Auto Kick on player on driving on the wrong side of the road/wrong way

simba23a

SUGGESTION NAME:Auto Kick on player on driving on the wrong side of the road/wrong way

Suggestion Description: Players that are driving on the wrong side of the road cause a crash

Any example images: non

Why should it be added?: I seen a lot of players driving on the wrong side which can cause a crash which made me mad  

the red texts say you are driving on the wrong side of the road go to the correct side of the road you will be kick 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bad idea as there are many people that legally go into oncoming to overtake (yes its legal in some cases). This would keep them behind a slower moving vehicle they do not wish to be behind.

Also in the UK I notice a lot of people turn into the right side of the road (myself included on occasion) by accident due to habit and quickly get over into the correct lane. Then there comes the issue of creating such a thing. you would have to take EVERY SINGLE ROAD in each game and program the centerline to tell this thing where the centerline is. Then you have to program another hitbox in the truck so they have to line the truck one with the road one to initiate the sequence

It maybe can be possible, because the game has the "Wrong Way" penalty implemented in it, where you Shouldn't be overtaking ( like corners) and going the wrong way on the highways. It might have to be implemented in such a way, that the second "Wrong Way" violation in a row within 2 minutes will automatically kick the player from the server. But this is just an idea, I don't know that is it possible to code.
So if it will work like this, It might not help on the C-D road, but may help on the highways.

If it will work like this, it is a YES for me!

• 1 month later...

Sorry, but at first its a good idea. But if you overtake, and it sometimes takes more time, you will get kicked for Wrong way driving which makes no sense at all.

On 3/24/2018 at 4:24 PM, simba23a said:

SUGGESTION NAME:Auto Kick on player on driving on the wrong side of the road/wrong way

Suggestion Description: Players that are driving on the wrong side of the road cause a crash

Any example images: non

Why should it be added?: I seen a lot of players driving on the wrong side which can cause a crash which made me mad  

the red texts say you are driving on the wrong side of the road go to the correct side of the road you will be kick 

As easy as it sounds, it's not. What if that someone is a new player driving for the first time? I agree with this feature if implemented will stop most of the accidents but at same time it's sometimes even confusing for old players at time whether it's left hand or right-hand drive and for this minor mistakes if we or players get kick it can be annoying at times, best thing I would say is just to show a pop up message which keeps appearing on player screen rather kick, since if a player is driving on purpose on wrong way he will be reported anyway, and later if proven guilty will be punished. I will partially agree with your suggestion i.e agreeing on the part where it shows the message that he/she is driving on wrong way but afaik it's already a thing in the base game, I guess it's not that required at the point, just my point of view, I can be wrong..

On 21/05/2018 at 8:49 AM, Ross! said:

Both Sided to this! 

Yes - It would be great for the trollers, who are going onto the wrong side of the road just to cause havoc in the game. 

No - As @MrBrandman said it would be a bad idea, as it would cause havoc for drivers who are legally overtaking a slow driver. 

for that reason i think it is a non starter, imagine if you have to go wrong side of road to get in or out of somewhere like Trameri, or you are making a 90 degree turn on 2 single lane roads, you have to go wrong side of the road to avoid going over the kerb with the trailer wheels.  also if you come across 3 trucks sat in a line stradling the pavement and the road because they're waiting for their convoy partner, you are if you are sensible going to pass wide and slow, being aware of on coming traffic and waiting for oncoming traffic to clear, before crossing the white line to pass them. 

Right now i would leave this as it is and if someone is coming at you on the wrong side of the road. flash them to move over, report them if they hit you

• 1 month later...

this a good idea but developer in TMP may need work their a__ off to add it. Not just kicking players just because they are in wrong way, may be we can do like this, if a player drives for one kilometer or miles the he can be kicked automatically or better 

Edited by sikstar
kicked automatically

this is a good idea though there are certain thing to consider before implementing the automation.

I have mentioned few criteria for the automated kick in the below suggestion. also i should be implemented only on highways.

33 minutes ago, Dopaa said:

We can’t overtake slow drivers?! Mate, It’s really bad idea.

Downvote

this idea is good only for highways not for two way roads, so we will be able to overtake in two way roads.

22 minutes ago, sikstar said:

this is a good idea though there are certain thing to consider before implementing the automation.

I have mentioned few criteria for the automated kick in the below suggestion. also i should be implemented only on highways.

this idea is good only for highways not for two way roads, so we will be able to overtake in two way roads.

Sounds nice, if it will be only in highways upvote from me.

76561198178929243.png

Full-Stack Web Developer

yes it can't be used in two way road or in city . atleast if introduced in highways, it will allow admins to concentrate more in two way road like CD.

Great idea but i dont see how this would work why i say that because if someone cuts you off and you end having to stop on the opposite lane (incoming traffic) you get kicked for no reason that would be annoying pluse if you are passed the lines (between lanes) it might kick you even if your tire is just a little bit over the line and you get kicked that around also be annoying you have to think about that :wesmart:

Regards,

-Arctic Wolf l Viva Trucking 

Stay happy and safe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...