully functioning,leads to confusion on the road .

So, treat with understanding to the TruckersMP community, do not use this modification on a permanent basis of time.

But its allowed on the 3.3 rule right?

When these wheels are synchronised, it will be officially supported to modify them. Until then, it is just 'tolerated' so to say.
So while it is allowed to use other wheels for the car, we prefer that you do not do that as it will necessarily lead to more confusion than good.

Community Manager Anriandor

PS 

In simple words-you decide to use a modification or not.

It's just respect for :
administrator
game moderator
and to everyone else who keeps order on the roads TruckersMP

Kind regards, Nell

21 hours ago, Nellensia said:

The guide says "Removing unnecessary parts..." 
you didn't delete all the details because the console is swearing at the remaining part and the game doesn't know what to do with it.
this detail is called " _nameless.fdisk""

in other words - check volvo_8.sii, for "fdisk", if you find it,delete it

I found a line with "_nameless.fdisk" and I deleted it but still doesn't work. Now the console doesn't say anything. I don't know what happens. 

22 hours ago, Nellensia said:

loque
the parameter was not added or removed "accessories[]: _nameless.rtire"
I returned the accessory, the file is fully working.
Picture below in confirmation :)

volvo_8.sii

20180627003153_1.jpg

Now I see the wheels. Something weird is going on, in my primary profile with 80%~ map discovered I don't see the car with the new wheels in the dealership but in my secondary profile where I test mods I see the wheels. By the way, I want to change the color of the car and it seems that I can't.

20 minutes ago, loque said:

Now I see the wheels. Something weird is going on, in my primary profile with 80%~ map discovered I don't see the car with the new wheels in the dealership but in my secondary profile where I test mods I see the wheels. By the way, I want to change the color of the car and it seems that I can't.

Hi, you can indeed change the color of the car. You have to edit the line where it says "color7.sii", in the paintjob section  By putting another value than 7, it changes color. 

🚚 Former Driver at Red Line Cargo 🚚

mzEdwA2.png

2 hours ago, loque said:

Profile, which does not see the new wheels, may not be included mod on cars

Colors...16 elements of painting, choose any of the 16, replace only the file name.(The path to the file must remain the same!) 
PS police painting is not allowed.

I warn you, for the use of this modification, in particular, changing the wheels of cars, game moderators will not say "thank you"!

1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks for the information.:thisisfine:

TMP HISTORYᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ᴠᴇᴛᴇʀᴀɴ VI                                  

Driver Since 10 Apr 2015    

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 7:58 PM, Encrypted_Data0 said:

Hey guys, has anybody here save edited a custom paintjob on a car yet? I would really like to see examples of it so I can get inspiration for what I make.

Hi, I've tried to save edit a truck paintjob for the Skoda the other day and it kinda works. Most skins are messed up when applied (the most fitting one is the 2 stripes one) but it doesn't work in MP, it just kicks you out of the server saying that you have a non-car accessory on your vehicle. Hope this was helpful. :)

mzEdwA2.png

11 hours ago, Falco [ITA] said:

Hi, I've tried to save edit a truck paintjob for the Skoda the other day and it kinda works. Most skins are messed up when applied (the most fitting one is the 2 stripes one) but it doesn't work in MP, it just kicks you out of the server saying that you have a non-car accessory on your vehicle. Hope this was helpful. :)

Do you have examples?

"one day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" 

YkVNx7p.png

2 hours ago, Encrypted_Data0 said:

Do you have examples?

Hi, as you can see the "Grand Tour" skin works good but with a different one, not so much. I've only tried the Scania S 2016 ones on the Skoda but you are free to try the skins from other trucks, maybe they work better. 
If you want to try it for yourself, you have to replace the line in the "game.sii" file (see pic below) 

https://imgur.com/a/RP5RTLw

Skin.PNG

mzEdwA2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived