Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

New players restricted to Eu4 for XXX hours

andy Suter

I agree with restricting playing servers for new TruckersMP drivers, but i also agree that having them restricted to EU4 won't fully teach them the rules of the road. Although it will give them an insight of what some drivers can be like driving wise on other severs.

Also, I think the alternative is to allow them on EU1, since this server is speed restriced, there is less chance for them to be involved in an accident and will teach them that excessive speed can and will be dangerous but will also allow them to learn the what will happen if they disobey the rules. And since EU1 is know to be used by the more Professonal drivers, they're less likely to be toxic and hateful towards the new drivers.

+1 for the special loads and milage limit.

I think for this to happen it needs to involve as little work for the admin/project teams as possible. The more things they would have to do for it to be functional then the less likely we would be of seeing it in game.

The reason I suggested Eu4 was because if I did what I did when I got banned after just a few days in game, if I did that on Eu4, it wouldn't have resulted in a ban. I would still have seen the potential accident but no real harm would have happened. As a genuine player and not a troll, I had learnt from that and drive much more defensively now. 

My view is that just because there's no collision, genuine drivers will still play as if there is. The trolls wont be interested as they can cause harm to others.

The trolls are also the reason I can only see Eu4 being appropriate. Don't forget a typical troll will have very few hours, and their sole purpose is to cause upset to others. That's what they find funny. After a while they log off and go back to their usual games or troll another game. The last thing we want to do is send all the trolls to Eu1 full simulation server! They'd have a field day with the hardcode players that take it the most seriously.

• 4 weeks later...

I think this idea could be an alternative to increasing the base required number of hours that you need to join the game.  

They can learn how to drive and react to different users, brake lag and keep distances without having any penalisation applied to them.

-1. EU4 won't teach anything to a new player.
Just like in real life, drive as fast as you can keep the vehicle under your control. If the vehicle is not under your control but you are under the control of the vehicle then you need to slow down.

On 29/4/2018 at 11:50 PM, [WTLVTC] DubStepMad said:

There can be multiple ways of doing this. 

Examples:

1. Distance measured - Making a new player reach a certain distance to achieve the calculated time instead.

2. MP making custom jobs that have to be completed to obtain the requirements to gain access to other servers.

Having said about the mouse movement, there is a few anti-afk programs (One of such I have made) that will stop you from getting kicked while afk.

You can never make a way to filter players 100% efective... but maybe using more than just 1 parameter always help a little. For example:

* X jobs done + X Km reached.

* X hours played + X jobs done

Something even more hard to make (but would be awesome to incentive the new players to know eachother) would be the chance just as you can report a player, to "THANK" a player for a nice attitude. That wouldn't make you skip your training time, but can help to reduce it to a minium limit.

-1 Shutting people out from Servers doesn't make me feel comfortable. And besides that, it could scare new people off, it's always nice to see new People around on EU2.

But I do not fully disagree, because that idea of a "punishment Server" sounds quite good to me. But let's be realistic, the very large majority of crashes are not accidents.

And btw. why would you mix the "punishment Server" with new players? How demotivating is that? "You're only allowed to play with new Players and people who get punished for doing something wrong within the next 25 hours!"

That's similar to the Cheater Status in Grand Theft Auto Online, where you get into a "Bad Sports Lobby" for cheating, But here you do not need to cheat, but you actually get thrown into that Server for playing the game for the first time!

I like the idea of a server for new players, but not with a time limit. It would be better to have them drive an X amount of KM with a trailer before they can go on other servers.

But mixing it with players (trolls) that are banned from other servers is not a good idea. I know they can't damage anyone, but they can still be a nuisance to new players. In chat, by following them, by driving inside them to obstruct their view, etc.

I feel like restricting them to a server can be both good and bad. Put yourself in their shoes. Would you be happy to download the multiplayer client to then be stuck om a server that is pretty much empty?

It might get the reckless drivers of the roads. But i think there is better ways to do so

your idea is fine for all people who have a good ISP here in the states, however I am going to have to give it a -1 since there are new people who have only 1 ISP in their town and it isn't very fast. so forcing them to play on EU#4 for x hours would make it so they would be stuck there for a long time, unless if TMP removed the max ping limiter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.