What if AI traffic is added?

Batslav

It''s not a suggestion, more like a question and want to see what people think about it. (just curious)
Even on EU 2 the traffic is focused manly at one part of the map and rest feels empty which can be seen on the real time map.
So i was wondering what will happen if AI traffic is added but reduced so we can have some but not to be intense or it will cause problems.
Of course it should be on server with speed limit and need to be synchronized. Tt might make the current ghost roars more fun to drive on.

It may work it may not but what about test if it does nor require too much work of course.

Well by adding AI it looks realism but its not good to add in MP. it was suggested many times but got rejected. AI just adds load to PC hardware. Some use it to troll. Adding AI to MP is just asking for chaos and traffic jams. You might have to look at this
https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/60645-how-about-a-few-ai-traffics-in-ats-mp/&do=findComment&comment=603551

UxiKSFa.png

I talk about reduced AI which means less than what we have on single so it will not be a big problem, also i do not suggest to be added on EU2.
And why most people think about MP as it is only EU 2 server, like other does not exists? Also i am not making a suggestion, i am just looking for peoples opinion.
This is why the topic is here after all. And yes i drive on SP most of the time, because there is no fun in driving 2 hours without meeting any other drivers.

Adding AI traffic would be a task in it's self. One thing would be the performance issues has there would lots of vehicles within one area, how would players see the traffic? Would it be server side or client side? High or low density? There is so many questions that would asked and needed to be answered in regards to Aim it would also be a big project in it's self. But you never know I suppose, we will just have to wait and see what happens in the future. 

76561198154549680.png

Lots of traffic or not so much.  Even less in Viva la France territory and this is on EU2 with it's 1k people more.
Main problem is that the traffic is concentrated at west side and maybe some in Scandinavia because of doubles.
As i said servers are not limited to EU 2, rest have less people even when full so it leaves more ghost roads. Also i dont talk about normal AI traffic but one that is reduced so we can have low density and just see some vehicles here and there.
Also i never said to be added to all servers and said that if added it needs to be on speed limitted server. Maybe u need to think a little a bit on what i wrote.
Can it be implemented? How  and will it will work? This is something devs can say.
image.png.c5cec261ac1906c614047fb9defbbf8b.png

I request nothing, this is not suggestion to the devs and i am getting tired of such comments.
Either add something useful to this discussion or do not reply at all. I am just asking what people think about having some AI traffic and as i said not on all servers and with reduced density.
I know that it most likely won't be added, this is why the discussion is not in suggestions. I am asking about the idea itself, that's all.

Drakomis. MP means playing together with other people with or without AI so you are only partially right.

I understand you are not requesting it but if you are asking people to contribute to your idea that you haven't requested officially, then I do not see the point of sharing opinions on it? - Like people have said, it will not be added but I guess it's nice to think about it.

This i wanted actually, and i thought it was a bad thing it had no cars. But with more players joining i think it's better that way, thus on the realistic side, highways don't have too much traffic in real life, so i guess it's quite balanced.

One question, who would drive the AI vehicles? Your PC? Or the server? If it's your PC then it cannot work. Let's say your local MP client spawns an AI car in front of you. The MP client now has to register the location of this AI car and send it to all other players 500 meters around you. 

Now what if another player near you also spawns an AI car in the same spot as you, or on top of your AI car? how do you control that, the local copy of your ets2 has no concept of multi player, so it will spawn ai wherever it feels.

You have to ask yourself who controls the AI, your pc or the server. If it's the server then a huge AI engine would have to be coded, which in itself is a daunting task which I'm pretty sure mwl4 is not inclined to do.

Archived