Statement Regarding Recent Developments in the Community

4 minutes ago, Trucker[PL/EN] said:

and TruckersMP was created in 2014, your reply says as it's from 2017 so for about 3 years we lived without ISP and it worked.
Why isn't it working now? Because of yours "privacy of policy" 

It wasn't working before that. The ISP was created because of issues with people leaking, not because of GDPR. There was a no leaking policy before the ISP as well.

The ISP was created to have more clear rules on what can be mentioned externally, what can not, and what are the punishments for doing so. Removing the "I didn't know" excuse completely.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

So you're afraid that someaone may leak some information about staff.

5 minutes ago, HumaneWolf said:

The ISP was created to have more clear rules on what can be mentioned externally, what can not, and what are the punishments for doing so. Removing the "I didn't know" excuse completely.

You see, I can not see these "clear rules" because they are internal. Are they still clear?

It seems like staff is covering themselves with rules which aren't visible

If you're afraid of "someone leaking information" then say so and don't hide with "riots of Polish community"

Keyword: internal

The ISP is internal, on a need to know basis. A regular member has no use with it, it's irrelevant to non-staff. Also, the riots by a certain group has nothing to do with the ISP either: the former team members who decided to violate it had something to do with it but that's about it. 

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

Well you can’t say that, rules for staff don’t need to be seen by us because you and I aren’t even in the staff, so it doesn’t mean anything and so doesn’t need to be given. We can make a good assumption that it’s to keep internal matters within the staff discord, messages, etc. And any leakage won’t be taken lightly @Trucker[PL/EN]

Edited by heyhococo

@Trucker[PL/EN] - The ISP is nothing to do with players, it basically tells staff members what they are allowed to mention to players and other staff members and what they cannot (as been said above).

It is not such a big deal, just to protect data and information that is told internally to staff.

Its up to the PMs if they wish to disclose what the ISP shows (which imo isn't a bad idea) but is really quite irrelevant to the average user.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Okay, this is getting out of hand.

I still cannot get through my head how can people be so stubborn at some points. A team member was removed/left from the team due to ISP leakage, which is more than fair, as the certain member, agreed onto doing so upon his promotion to whatever position in the team. Now, because he was removed, people tend to act up and sum up their own things; such as TMP being against Poles, which is completely incorrect; and nevertheless, them protesting and misbehaving both on forums and discord wouldn't have helped the situation either. Many of the Upper Staff warned most of them, some were even kicked from Discord due to their excessive spam. I won't repeat the same as konfig0 and HumaneWolf did. They should get some sense knocked into themselves and realise their own value and opportunities.

P.P.: I had no intentions of replying, but I had to state what my opinion is.

Regards,

Martin.

Edited by [LKW Tr.] Martin
  • Like 3
  • True Story 1

@Trucker[PL/EN]

Because we know that the TruckersMP team would not do such an act that many are talking about, why we know that TMP makes clear that manipulation of the team's internal privacy is not allowed, because that is the confidence we have with PM and CM. Think a little bit my dear friends, there is no reason for them to make such an act of this that is being speculated among you with such a large community, simply someone did not follow the rules and had to leave.

~DJFrontier ^_^

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

The initial break of the ISP was an unofficial discord used by Polish team members. Obviously after this was removed, and we unfortunately had to remove an upper-staff member for it, certain members of that Discord started a protest. 

We proceeded to create a seperate channel in our internal official staff Discord, to create clear communication with those that were angry and voiced their concerns.

Quickly it came to our attention information was leaked from this channel, not personal information but messages which were send by upper-staff (Scarface0359, Humanewolf and me) were leaked to people outside the team. This obviously broke the ISP, and a few former team members have been kicked for that too.

I can assure you that any personal information of accounts has not been in danger a single moment, but only messages from 1 single channel were leaked to non-staff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

1 minute ago, konfig0 said:

The initial break of the ISP was an unofficial discord

I was about to write a longer answer about it, but I'll fill in some gaps instead:

The reason this is pretty serious is because TruckersMP has a lot of data. Our ability to protect it and keep it safe depends on our knowledge of where it is. As such, while there is no reason to suspect any unauthorized person accessed personal data in this case, we can not take the risk of having a channel of communication we can not control. In addition, this is a direct violation against our Information Security Policy, and one that is explicitly listed as an example of what is not allowed at that.

• Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

This is a big problem.
We know TruckersMP will come from above. This situation is clear for Polish users as soon as possible the problem is solved .

All this is a bit silly to be honest, I mean fair enough if a serious offence has been committed, then a staff member will be kicked, that's the rules. That said, all breach of policy cases should be looked at individually and not all dealt with in the same way.

Just a few points I personally took from the "Official Statement"

it did not take long before we were no longer met with respect, and the situation escalated out of control

If you can't control a disagreement, you shouldn't run a community with 2 million people. Step 1: Establish who the influence in the group is. Step 2: Calm the atmosphere properly, before dealing with the situation.

A simple 2 steps that could have easily avoided all of this.

It's important to note that we do not want to be in a situation like this. Having to replace an upper staff member at short notice is never beneficial,

That's obvious, nobody wants to be in this kind of situation, however this quote is certainly not important, nor relevant to the case.

we now have to evaluate whether we can still support the Polish community like we have been doing since the start of the mod, or if we will have to lower the level of support to the same as the other language-specific communities.

This one got me, did you intentionally just mention that you are discriminating against other languages in favor of Polish? Or was this just a happy accident that people can and probably will now feed off?

TruckersMP has a major responsibility

You do indeed, and as far as I can see, your responsibility right now is not replacing a community manager, so that shouldn't be your priority.

This is just my interpretation of the statement made. It's no secret that I have long term disagreed with many things that the TruckersMP team do or have done. (just ask clarkinator :P) However, just because I disagree with things, It doesn't mean I was ever disrespectful, this is something that can be completely unforgivable. All this said, respect goes 2 ways, and blocking contact requests from the Polish community is just as disrespectful as the Polish community streaming about the situation. 

Also, just gonna put it out there, the VTA have been dealing with fall outs between VTC's and communities for over 1 year with a 100% success rate, so the tips i've given above are valid, and work.

Edited by .::Cheetah::.

| SCS Beta Tester | Haulage 64 Founder |

Game Rules | Report a Player | Submit a Ticket | Ask for Help

Ex-Support Staff TMP

!! Member Since Day 1 !!

18 hours ago, [???????] DT ML [RU] said:

I wish you peace, adequacy and reasonableness of solutions. Be kind, people...

Do not give in to provocation. Especially on the basis of ethnicity.

Love and peace

I can't agree more to this statement! Don't blow things out of proportion and always take things with the best intentions.

I appreciate that you shared this information with the community. Keeping information close to the vest can cultivate speculation and rumours, both from staffers and members. Being transparent positions you in such a way that you can quickly and efficiently respond to problems and controversy if it arises.

As far as I can see, this situation was dealt with accordingly. An internal information leak should be taken seriously and that's what you guys did.

• Thanks 1

UsDxWIH.png