What do you think about that Light rule?

GERmoose_dre

Good day guys,

we all have to turn on our light pretty early but what are you guys thinking about that?

In my opinion that's not necessary that early it could be 2 hours later but like I said it's my opinion.

What do you think and what times would you recommend?

Greetings DRE:tmp:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello.

The light system is active because the winter mod has not yet been disabled, in this modification the nights arrive early, so we all have to turn on the lights, to prevent the "ghost drivers" from acting on the roads. ^_^

~DJFrontier

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

58 minutes ago, GERmoose_dre said:

Good day guys,

we all have to turn on our light pretty early but what are you guys thinking about that?

In my opinion that's not necessary that early it could be 2 hours later but like I said it's my opinion.

What do you think and what times would you recommend?

Greetings DRE:tmp:

Once the developers remove the winter mod, you won't have to turn on your headlights until later in the game day. Only a few weeks to go!

I normally always at least have the side lights on, so that interior lights are on and so that users with rain don’t get ghost drivers all the time.

I think how it is now is fine and gets the right balance. Having said that I find that ppl that have there high beams on ALL THE TIME is pretty annoying, particularly when they have the accessory lights on too.

Whilst very annoying, it's very useful. It teaches good practises and eliminates ghost driving, which was a big problem within the community before.

Hello, TBH after adding light rule many are using lights during night time. before that rule some of them used to drive just for trolling with out lights.This headlight rule was added due to winter mod .when your truck is moving with no lights you will be warned for 15 seconds,all you need to do is just turn on headlights.if you don't turn on then you will be kicked.this rule also added to kick the members who are ghost driving.

§4.2 Server Auto Kicks

• Headlights - Headlights must always be on between the hours of 16:00 (4pm) - 07:00 (7am)
3 hours ago, GERmoose_dre said:

For the members who are using winter mod it becomes dark by 4 Pm. presently in IRL winter is almost done. I think its matter of time Winter mod will be remove and headlight kick timings will be changed back to normal timings 19:00(7Pm) - 07:00(7am).

UxiKSFa.png

Sure, the old light rule will come back when the wintermod is removed. Then it‘s again 7PM - 7AM. But for now, some people drive still with the Wintermod, so we need to have it earlier on.

Archived