Event server Rules and Requirements need sorting

EHHVTC Founder l Gamer5

Hello, 

This post is to address a recent problem that has come to many people attention. Event Server requirements and rules for event servers. 

Recently these were changed, for what reason? So far the only explanation i can come across is to make it more difficult to get the event server, which in my eyes is fine. Many people were getting the event server, so by making it harder only the bigger events would need it. I have no problems with the requirements being changed but the rules for the event server.... no, they shouldn't have been change.

Link for new event server rules and forum post requirements: 

Now why does this all matter? 
Well... by changing these rules can make organising and planning events a little more awkward. Now some of you may say "So what, why does it matter". The rules we had before were fine, everything worked and we felt as if we had the support for the event. Where as now it seems as if we are being pushed to stop holding such events. Police car privileges being removed, ok.... ye thats fine we can work around that. However, one rule has supposedly been changed but without any post or announcement whatsoever. Event staff blocking roads to manage the convoy. This is a extremely useful rule to have as it stops the convoy going the wrong way, splitting in half, whatever you want to call it. It makes everything a lot easier to run.  
Here is a game manager saying that event staff cannot block roads as well as saying that this has been a rule for a while. 
http://prntscr.com/iy4sxv 
Here is my event server request temp rules just weeks before. (The rules change would fit in this timeline) 

http://prntscr.com/iy4tu0 
I sent these screenshots to help out another event management staff for an upcoming event to prove that this rule was not enforced in this timeline (As it isn't a rule whatsoever) 
In response to them sending these screenshots they got this in reply. 

https://prnt.sc/ixudxy
And edited temp rule form/ note. Whatever you want to call it. As you can see they aren't the same rules. 
As you can see in the second screenshot blocking roads wasn't a problem, so why is it now? 

How this all looks to me. 
To me this looks like TMP are trying to stop events that require event servers. They say they want to interact with the community Quote " We believe that interacting with our community and showcasing what our community can do and say is a great thing!" End quote This is where they said it: https://prnt.sc/iy3nl0

So why are you making things harder and harder for people like me and other event founders/ organisers to do these events that interact with your community. It now seems as if you only what the "Official" TruckersMP events to be run. By getting rid of our events does it make your better? Even more popular? It certainly starting to look like that's what you are doing. 

This is all i have to say about this. I apologise that this had to be done, but via private messages to TMP staff it really doesn't seem as if anything is being sorted.  I hope that this post reaches the right people as well as the community to get this sorted. 

(If this post is to be deleted it just shows that nothing will change) 

I do agree that the “Blocking roads by CC/authorised people” rule is a good idea as it keeps the convoy organised and along the correct route, but only if it’s not in a populated or public server. It does seem a bit strange not allowing that anymore as has been for the past years of being in MP.

However it might be because there are different managers handling requests and there may be a lack in communication (Due to the now separate temp rules and event server requests), so this probably needs improving a bit in terms of communication and ease of getting both sorted, so this procedure should be streamlined into one feedback request rather than 2 separate requests (One for rules, one for server)

3 minutes ago, heyhococo said:

I do agree that the “Blocking roads by CC/authorised people” rule is a good idea as it keeps the convoy organised and along the correct route, but only if it’s not in a populated or public server. It does seem a bit strange not allowing that anymore as has been for the past years of being in MP.

However it might be because there are different managers handling requests and there may be a lack in communication (Due to the now separate temp rules and event server requests), so this probably needs improving a bit in terms of communication and ease of getting both sorted, so this procedure should be streamlined into one feedback request rather than 2 separate requests (One for rules, one for server)

Indeed so, but as this is only for Event servers public servers don't come into this. As for it being a populated, well if its the event server being populated thats the point of CC blocking. 

I probably didn’t word my reply right :P (I’m tired right now ;))

Basically I’m suggesting that if you’ve got an event server already organised by one game manager, then another game manager handles your temp rules request, they may not see that you’ve already got an event server and they’d just handle your temp rules request as if you’re just planning on using a public server. It probably doesn’t work like this at all, just a thought.

I can see what you're trying to get at and although I do agree, I can see why the rule is now being enforced again on all servers.

There's nothing directly distinguishing you into a specific server, so, if a player was to report you for blocking on the website, an admin would be clueless as to which server it was on and thus ban you. Having operated in events throughout the past two years, I've seen plenty of instances of this.

Whereas, if the rules are enforced globally amongst every server (whether an event server or not), admins don't have to worry about banning those permitted to do so.

It's also worth mentioning the fact that members of the TruckersMP event team have been officially declared a-part of the team, and no longer have to worry about being banned by mistake.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

^ The point that I was trying to make was the fact that the implication is there to show that maybe players were allowed to block during events along with event staff as they were classed as players and not a part of the team. Since the event team rank has made it into the TruckersMP team, the exception for players has since been removed.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

I feel like TMP have a lot on their plate. As a VTC owner, it has become increasingly hard to apply for servers, and I feel this is as a result of the overload. Last time we applied for a server, it wasn't until an hour before the event we were notified that we would not get the server.

So what should be done? I think TMP need to re-think the server and event applications, as there is an ever-increasing number of people wanting to run their own events, and making this harder is suppressing this.

However, I am very greatful for the work TMP do for us all, and in no way am I complaining or moaning about them.

My honest opinion. It should be reverted to how it was when the first event server was provided.  In order for me to get it, I had to operate Haulage 64 for a year and prove that it was worth a server. I was also given the privilege of admin with 3 key rules which were:

You are allowed on YOUR event server ONLY while the permissions are active.

You may ONLY ban for legitimate reasons that are listed in either TMP Rules or Published Event Rules,

You may ONLY ban for periods not exceeding the published event end time. (any ban length that require extension must be passed to CM/PM)

of course that last rule would now probably be game manager or something

These rules were NEVER broken by either myself, nor McGamer, however the MP team make out that somehow we did, which is partly why you guys are no longer allowed them.

Regardless though, an event should have proven popularity before even being allowed to apply for a server, it was easier on the mp team, it was easier to understand the requirements, and with the above rules; it was easier for the organizer to manage their event.

As the rules currently stand, My team and I at Haulage 64 must spend our 8 - 10 months planning what promises to be a great event, only to watch it fall apart on the day because game moderators are "too busy" or "can't be arsed" or "i'm tired" (to name just a few excuses I've been given in the past)

There is no denying that Haulage 64 will forever be the grandfather of major public charity events in this community, but with the way things are going with these rules and requirements, it's now seen by truckersmp to be "just another event" instead of a significant milestone/cornerstone of the community. This, in mine and a number of other peoples opinion is an outrageous display of disrespect, and ignorance on behalf of our fearless leaders.

Events like Haulage 64, Children in Need, Smokey Paws and Drive 4 Life are all fantastic charity events, and there are many more, but the TruckersMP team seem to be either oblivious or blind to what their community have actually achieved. Lets help them understand by actually showing them. This link displays what we as a community have achieved since 2015, it clearly shows that together, we can be incredibly powerful. https://goo.gl/ymEsRd

To sum up, there are considerations that this year may be Haulage 64's last year on TruckersMP servers. 

| SCS Beta Tester | Haulage 64 Founder |

Game Rules | Report a Player | Submit a Ticket | Ask for Help

Ex-Support Staff TMP

!! Member Since Day 1 !!

TBH this is stupid it's are servers we're asking for yeah we break the rules on blocking the road. But not like we're stopping to go a different way as if they wanted to do that there on the wrong server anyway. Also with the police cars yeah for for TMP MODS but it does help alot when event staff use them even if there was a way we give TMP a list of people to use the police cars and if there not on the list they get kicked like we would in another server.  

ENJOY THE GAME 

Hello :)

In my opinion, I agree with opinion "Event Staff/CC Team can block road where needed". Why ? Because It helps people get on the right track and feel comfortable joining the convoy. And when you have asked to open a server, it's a server for big and special convoys so "CC Team can block road is an indispensable job."

About Police car. I think it should need to convoy really big and necessary (250+ participant). For example, many players take advantage when the server can run the police car to turn on the horn and run around map but nothing to do.

12 hours ago, .::Cheetah::. said:

My honest opinion. It should be reverted to how it was when the first event server was provided.  In order for me to get it, I had to operate Haulage 64 for a year and prove that it was worth a server. I was also given the privilege of admin with 3 key rules which were:

You are allowed on YOUR event server ONLY while the permissions are active.

You may ONLY ban for legitimate reasons that are listed in either TMP Rules or Published Event Rules,

You may ONLY ban for periods not exceeding the published event end time. (any ban length that require extension must be passed to CM/PM)

of course that last rule would now probably be game manager or something

These rules were NEVER broken by either myself, nor McGamer, however the MP team make out that somehow we did, which is partly why you guys are no longer allowed them.

Regardless though, an event should have proven popularity before even being allowed to apply for a server, it was easier on the mp team, it was easier to understand the requirements, and with the above rules; it was easier for the organizer to manage their event.

As the rules currently stand, My team and I at Haulage 64 must spend our 8 - 10 months planning what promises to be a great event, only to watch it fall apart on the day because game moderators are "too busy" or "can't be arsed" or "i'm tired" (to name just a few excuses I've been given in the past)

There is no denying that Haulage 64 will forever be the grandfather of major public charity events in this community, but with the way things are going with these rules and requirements, it's now seen by truckersmp to be "just another event" instead of a significant milestone/cornerstone of the community. This, in mine and a number of other peoples opinion is an outrageous display of disrespect, and ignorance on behalf of our fearless leaders.

Events like Haulage 64, Children in Need, Smokey Paws and Drive 4 Life are all fantastic charity events, and there are many more, but the TruckersMP team seem to be either oblivious or blind to what their community have actually achieved. Lets help them understand by actually showing them. This link displays what we as a community have achieved since 2015, it clearly shows that together, we can be incredibly powerful. https://goo.gl/ymEsRd

To sum up, there are considerations that this year may be Haulage 64's last year on TruckersMP servers. 

Just going to remind you that all staff members are volunteers who work in their free time, if they have other things to do then they are in their right to say so. You can't exactly expect that somebody who volunteers makes time free just for your event, next to the other work which has to be done - so please respect that.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

Requirements for event servers have been defined more strictly since we've seen an increasing amount of servers set up on request for only a very small amount of attendants (20-30 or less).

Seperate servers are meant to be used to divert a heavy load of traffic for an event away from the main servers so that other players are not impacted by performance spikes because of that event. An event with few pplayers attending can be organised perfectly without significant impact on our main servers, as can be seen by many player and VTC organised convoys (of which some get a good amount of players attending) that go by without other players having issues.

To avoid event servers being abused outside of there intended use the decision was made to make the requirements more strict and to add some extra rules.

Because the requirements for event servers were changed, the requirements for having a temporary ruleset accepted for the events were also updated and as a final change the requirements for recognition as a major event were also updated to be aligned with the temporary ruleset requirements.

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

On 30/03/2018 at 9:47 PM, Prime said:

Requirements for event servers have been defined more strictly since we've seen an increasing amount of servers set up on request for only a very small amount of attendants (20-30 or less).

Seperate servers are meant to be used to divert a heavy load of traffic for an event away from the main servers so that other players are not impacted by performance spikes because of that event. An event with few pplayers attending can be organised perfectly without significant impact on our main servers, as can be seen by many player and VTC organised convoys (of which some get a good amount of players attending) that go by without other players having issues.

To avoid event servers being abused outside of there intended use the decision was made to make the requirements more strict and to add some extra rules.

Because the requirements for event servers were changed, the requirements for having a temporary ruleset accepted for the events were also updated and as a final change the requirements for recognition as a major event were also updated to be aligned with the temporary ruleset requirements.

One problem with this though no one who does events can be 100% sure how many are going to turn up until the day of the event. As anyone can say there going then not show up so it now makes it impossible to get a server. So this is going to back fire on a lot of events out there.

ENJOY THE GAME 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived