Statement Regarding Recent Developments in the Community

truckersmp-logo.png

Hi everyone !

As some may have noticed this evening hasn't been very quiet. We'll provide more information here about the situation. Last weekend we unfortunately had to kick a very well known and respected member in the community from our team, due to a break of our internal Information Security Policy (ISP). This policy has two important applications. The most well known is against leaks, but it also specifies how and where information we have can and cannot be used by staff members.

After the initial kick, members from a some groups in the community started a protest against our actions, including avatars, streams and spam. These have been dealt with accordingly as was seen best at the time. Unfortunately, information regarding how it was handled was leaked and put out of context. We have tried to work with and listen to the complaints as much as possible, trying to show respect and full attention. However, it did not take long before we were no longer met with respect, and the situation escalated out of control, including members of the community groups starting to troll on our and other communities related to TruckersMP.

It's important to note that we do not want to be in a situation like this. Having to replace an upper staff member at short notice is never beneficial, but in this case it was necessary, and it was a situation we were in.

During this situation, there have been various accusations, such as claims that we are trying to destroy the Polish community. We are not trying to make this happen. We went into the situation set on assigning a new Polish community manager, who could continue the work with the Polish community. However, due to several Polish team members choosing to leave, and others choosing to violate the ISP in protest, we now have to evaluate whether we can still support the Polish community like we have been doing since the start of the mod, or if we will have to lower the level of support to the same as the other language-specific communities.

We regret that we have to make this evaluation, and potentially this decision, but if we are unable to provide proper support then we are forced to do so.

TruckersMP has a major responsibility - Not just for the mod itself, but because of the data people have entrusted us with, from email addresses, to appeals, to in game chat logs, and more. This responsibility means we have to be strict about our Information Security Policy, and that we can control where that data is. While we don't believe any user data has been leaked during this, we cannot risk a leak like that in the future.

We as a team want to thank each and every one of you who showed respect and worked with us to try find the best possible solution, even if the solution now might end up being an unfortunate one for some of the language communities. Now we will evaluate our response to the situation that occurred after the kick, and how we can deal with it better in the future.

View post on homepage

I would like to say a massive Thank you to all that helped the TruckersMP get rid of the trolls i would like to say a massive Thank you all of the staff of TruckersMP we love you all :wub: 

It’s a shame that a certain minority of people just go and ruin their country’s reputation within the community. 

Being completely honest - I think that support for all languages besides English should be as equal as possible.

Granted, if there is a majority, they could be supported further. The Turkish community is much larger than the Polish one in this mod, so... I’ll let you think about that ;)

• Like 3
  • True Story 6

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

I feel incredibly relieved that the situation has now been bought under control, because my future on this mod could have been under threat had the situation end up escalating, so I would like to thank the CM's and PM's for trying to handle the case as diplomatically as possible, and now that means that I can stay here and enjoy the mod the same way I used to before the incidents. 

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

Okay I missed a chapter here. So now I want the truth, did the ex Polish CM leave or got kicked? I'm fully aware this is a very sensitive situation, as it implies a higher staff member leaving the team, and a large portion of the Polish community that falls underneath. But I've noticed that some people doesn't seem to understand is that TruckersMP have very strict measures when it comes to internal security and information. It reminds me of another event which I'm not going to mention... I'm not going to shame on anyone, but protesting in this case isn't going to help at all, ever. Being part of any protests is just going to cause troubles, so that's why I want to stay away from it.

KkdaC1b.png

9 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

Okay I missed a chapter here. So now I want the truth, did the ex Polish CM leave or got kicked? I'm fully aware this is a very sensitive situation, as it implies a higher staff member leaving the team, and a large portion of the Polish community that falls underneath. But I've noticed that some people doesn't seem to understand is that TruckersMP have very strict measures when it comes to internal security and information. It reminds me of another event which I'm not going to mention... I'm not going to shame on anyone, but protesting in this case isn't going to help at all, ever. Being part of any protests is just going to cause troubles, so that's why I want to stay away from it.

The CM was given a choice between leaving himself, or being kicked, due to the seriousness of violations against the Information Security Policy. He chose to leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

17 minutes ago, Kid Fabi said:

Deleting comments?

Okay, so i will give my opinion in "other words"

The things you are saying are "funny"

Thanks, would it be deleted to?

Deleting comments in Polish section, written in Polish, but someone think that is disrespect in order to moderator but you mention reason why he closed your topic :)

PS. I made screenshot of my post so please don't delete that...

We thank the TruckersMP Team for the great work and you can see that employees care about the community. One thing I get upset about is this "war" about people getting off or leaving the staff.

In my opinion, if any person left or was removed is:

1. Left by own decisions
2. The team found it better withdraw from the team for such reasons

I find all this unnecessary. I do not know about the history of the "Polish" community but I think it should match the other languages.

• Like 1

How we're to make a cultural discussion if nobody's listening to us? In the beginning we tried - now it is anger and frustration

The requests of Polish managers were blocked so they took matters into their own hands. The Polish community is increasingly blocked - there is no "made in poland" sign, we can not discuss in Polish language. Why now? After 3 years? You could treat the Polish community from the beginning just like any other communities. Your fault ;)

There is nobody who understands the context. We tried to talk to mwl but we didn't get any specific answers.

We understand that Bandero has broken the rules and has to suffer consequences, but why do you try to remove info about it? Why the official statement is scarcely now, not immediately after the fact? Why do you delete our posts and prescibe change our avatars? We wanted to protest, express our dissatisfaction...

No one came and said "hey, we want to explain it with you".

Edited by H&V I Vaiarek
  • Thanks 1
  • True Story 1

Dołącz do jednej z najstarszych vs'ek | hvlogistyka.pl

One thing is protesting peacefully, another one protesting like some of the Polish members decided to do.

I haven't expected such a behaviour from team members, it was a Discord server, it could've been handled peacefully, just really unhappy and sad way how our team members decided to handle it. All of this could've been handled peacefully but you chose to not do so. You guys are just damaging your own Polish community and if you don't stop, it'll be handled as all other language discussions here, Polish community will be barely recognized as it is now.

There's still maybe a little bit of time left for the responsible ones to step up and say no and stop this, or atleast protest in peaceful way. Pointing fingers and accusing eachother of something isn't right. All depends on you guys, you are forming the future of the Polish community, don't let it be gone.

Poland deserves it's own place, like it used to be till now, so there's always a point in handling things in a human way. Just try to get a discussion going with upper staff members and sort things out, but don't attack anyone, that's not what protesting is about, just handle it properly and in the right way guys.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

Any project sooner or later faces difficulties - this not avoidable. And it is at such moments that we can see the community from all sides :unsure:

Do not let your emotions overcome your mind...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 3

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

If we deserve it, why are we losing it now? I wrote - we understand what he made a Bandero. But why only now we hear that this is not a Polish but international project only? We feel cheated. You could treat us like now from May 2014.

Edited by H&V I Vaiarek

Dołącz do jednej z najstarszych vs'ek | hvlogistyka.pl

At the end of the day, things were dealt with accordingly and the best you can do is to leave it and move on then there wouldn't be an issue like there is now. No one and I mean NO ONE should be blamed for anything. Scarface doesn't even deserve the disrespect which is currently been given. Like @Clarkinator said if you're not happy with things. Yes make it clear but don't blow your chance by giving the whole TruckersMP staff team a hard time and the disrespect as well needs to stop. This is the reason why we're hiding your comments and pictures because majority is just disrespect or complaints about staff and this is seen from ex staff members as well who should know better. Like I always say. Feedback ticket is there if you're not happy. Do not go round posting it on the forums as it won't be dealt with. 

• Like 1

If you have main concerns, feedback is there for you. Final decisions are made by the managers of TruckersMP.

TMP is a project open to international communities who play the trucking games. This place is not meant for war or rioting. When protesting, it's very easy to speak in an hot-tempered way, which clearly does not help in any situations at all.

I may lack some understanding about the details of this whole situation, because I'm not very active on the forum. But one thing I know for sure is that things can escalate very quickly in here...

KkdaC1b.png