Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

What is your trucking speed?

Pop your truck in a gear higher you'll drop in rpm if you are going down hill or flat sitting in gear 12 kills the need for heavy fuel consumption.

For hills going up after going down throw it into gear 11 or 10 if you're sitting below 60mph (I drive in mph). If your trailer is heavier than 19 tons chances are you'll lose speed. If that happens don't dip below the green section of the rpm reader.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Pop your truck in a gear higher you'll drop in rpm if you are going down hill or flat sitting in gear 12 kills the need for heavy fuel consumption.

For hills going up after going down throw it into gear 11 or 10 if you're sitting below 60mph (I drive in mph). If your trailer is heavier than 19 tons chances are you'll lose speed. If that happens don't dip below the green section of the rpm reader.

Believe me I know how to drive, my comment was about another player trying to bait me into driving faster, only to fail and on the next corner them ending up on their side because they were driving too fast and lost control.

And for what it's worth the only time my rev counter leaves the green is in quarries, probably because I don't drive a scania or a volvo but who knows.

I try to follow the speed limits of the GPS, but I adapt it a lot in various situations, if I don't feel confident about a curb, I may slow down to 50km/h even if its a 80 or 70km/h zone, I find a lot of spots clearly have the wrong speed limits indicated on the GPS, in many areas it says 80 but the zone is more like a 50-60km/h area so I slow down, even if some people are angry about my driving speed, I don't care that much and try to let them pass in a safe area as soon as I can.

76561198104067447.png

I try to follow the speed limits of the GPS, but I adapt it a lot in various situations, if I don't feel confident about a curb, I may slow down to 50km/h even if its a 80 or 70km/h zone, I find a lot of spots clearly have the wrong speed limits indicated on the GPS, in many areas it says 80 but the zone is more like a 50-60km/h area so I slow down, even if some people are angry about my driving speed, I don't care that much and try to let them pass in a safe area as soon as I can.

The only people that really get angry are the kids that think the point of the game is to get for point A to B the fastest but as most of us Non-Kids no the game is more than that and that the fun is in the driving i said in my post on here i gtick to the GPS speeds unless I am pulling a 70km/h restricted trailer

Usually I stick to the speed limit, since ETS is a simulation for me. If I want to race around, I'll go play a proper racing game. Last night I drove I was confronted several times with some morons who drove around with the pedal on the floor the whole time, resulting in them cutting corners and bumping into my truck. This is what annoys me most. I don't care what speed the others are driving with, but I want them to make sure, they don't put other drivers into danger whilst taking corners at ridicolously high speeds...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

• 1 month later...

Archived