Change the VTC Requirements

Drakomis

Greetings staff of the Forum,

I'd like to point out the forum post in which I am contesting and suggesting a change to is titled, "Virtual Trucking Company - Requirements". I recommend it should be the center of your attention for the duration of my post. Thank you for your patience.

Suggestion Name: 
Change the VTC Rules and/or add a subforum for new VTC's

Suggestion Description:
Suggesting a change to the rules, which are over a few years old, to encourage new upstart VTC's to contribute to the community at large and promote competition among the community and provide a way for upstart VTC's to advertise at large.

Any example images: 

None

Why should it be added?

Before I begin, I would like to firstly thank the staff and administration of this wonderful site for providing and maintaining a platform which is both fun and entertaining for folks such as myself. I realize that not all individuals come here with prior experience in the real world industry, and the rules and guidelines you provide help those with little to no knowledge become interested in continuing the call in the real world - if nothing else to gain a bit more respect for the struggle. Furthermore, the multiplayer mod in particular has brought not only myself, but undoubtedly many others enjoyment and fulfillment for years now. I am, gladly, among one of them.

Recently, I became the proud owner of Euro Truck Simulator 2 after a long struggle of my own in the real world. Needless to say, I needed a break from the road for medical reasons, and so I sought again the solace of SCS's excellent software along with your wonderful mod. I purchased ETS2 with very little expectations, but was ultimately blown away by how more mature it was than its counterpart in American Truck Simulator; for obvious reasons, of course. I decided to take the very next step and begin starting up my own Virtual Trucking Company, utilizing a site called "Virtual Trucking Manager" which provides an excellent platform for record keeping and a sense of immersion and fulfillment. It does, however, lack a critical aspect that this forum could potentially provide to an upstart VTC CEO/Driver such as myself; advertising.

Unfortunately, as the rules stand now I am unable to post that advertisement. Undoubtedly these rules, which I will respectfully note were posted in October 19, 2015, did have their reasons. Further updates to the rules signify that perhaps there was a situation with "newbies" in the virtual industry such as myself coming and inundating the specific forum with useless advertisements. I can fathom this, and respect this, however at this present time and with the new blood that could possibly be emerging I find these rules to be extremely archaic. I have no issue should this proposition be shot down to complying with them, with due respect to the poster and the forum staff themselves, but I insist as a user and upstart VTC owner that individuals such as myself be at least given an avenue to advertise our business to attract future growth. My argument centers around one specific concept; competition.

Competition is healthy. In a free market, competition moves the economy along with supply and demand for specific products and services. When a new business emerges, the first avenue they typically seek is advertising their existence. In bygone past, it was somewhat easier to get the word out depending on the avenue one took; phone books, for one example, and newspapers for another. Similarly, these forums act as an avenue that is very reminiscent of a platform that drivers would easily be able to see and review on the road. My proposition is that, at the very least to encourage further friendly competition, that a forum or subforum be established for upstart companies to advertise their companies without the requirement of a website. In such a way, you can create a tier-based system where the upstart company can at least advertise their existence, and thus once advertising continue their patronage of the services to grow towards the necessary requirement of a website for the parent forum. At the very most, a change in the rules to allow upstart companies to advertise to continue and encourage healthy competition and promote services to potential drivers.

I am not going to say which rules should not be taken and which rules should be, I feel that is best left up to the staff themselves. Already I've offered two potential suggestions and changes that could assist new players with feeling the immersion value, with interaction and contribution to the community at large. The ultimate goal of this suggestion is to not exclude the smaller companies, regardless of size and driver count. An upstart company starts with one driver, and when they're ready they want to advertise, I believe firmly that the avenue should be available to them to do so. Ultimately, the rules were set in a particular day and year and in a particular set of circumstances that I am not privy to myself. If for some reason it is more beneficial to not change them, or to not add a subforum to the parent forum, then by all means I will continue on under the old rules of the forum. I feel strongly that should change be made, those of us upstart CEO's will be given a chance to shine and promote the necessary competition that can encourage growth in the community and your wonderful virtual game.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Drakomis
All edits have been spellchecking.
  • Like 3

CEO and Owner, U.S. Trucking

Now Hiring!

• 2 months later...

We are currently working on that subject. The rules are going to change and it will be easier to new people to post in that section.

Accepted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.