Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Yet another speed related question

BlackriderUK

Question

Ok i have seen loads of speed related questions before however they have been vague so here is mine with more detail , So im driving my Volvo FH16 Globetrotter (pic below for axel count) she has the 750 engine with the 12 speed ASO gearbox (real automatic gearbox because im playing with a xbox controller) limiter is off , cruising at a steady 92mph (about 148kph , give or take as i used google conversion) Trailer is 1t cut flowers , Guy behind me is struggling to keep up (he is driving a white Scania) , then all of a sudden he opens up a and passes me (from 600 behind me ) like i am stood still, My question is how the hell , am i wrong in my gear setup or is this guy using some sort of speed hack , I look forward to all your replies.

So to summarise my question , guy behind me (from 600 away) comes up to me and passes me like i am stood still (yet im travelling at 92mph), how.

All the best

Blackrider

P.S. If i have posted this in the wrong section i apologise to the mods that have to move this thread , sorry 

13 answers to this question

A lot of people edit trailer weight, they just put -5 tons and with this weight they can accelerate as fast as a guy without a trailer.
Unfortunately it is very hard to prove that the guy was using illegal -5 tons, even if admins bans them they can very easy unban themselves, i had a talk with mwl4 about this, i hope we will have a server side restriction for trailers less then 1 ton.

P.S. i bet you have a new volvo 750hp engine, this engine ir really bad because of its rev limiter (20), you should swap it for an old volvo 750hp engine with ATO3512D R transmission

With the right engine and transmission it is possible to reach above 100mph, 750hp Volvo FH16 Classic with the Scania S or MAN transmissions are both really good (can't remember the exact transmission) so that with 1t could explain it.  As you said you were going 92mph and its possible to reach 102 or 103mph (possibly a bit higher depending on the road like if theres a bit of a hill) but he might have been going 10mph faster then you. He could have also used an automatic or simple automatic as you don't need to change gears so will speed up faster.

You don't have a video of it do you?

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

@BlackriderUK Is there a slight opportunity that you got a bit of a decrease in FPS? Because in TMP your actual speed is depending on your framerate as well. If you are lagging for example and you are doing 60 mph, you will appear to move way slower an a person's screen that has more fluid FPS. Always keep this in mind. In case your didn't have the best of frames per second and the other player had a higher FPS-count, that could explain why he was able to overtake you without any issues.

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

1 hour ago, PiKHaCuTR said:

The 750 hp engine passes with 12-speed transmission and 1T load. In this direction, it can reach a maximum speed of 185 km/h.

Nope not possible. You need at least -5000 Tons to reach that speed and 185 km/h on a normal highway is not possible (maybe in scandinavia). Otherwise proof it with a Video.

OP: 1 Ton Trailer, old 750HP Volvo Engine, 12 Gears Man Transmission, 4x2 = 170/174 km/h top speed. (tried this on the c-d road)

Bear in mind that this is a Simulation Game. I don't recommend driving with such speed.

5 hours ago, BlackriderUK said:

So to summarise my question , guy behind me (from 600 away) comes up to me and passes me like i am stood still (yet im travelling at 92mph), how.

Thats nothing to them since they drive with way over 105mph. (168km/h)

kind regards

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Hi all , thank you for all your replies , i wasnt dropping any fps however the other guy did have 230ms ping when he passed me (while i had 30ms) (i travel with the players near you tab open) i have had a pm from a member telling me what transmission they use , i put it in my volvo and changed the tyres to the massive Michelin (which look ugly) and i now top out at 115mph (yeh even a bit to fast for my liking , think i will stick to my steady 92mph) , But again thank you for all your replies keep on trucking and stay safe :)

Can a mod now close this topic as there is no longer a need for it to be open.

All the best

Blackrider