Huge Freeze Screens Ingame

Player621

Question

Hello,

Mod Version: 0.2.2.2.2
Controllers Used: Keyboard (Corsair Strafe RGB) & Mouse (Roccat Tyon)
Description of Issue: I have massive Ingame Lags which can be broken down to Truckersmp, cause its not happening in single player or other games
How to reproduce: Load the game, move the curser and u find urself in occasional freezes every few seconds / drive around and get a freeze screen every few seconds
Screenshots / Videos: Video from TheBig / That its already in the login screen  /// The bug ingame (from myself)

What I tried to fix the issue myself:

- Uninstall AMD GPU Drivers

- Disable DVR

- Update AMD-Drivers

- Reinstall truckersmp including new config set (deleted C:\Users\$USER\Documents\ETS2MP)
- Deletet the Regedit 

- Logitech Gaming Software Updated

- Remove G430 just to cut out some USB Controller related issues.

- Playing around with process monitor to see what happens during the lags. But the game just freezes and the system just does rather nothing than doing anything but thats subjective guess.

- Checked GPU-Z, CPU-Z, CrystalDiskInfo, MSI Afterburner and nothing special was shown.

- Started the game in DirectX Mode, OpenGL and Savemode

- Started the launcher as a admin

- Used low to ultra graphic settings

(maybe I forgot something, I did everything mentioned in the other thread).

My setup:

- Intel 4790k (Intel)

- Asus R9 290x DirectCUII

- 16 GB Corsair Vengance 2133

- Seagate 2TB SSHD

- Samsung 850Pro 128Gb (with windows)

- Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Ver. 1709 Build 16299.309 (all updates included)

In every other game (aswell in the singleplayer) there are no problems.

Last time I played ETS MP (March 2017) I had no problems in over 100h in two weeks. 
Im not alone with this problem, so my guess is that its a problem with the actual TMP build.

I hope that the problem can be fixed soon!

Cheers, Niko.

Edited by RoccatPlay

6 answers to this question

Moved to help.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

April update: 

- Both MP games. 

- Patch Version 0.2.2.3.0. 

- Begins the moment you start the game with the TMP client. Continues in actual gameplay as well. So problem persists with and without logging in. 

- Basically an occuring lag spike on our screens. To other players, it could be a devastating rubber-banding of ourselves or a minor pushback which may or may not be seen from time to time.

You may watch the videos and watch the Steam FPS counter as well (top left hand corner)

Time period of occurring spikes you may rely on my video recorded today after updating the TMP client - Roughly about 15-16 seconds based on my counting. 

- No other programs were active at the point of recording, only Steam, the game and GeForce Experience used to record. 

ETS2MP:

Spoiler

ATSMP: 

Spoiler

ATS / ETS2 / GTA5 / GTA5Online / Guild Wars 2 - Completely smooth gameplays even at high/ultra settings with actual gameplay(s) involved. 

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Hello :)

Follow these guides:

Solution 1:

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" http://prntscr.com/i96kvu
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit) http://prntscr.com/i96l3x Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Also try to reinstall TruckersMP.

Go to '%programdata%' (http://prntscr.com/i96omv) and delete the folder 'TruckersMP'. After that uninstall TruckersMP and download the MOD again. https://truckersmp.com/download -> Launch the installer as admin

Solution 2:

• Update your graphic card driver.
  • Take care not to play in busy areas.
  • Pull down your graphics settings.
  • You maybe need a new profile,delete old and get a new one.
  • Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correct in directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)
  • Don't use unsupported mods.Also too many mods can cause your game to crash.You can find supported and allowed mod from here.
  • Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)
  • That's may be caused by missing game file.Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.
  • Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.
  • If it didn't work,don't hesitate send support ticket. https://support.truckersmp.com/

Also read these topics, they may help you

Spoiler