What is your trucking speed?

Mostly according to speedlimit, but sometimes I just want to go 90 all the time, other times when I have some heavy load I just drive 70 everywhere. Many get annoyed by it and some russian convoy already tried to ram me from the road. Seriously, they were all russians and tried to block me.

And in cities, 50 at day, 60 at night.

Control over speed, every time; AKA. Speedlimit. Plus it's more enjoyable, what's the rush? Speedfreaks almost always crash eventually, there are those who can remain in control though and props to them but they're few and far between. I simply just prefer the journey, not the getting to the destination - the longer the distance the happier I am.

I done a run from Russia to Portugal in SP once with increased traffic of everything (cars, trucks etc.) and that took me 4 hours real time from start to finish. The country roads in Portugal are hell if there's a jam - you think EP is bad? It took 30 to 40 minutes to get through those traffic jams on country roads; I was forced to detour or it would have taken even longer. Long distance ain't nothing in MP to me man.

nz3d07.jpg

80km/h Highway (gives me room to pass someone if they too are going 80, but with lag). 65km/h country and 45-50km/h in towns. I generally follow whatever the speed indicator is telling me to go. But for some roads, I slow it down. I also use cruise-control with the retarder braking for when going down hill. So if you ever see me with my tail lights flashing when going down hill.. you know what it is. :D

signature.png

In SP, 2 km/h above the truck speed limit (except when it's 90, because limiter).  If I'm pulling a 70 km/h trailer I tend to do 72.  On downhills, I go 4 km/h above the limit then use retarder/exhaust brake to slow it down.

In MP, I do around 40 in the cities, and 90 elsewhere, slowing down for bends and intersections.  I use trucks in the region of 500hp and accelerate slowly to save fuel but I do eventually hit 90.

On motorways its 88-90 and in cities/towns usually 35-40. Country roads however are a whole different ballgame. Speed according to the road ahead most of the time, so anywhere between 40-80 on those. (Even slower on some alpine stretches...).

Just yesterday I was driving at a respectable 60 when approaching a double-bend, when I saw a fellow trucker in my mirror. A dangerous pass followed, through 2 blind bends & double lines and I was forced to break to avoid collision.

Whats the hurry?!

Its all in the journey imo...

I follow the posted speed limits. As Dave said, what's the rush?

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

• 4 weeks later...
I just change the "Cruise Control" to remain bound by the GPS and try to always leave with one less.

ex:

65 = 64

90 = 89

70 = 69

etc ...

And now I'm in the mood to do the same as torekk user and give more attention to the speed limit shown in the back of the trailer.

I like to travel enjoying music, speaking with others ppls, etc ...

Claymaster T-REX

i just adept to the situation.if the situation is good ill drive 90.i do tend too drive slower without trailer as the truck is alot more unstable.

Nice bump...

Highway

Seeing as when I was on mp I usually had a player crawling up my butt I usually ended up going full speed. Only exception is the 120 ton challenge.

City

A speed I can successfully stop at if someone tries something stupid...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

This thread reminded me about a couple of nights ago, I was driving at the speed limit and some joker came speeding past me saying 'you lame a$$ driving a f**** slow a$$ truck, get outta the way', next corner I see them on their side completely wrecked, absolutely priceless.

But on topic, I nearly always (90% of the time) stick to the speed limits, I value a relaxing drive and better fuel economy over getting a job finished 5 mins early and using a ton more fuel.

Except for one delivery where I had 20 real world minutes to cover 103 miles, I almost made it too but my game crashed as I was about to unload the trailer which is about right for me.

Archived