Greetings! I have noticed many of the players in TMP are not familiar with right of ways when it comes to driving. Here is a little guide that should help clear up this issue :D.

WHAT IS A RIGHT OF WAY? A right of way is who goes first at an intersection.

WHERE DO WE FIND RIGHT OF WAYS? Right of ways are at intersections, parking lots, merging lanes and many other places.

---AT AN INTERSECTION---

4 WAY STOP:
At a 4 way stop vehicles from all directions MUST come to a full stop. When approaching these intersections make sure to notice the order vehicles from other directions arrive at the intersection. A saying to help you remember the rules of a 4 way intersection is "First come first serve". If 4 vehicles are all coming to an intersection all from different directions, the vehicle to first make there full stop will be the one to go first thru the intersection. The order you arrive at the intersection is the order you go thru the intersection. If you and another driver at the intersection are going opposite ways meaning you will go right by each other, you can both cross the intersection at the same time. Hence why it is important to always signal at these intersections.

WHAT IS A 4 WAY STOP?
A 4 way stop is an intersection where all 4 directions have a stop sign at the intersection. All drivers must come to a full stop here.

T-INTERSECTIONS (3 WAY INTERSECTIONS): At 3 way intersections 2 directions will have the right of way. 1 direction will have a stop sign or a yield sign. If you are coming from the Stop/Yield direction make sure to make room for other vehicles coming from other directions. If you are turning left at a 3 way intersection and you are coming from a direction with right of way, people coming from the opposite direction have priority meaning you must wait till you are safe to make your left turn. However it can still be nice to let someone go first by flashing your headlights even if they do not have the right of way.

TRANSPORT MAKING WIDE TURN: Semi trucks often need to park in 2 lanes when arriving at intersections if they are turning right. If you do notice this, you should give room for it to make his/her turn.

POLICE BEHIND WITH SIRENS ON (GAME MODERATOR): Like in real life, when a police car with lights and sirens comes behind you, you are to get OUT of the way by pulling over, pulling into a parking lot or anything to get out of the way. Here, police have the right of way. If you get to an intersection and you have a green light but a police is coming from another way with sirens and lights, the police can run the red light. You must wait for them to go thru the intersection. On the motorway do not stop if there is a police behind you unless he is trying to pull you over. On the motorway simply clear a lane and keep driving. If the police is staying behind you and not passing you, then pull over.

Hope this clears up a few things! Stay safe out there!

Regards,
TFM DJ ccowie,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey!

I read all the lines you wrote. There really is very useful information under each title. In fact , I would like many players to read this topic and learn detailed information. I hope the players will regulate themselves. Thank you so much for the information you gave:truestory:^_^ You are good man.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

On 5/12/2018 at 7:57 AM, -AV- said:

Hey!

I read all the lines you wrote. There really is very useful information under each title. In fact , I would like many players to read this topic and learn detailed information. I hope the players will regulate themselves. Thank you so much for the information you gave:truestory:^_^ You are good man.

Aww! Great to hear! I'm only here to help! If I missed anything in this post make sure to make me aware by messaging me over Discord, the Forums or reply here!

-ccowie

I thoroughly enjoyed this post because I've noticed, while spectating heavy traffic areas, that a majority of traffic-related problems players experience are caused by drivers failing to yield to vehicles that have the right of way. Nice guide!

55 minutes ago, Terry A said:

I thoroughly enjoyed this post because I've noticed, while spectating heavy traffic areas, that a majority of traffic-related problems players experience are caused by drivers failing to yield to vehicles that have the right of way. Nice guide!

Glad you think this will help! I hope so too! People respecting right of ways has gotta start somewhere, it takes more people like me and you ;)

-ccowie