New players restricted to Eu4 for XXX hours

andy Suter

Suggestion Name:  New member / training server

Suggestion Description: New members with less than (say 25hours) are allowed on Eu4 only. Once 25 hours is achieved then all servers open

Any example images:  non

Why should it be added?:

As a newbie myself I found it quite intimidating joining MP for the first time. I had been on SP and while more realistic, theres no real damage done if you make a mistake or crash into the AI. As soon as you step into MP players can become very toxic if you make a mistake. We need somewhere to practise alongside other users without fear of making mistake. I myself made an error of judgment at the weekend which resulted in a crash and I got banned for 3 days. I think a server that is for new players (Eu4 seems good?) would allow players to learn in a multiplayer world without real consequence of mistakes. At present this can be done but on a voluntary basis. I think it should be enforced. Providing you have no reports for trolling behaviour etc then after XX game hours, you get access to all servers.

Likewise, rather than straight bans being handed out for traffic accidents, players could be moved back to server 4 for the ‘ban time’ to allow them to keep playing and re-adjusting their behaviour.

It would also cut down on trolls as generally these seem to be players with very few hours and just log on occasionally to cause grief before moving back on to fortnite or call of duty haha

• Upvote 15

• 1 month later...

+1 Great idea.

Now when you talk about the time they have to spend on the server to play, this would be best measured by in-game time on the MP servers rather than having it checked on steam.

The only disadvantage from this is that people will just idle for the time to pass and end up but I understand that this is for new players to MP which really would deter trolls either trying to ban evade since they would only be allowed on EU 4 or maybe having this also as a punishment that is they do cause issues on other servers, rather than banning them, force them back onto EU 4 to improve their driving and attitude. 

mV7R3Lk.png 

Into Code

7 minutes ago, [TSRVTC] DubStepMad said:

I understand that this is for new players to MP which really would deter trolls either trying to ban evade since they would only be allowed on EU 4 or maybe having this also as a punishment that is they do cause issues on other servers, rather than banning them, force them back onto EU 4 to improve their driving and attitude. 

Exactly that. 

A troll couldn't cause any damage as they would be on the free roam server. Once they get onto the normal servers, the first time they get banned, they are back over to EU4. They cant ban evade as the new profile would eu4. If it works correctly, it should create 3 servers that are troll free. 

In terms of new players, they don't need to panic about hitting anyone and the toxic aftermath/potential bans from simply not being used to driving a truck etc. A genuine player would understand they need the training wheels on for a set amount of time to climatise to the way tmp works. 

Any existing players that get banned, could be moved onto Eu4 rather than turned away totally for 3 days/a month etc

there is already 2 hrs restriction, but increasing this time for EU-4 server, will be good idea yeah, in EU-4 everyone is looking mad :D (don't take it personal guys). in a little crash, they're just typing in chat "REC, REPORTED!!!", that's annoying for everyone, especially for new players.

8 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

How do you ensure that new players will drive to gain experience on that dedicated server and not just sit idle somewhere?
I think that the amount of hours played is not a valid indicator for driving experience.

That’s a fair comment but….If they are prepared to sit idle somewhere, after a certain small amount of time they get AFK kicked anyway, just like we all do. If they are then prepared to sit idle, nudging the mouse every so often so not afk then they are pretty desperate! They may as well just be driving around in that time getting to know the game.

If they do go the ‘sit idle nudging mouse’ route then with no experience they will soon run into trouble and find themselves back on Eu4 again.

• Thanks 1

nice idea but It must be more than 25 hours.example: 1 week because they(new player) can learn in 1 week.or the most played server(EU 2) will not be allowed to enter new players 1 week. 

from me +1 

+1 I like the idea however I don't like the idea of someone playing for a total of 25 hours just to be able to play on any of the other servers. They could just set their truck to do circles at 1 of the ferry ports for a few hours a day... I think if you changed it to a certain amount of delivery's plus mileage then it would teach them to drive properly but with hours they will find ways to beat the system.

Edit: I don't think you deserved that ban either... You tried to avoid an accident and created another 1 but atleast its only 3 days.

Edited by Supersam

This is a nice idea, but I have some concerns. 

First off, unless people are monitored on the server and show that they are learning the ways of TMP,  then who’s to say that people aren’t doing doubts in a car park somewhere waiting for the time to pass. 

Secondly, if you get “moved” back, there’s no incentive for someone to learn right from wrong, at least with bans you get evidence and video showing what you did wrong.

Thirdly, because you are essentially putting new players in a no collision environment, it’s a whole diffenent story In the other servers where collision is enabled, because no Collide you might learn one set of skills and with collisions you need another, so really it defeats the purpose in my opinion, unless people who are fully motivated to want to learn and teach themselves the ways of TMP, all you’re doing is putting a bunch of new drivers on a “no consequence” server with the hope that it improves their abilities. 

Now, I’m not saying this isn’t a good idea, but it can be extended and made better, such as incorporating things like veteran drivers teaching new drivers TMP related skills, a virtual driving test that can then prove to everyone that you are actually learning something and not just goofing off. Things like this will make it a lot more useful for everyone and opens the door to new systems that protect everyone who plays. 

• Like 1

On 26/04/2018 at 12:26 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

How do you ensure that new players will drive to gain experience on that dedicated server and not just sit idle somewhere?
I think that the amount of hours played is not a valid indicator for driving experience.

There can be multiple ways of doing this. 

Examples:

1. Distance measured - Making a new player reach a certain distance to achieve the calculated time instead.

2. MP making custom jobs that have to be completed to obtain the requirements to gain access to other servers.

On 26/04/2018 at 12:36 PM, andy Suter said:

That’s a fair comment but….If they are prepared to sit idle somewhere, after a certain small amount of time they get AFK kicked anyway, just like we all do. If they are then prepared to sit idle, nudging the mouse every so often so not afk then they are pretty desperate! They may as well just be driving around in that time getting to know the game.

If they do go the ‘sit idle nudging mouse’ route then with no experience they will soon run into trouble and find themselves back on Eu4 again.

Having said about the mouse movement, there is a few anti-afk programs (One of such I have made) that will stop you from getting kicked while afk.

• Like 1

mV7R3Lk.png 

Into Code

4 hours ago, [TSRVTC] DubStepMad said:

Examples:

1. Distance measured - Making a new player reach a certain distance to achieve the calculated time instead.

2. MP making custom jobs that have to be completed to obtain the requirements to gain access to other servers.

The second point is indeed an interesting idea that maybe the new Add-On team will consider.
Maybe you can post this idea in the Introducing the "Add-On Team" thread and or as a suggestion?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.