Forerunner

Car Modification Guide (Wheels and Paint-jobs)

@ELRICOFATAL

On 3/31/2018 at 11:27 PM, Forerunner said:

These currently do not work properly in multiplayer, so please do not take these into multiplayer until after a client update has been released.

^ from the main post

Guest ????? oy??d?

Thank You

Guest Osman "Ugurhan" Ozdemir

Hey ;

i dont find in game folder ?

Guest [No][Tr]Sgt.Prinsesse Av

Well thx for the information :)It was good to know

Hello @Forerunner

Thank you for this tutorial, it is working fine. Crashes like @Tesla Semi Truck is suffering also happened to me, but I just had to remake the "CustomCarMod" .sii file from scratch (the .sii inside "<modname>", I called it "SkodaMOD". No save corrupting at all =)

Now I'm just 'playing' with the defs to see what is the coolest wheels and paint job. I still didn't understand exactly how to change paint job color manually, but I'll get there, it's just a matter of keep trying.

I would like to ask you to link similar tutorials here, I searched them but I couldn't find. I am trying to put some accessories on the car, pilot beacons and things like that; you said it is possible, but, as I said, I could not find.

I know you're working on more in-game customization for the car, and maybe you're almost done with the new content, but I would like to learn more about defs and save editing, so if you can link these tutorials, or at least give the keywords for searching, I'll be grateful!

P.S.: Is there any easy way to see the AI wheels before installing them? I tried to open them on Blender, but the ONLY parts that are not loaded are the wheels... I should imagine. Well, I had to spend some time watching the in-game traffic in order to choose some nice wheels, but it's also a little complicated once only a few defs have their cars' names...

Thanks again for the help!

EDIT: I found this one: 

...and still having trouble with changing colors. Do I have to put it like this:

"

vehicle_paint_job_accessory : _nameless.skoda.paint {
 mask_r_color: (1, 0, 0)
 mask_g_color: (0, 1, 0)
 mask_b_color: (0, 0, 1)
 base_color: (0.0666, 0.162, 0.1247)

edited_r 0.6275

edited_g 0.0

edited_b 0.0003
 wear: 0
 data_path: "/def/vehicle/truck/skoda.superb/paint_job/color7.sii"
}

???

@AimNot those tires from rules list are so handsome for scout though, i wanted to make them as tires for scout but still cant get it to work... can you help me out for those tires? we can try diffrent set of tires faster if you'd like

On 11/06/2018 at 9:15 PM, Tesla Semi Truck said:

@AimNot those tires from rules list are so handsome for scout though, i wanted to make them as tires for scout but still cant get it to work... can you help me out for those tires? we can try diffrent set of tires faster if you'd like

Sure, I'm making a guide with pictures of all those defs of AI wheels, when it's done I'll post a link here. Feel free to help. Message me if you want.

7 hours ago, Falco [ITA] said:

I tried this guide and to other players, my tires are like the truck ones. How can I fix this?

Maybe you did not remove all the disc, hub, nuts stuff. And just to remember, you cannot open the car on Truck Configurator, no matter what happens. The only thing you can is to fix it.

18 minutes ago, AimNot said:

Maybe you did not remove all the disc, hub, nuts stuff. And just to remember, you cannot open the car on Truck Configurator, no matter what happens. The only thing you can is to fix it.

Hi, I've just checked and I indeed removed all the unnecessary stuff from the file, which is in the attachments below. I didn't try to open the car on Truck Configurator so.. no problems there.
I've encountered a "bug" though. When you click visit dealer the car is ok with the modded wheels but then, you click customize truck, it goes in the shop but it has big truck wheels (IMAGE) and there is no way to change them.

Thank you, have a good one.

daf_8.sii

On 13.06.2018 at 9:12 PM, AimNot said:

Sure, I'm making a guide with pictures of all those defs of AI wheels, when it's done I'll post a link here. Feel free to help. Message me if you want.

Spoiler

4BB5D7052FCC6581EFFD71A41D9E6CA6DF6B7F52
PIC 1

this is how I see my car (Pic1)

And see of my car the other players (PIC 2)

Spoiler

PIC 2 (as an example)
https://imgur.com/xKkcK8f

It's just my thoughts...
It seems the server has no data on AI cars ,this all the wheels are replaced by the wheels of trucks....
and if so,how would we not tried - it will not work until the files AI cars do not return to the server..

and that's why 

Forerunner said:

These currently do not work properly in multiplayer, so please do not take these into multiplayer until after a client update has been released.

maybe I'm wrong about that...I hope so. ))

Oh Yes, I apologize for my English-mostly I use a translator )

• Upvote 1