Adding NCZ On Busy Roads

Simulator Experiencer

Hello euro truck simulator players and staff .  today  i want to talk about giving way and not enough time to turn when there more and more  truckles speeding 

i was  on a road  can't remember where  but it was just so hard to turn  i couldn't turn took me about a  min or 2 just to turn  on a road .  there no give way sign etc.... and i can't tell who goes first, but  i stop to wait due to im still new and still learning  in progress ,  but  any thoughts about adding well lets say ncz in some areas  or maybe  just turn  down the speed  a bit? 

i hope you guys as a team can look into this. i see where people just hardly care and they turn without looking but  that only because  in some case there no sign etc... and  no one  knows who to stop or give way.   and also another thing  i wanted to know is traffic lights as well if i stop on a red  light is that a good thing or bad thing? 

i remember when  i  played this the project manager use to say it was  ok to run it as  long as there  no on coming traffic etc... but then  you got those people who want to  play for real etc.. its just so hard when there 2 groups of people  ingame 

thanks and  i wish you all the best from Simulator

76561198098873827.png

the reason i ask this was because  like  imagine this  a 2 way road  but 1 lane seems  to be empty so as many  players do  they drive a bit  onto that lane  and wanting  to to turn but then there a  speeding truckie miles away  and he or she might not have the tab list open  and doesn't look at the gps  but still speeds and then crashes  into you. who fault would it  be 

not many people would give way but who would that my biggest question.   

i will show u an image of the roads that are most common ones  now  i see a looks like a give way sign  so that means  players  must stop 

here 

ok so here if u look at this image i think it might be a give way sign now do players have to stop?  but there  no text what so ever  on the sign 

1HFk1Jz.jpg

over here we have some sign that  i have no idea what  it means  

pWYOqhg.jpg

now who has the right  to stop and wait?  red player  or the yellow player 

eDzt4oh.jpg

76561198098873827.png

hello dear welcome, as I try to understand what you are saying, one of the issues you mentioned is that respect the red light, because you must respect 100x 100 but in some junctions there will be times where other drivers can not find therefore you can continue your march carefully otherwise and you find a driver In the area You must respect.

@SimulatorExperiencer The thing with adding NCZs to specific areas is 1. the difficulty of laying in the NCZ if it’s done tile by tile along a route and 2. it’ll become a haven for trolls because they can then essentially gridlock major routes by simply parking at the end of the NCZs and leaving enough gap for collisions to re enable so then anyone who thinks they can drive through them ends up ramming into them essentially blocking major arterial roads. 

As for adjusting speeds, although fine when the servers are full and these areas are full, but when the servers are quiet or when people are more spread out, it’s not really necessary, you also have to take into account the areas you are reducing the speeds in, too slow and anyone with heavy loadscant make it up any hills because they have no momentum, too fast and there’s no point in adding speed restrictions. 

Now, in terms of who’s in the right or wrong, it’s dependant upon all factors. If the person on the wrong side of the road is a fair way over, it’s their fault, if the person speeding has clear line of sight over the junction and chooses to not slow down, it’s their fault, if they both are past safe limits, then both are to blame. Personally, you should never need to use the opposing lane when turning unless you have a wide or long load that needs more space to clear any obstacles so in my opinion, the person on the wrong side is always in the wrong. I don’t condone speeding, but you should not have to expect someone in your lane coming towards you, especially if there’s a blind curve or sharp decent beforehand. 

As for giveway signs, they only apply to traffic approaching from the opposing direction, like here in the UK, you always have to giveway to traffic from the right. If the person coming to the T junction from the base of the T sees no traffic to stop, then they should pass through, especially if the traffic coming from the left side of the top T bar is turning. That’s my opinion. Unless there is a physical stop light or stop sign and there is no traffic approaching, then you’re able to proceed.

I don't think this would be a good idea, this would really take away from the game if you could just drive through everyone in certain places on the road, there is already a server for this (EU4) Part of the thing that people like about busy roads is being stuck in traffic and then there is the issue of leaving the NCZ.

On a busy road like C-D during peak times a NCZ like this would cause chaos.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

First image, that's a yield (give way) sign. Its meaning is similar to a Stop sign, only difference is that you should always stop at the Stop sign, and you can keep driving without stopping at the yield sign if you have checked that there's no traffic coming on the other road.

The second image sign means that you're approaching a crossing and you have the priority. The drivers on the other road will have Stop or Yield signs.

The third image is more difficult to tell, without knowing if there are signs on either roads. I know that in the C-D road there's a junction like that and the traffic coming to the red line have the Yield sign, so they should stop if there's traffic coming towards the yellow line, but it depends on the signs, there are other situations where you'll find no signs, or the yield sign will be at the yellow lined road. If there are no signs, if I'm not wrong, you have to give way to players coming from your right (in the UK it would be opposite, you'd give way to drivers coming from your left).

And in the end, traffic signs, speeds, don't matter to most people in EU#2, many don't even know what the signs mean, others simply don't give a ****. If you are coming to a crossroads and want to be safe, best thing is to slow down always and have the GPS with the players' dots enabled, so you can see if there's someone approaching on the other road. And even if you have the priority sign, be careful, because the players coming may ignore their Stop or Yield signs.

About the traffic lights, you can stop at all of them if you want and nobody can complain about that. Most people don't, they just check if there's traffic around and if there isn't, they just run the red light. Others run the red lights even when there's traffic around, so you need to be careful too when your light is green if there are others approaching. Running red lights is not a bannable offense unless you cause an accident by doing it, in that case you can be reported and banned.

In addition to what @FernandoCR [ESP] correctly stated, after the Give Way sign in the first picture follows a "right turn prohibited sign" to prevent road traffic participants from turning right on the exit lane of the highway.

Regarding the third picture, there are several scenarios possible.

No traffic signs at all.

In the unlikely event that there are no traffic signs at all, one has always give way to the right. Yellow has to give way to red, and red has give way to traffic from the right.

Red has a Give Way sign (first picture).

If red has a Give Way sign, red must give way to all cross traffic.

Yellow has Give Way sign.

If yellow has a Give Way sign, yellow must give way to all cross traffic.

Hello, I think there is no point of adding NCZ in busy areas. Presently only busy road is Calais - Duisburg road. Well i know most of the people don't care about traffic lights and road signs. I have little knowledge about those signs

first image is a yield or give way sign indicates that each driver must prepare to stop if necessary to let a driver on another approach proceed. A driver who stops or slows down to let another vehicle through has yielded the right of way to that vehicle. In contrast, a stop sign requires each driver to stop completely before proceeding, even if no other traffic is present.
second image is Crossroads with a minor road sign indicates When you are near to the major road, ensure you glance right and left for any vehicles pulling out in front of you. 
In my opinion according to third image is says At a busy crossroads, which of the following has priority?
A. Red player going straight ahead
B. Yellow player turning right
C. None of these player
I would select option C because
both have equal priority. Remember that other drivers may assume they have the right to go. Therefore everyone should be giving way to someone,

There is nothing wrong in following traffic lights and nobody can report you for blocking road. but many don't follow the traffic lights rule as its not major offensive. If you wanna pass red light then make sure no one around you or if there are many people try to cross by caution.

It was previously suggested many times to add NCZ in busy routes but got rejected all the times. Its not possible to add NCZ for single route. please look at below comment :)

UxiKSFa.png

like you all say "trolls" are going to make it worst , that why we have admins without admins then it a different story  but we have admins we have reports  on website as well its not like  trolls are always going to get away with it. 

if they really did add it  i would like  it, i seen players who use speed hack through that road in ghost mode as well so its hard to see players  id people out smart the system and abuse it. its sad  but at the same times nothing can be done if lets say u are driving and next min a speed  hackers smashes  into  u 0% chance of finding that player due to speed, only a admin can see it  because they have bigger chance to see whole map.

the simulation server is by far amazing yes we  have 1 or 2 accident's on cd road  but nothing bad because mp said hey we have good drivers lets give them the best server and i agree good players  should be allowed  on the best server witch is the simulation server.

or hey  another idea  to fix cd road  is to reduce the speed to 60 that way it give them to turn and  you can see them turning. because  if you where speeding  you won't always see them to to server lag  where everything just suddenly spawns   etc... 

76561198098873827.png

5 hours ago, SimulatorExperiencer said:

like you all say "trolls" are going to make it worst , that why we have admins without admins then it a different story  but we have admins we have reports  on website as well its not like  trolls are always going to get away with it. 

if they really did add it  i would like  it, i seen players who use speed hack through that road in ghost mode as well so its hard to see players  id people out smart the system and abuse it. its sad  but at the same times nothing can be done if lets say u are driving and next min a speed  hackers smashes  into  u 0% chance of finding that player due to speed, only a admin can see it  because they have bigger chance to see whole map.

the simulation server is by far amazing yes we  have 1 or 2 accident's on cd road  but nothing bad because mp said hey we have good drivers lets give them the best server and i agree good players  should be allowed  on the best server witch is the simulation server.

or hey  another idea  to fix cd road  is to reduce the speed to 60 that way it give them to turn and  you can see them turning. because  if you where speeding  you won't always see them to to server lag  where everything just suddenly spawns   etc... 

Yestrolls will eventually get caught, but think about the number of people that would end up with delayed, damaged or destroyed loads because of it. You have to remember that admins are volunteers, they can’t be on the servers or the website all day every day, plus they have to deal with every other report sent in every day, you can’t ask them to prioritise an area over another. So all you are doing is making the life of admins harder with this. 

The thingis, the chances of seeing a speed hacker are much much lower than coming across someone blocking and ramming. 

The things that has to be taken into account are, how many people like the idea. Plus how effective would it be at combating issues. Just because 1, 2, 10, 100 people like an idea, doesn’t mean the vast majority also do. 

The thing is, people like the chaos of EU2, it poses the most realistic traffic situations and has more freedom for those who haven’t got 6hrs to do a single trip. Not to mention, you can’t say ‘the simulation server is good players only and there’s no good players anywhere else’ because it’s not true, trolls are on all servers, whether it’s simulation or NC servers, people who are good at the game aren’t on 1 server, you can’t try and say that one server is better than another because there’s so many variables and differences in opinions and tastes that it’s unfair to say that. 

The thing is, speed isn’t the issue, especially if you’re dealing with people using speed hacks, all you do then is make more people sitting targets for trolls with hacks to destroy because of their lowered speeds. (I’m assuming you are talking about kilometres not miles per hour), 60 is painfully slow, especially when most countries IRL have max limits for trucks of 55mph (90k) which is plenty, you can’t throw a number out there and apply it to an area without considering the terrain and how different trucks react with different loads being restricted to those speeds. I mean, if you take a 400hp truck with a 20+tonne load and restrict it to 30MPH on terrain with hills, you’ll have guys blocking the road because they haven’t got enough momentum and speed to climb even in the lowest gear, so there’s s lot of calculation that has to go into setting a max speed on a certain road. 

9 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The thing is, speed isn’t the issue, especially if you’re dealing with people using speed hacks, all you do then is make more people sitting targets for trolls with hacks to destroy because of their lowered speeds. (I’m assuming you are talking about kilometres not miles per hour), 60 is painfully slow, especially when most countries IRL have max limits for trucks of 55mph (90k) which is plenty, you can’t throw a number out there and apply it to an area without considering the terrain and how different trucks react with different loads being restricted to those speeds. I mean, if you take a 400hp truck with a 20+tonne load and restrict it to 30MPH on terrain with hills, you’ll have guys blocking the road because they haven’t got enough momentum and speed to climb even in the lowest gear, so there’s s lot of calculation that has to go into setting a max speed on a certain road. 

Speed limits are set to improve the safety of road traffic. They always consider terrain, road course and other (local) conditions.

As a matter of fact, the road traffic speed limit signs on the road between Calais and Duisburg (which @SimulatorExperiencer was referring to) restrict most parts of it to a maximum speed of 60 km/h.

Besides of that, it does not have any notable inclines, which reduces the risk to encounter slow moving or blocking vehicles caused by a lack of momentum to a minimum.

13 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Speed limits are set to improve the safety of road traffic. They always consider terrain, road course and other (local) conditions.

As a matter of fact, the road traffic speed limit signs on the road between Calais and Duisburg (which @SimulatorExperiencer was referring to) restrict most parts of it to a maximum speed of 60 km/h.

Besides of that, it does not have any notable inclines, which reduces the risk to encounter slow moving or blocking vehicles caused by a lack of momentum to a minimum.

“Has no notable inclines” hmmmm........... well there’s the on/off ramp at Calais, there’s a incline just after that, then a uphill chicane, followed by a decent down towards the fuel station (which is also an incline going the other direction), then there’s another incline up after the fuel station that then drops into that nasty chicane that goes up hill that everyone wrecks on because of how deceiving it is, then there’s another accent/decent after that through that little valley, then there’s the steep incline where traffic tends to build up to from the intersection with the highway, then there’s the hill climb after the rail line, the ascent/decent into the intersection, then another hill climb after the long flat section after the downhill chicane, another accent/decent after the fuel station, another climb towards the next motorway intersection after the bridge and closed exit, after the intersection with the motorway there’s a couple more accents and decent until the final climb and decent next to the T Junction with the Duisburg road. 

So so there ARE notable inclines that DO require momentum to climb, ESPECIALLY in heavy traffic or with heavy loads. 

Now, I’m not against speed limits on specific routes and areas, they just have to be fair for all driving styles and load/truck combinations. Personally, speed limits in TMP should be based off the performance of the lowest HP truck with a heavy load, the max you can get out of it to climb any incline should be the speed limit plus 5 mph. It’s fair then because not every play can be expected to drive 750hp v8 trucks that can do 120mph and just idle there, new guys will have low level equipment, some guys, like myself, play realistically and don’t use those massive diesel drinking engines unless pulling something super heavy. If a 560 DAF can pull it up a hill, you don’t need a 750hp truck. 

Most accidents are caused, not necessarily by speed alone, but either by lack of experience or distracted driving,I’ve lost count how many times I’ve been wrecked by someone literally texting (using text chat) and driving and ending up ramming a queue of traffic, it’s the same with T junction incidents, as OP put as a scenario, if the guy turning onto the base of the T moves into the oncoming lane and someone is carrying speed downhill towards them, it’s the guy oncoming at fault because it’s failure to maintain lanes.

So so there ARE notable inclines that DO require momentum to climb, ESPECIALLY in heavy traffic or with heavy loads.

It seems that your understanding of "notable inclines" differs a lot from mine.

Now, I’m not against speed limits on specific routes and areas, they just have to be fair for all driving styles and load/truck combinations. Personally, speed limits in TMP should be based off the performance of the lowest HP truck with a heavy load, the max you can get out of it to climb any incline should be the speed limit plus 5 mph.

Let us be clear:
You suggest a speed limit that is based off of a truck with the lowest performance engine combined with a heavy load trailer to ensure that it is able to pass any incline on specific routes and in specific areas.
Considering the above, what would you like to set the speed limit on alpine passes to? Probably 250 km/ h?

IMHO, it is simply naive to select a 310hp truck and try to haul a 60t locomotive, challenge or not. How could such a combination be considered by a speed limit?

It’s fair then because not every play can be expected to drive 750hp v8 trucks that can do 120mph and just idle there, new guys will have low level equipment, some guys, like myself, play realistically and don’t use those massive diesel drinking engines unless pulling something super heavy. If a 560 DAF can pull it up a hill, you don’t need a 750hp truck.

I know. You are a realistic driver.
Where did you say you got that 560hp engine for the DAF from?

Anyway, I think it is more like that most new players tend to tweak their save games for multiplayer to be able to start with good to best equipment.
My choice of performance and equipment depends on the weight of the cargo. I have recently purchased a truck with 410hp for longhauls. It will likely pull most loads (heavy cargo excluded), but certainly not always and everywhere at the maximum allowed speed.

Still I do not feel treated unfairly if a speed limit forces me slow down and gives me a challenge to climb an incline.

Most accidents are caused, not necessarily by speed alone, but either by lack of experience or distracted driving,I’ve lost count how many times I’ve been wrecked by someone literally texting (using text chat) and driving and ending up ramming a queue of traffic, it’s the same with T junction incidents, as OP put as a scenario, if the guy turning onto the base of the T moves into the oncoming lane and someone is carrying speed downhill towards them, it’s the guy oncoming at fault because it’s failure to maintain lanes.

I could not agree more.
Distractions in all their forms (phone, chat, radio, GPS, food, drinks, etc.) are a severe danger for the safety of road traffic, in addition to excessive speeds.
Their combination will sooner or later end in an accident.

Really we don't need this , because people will be confused , where ncz where not  . Of somebody don't want see accidents or don't want see trolls , he shouldn't go to busy areas . That is our decision ^_^

Really we don't need this , because people will be confused , where ncz where not  . Of somebody don't want see accidents or don't want see trolls , he shouldn't go to busy areas . That is our decision ^_^

well there go to be something in place to fix it. maybe NCZ  was not the best idea. 

see  because im from Australia i am driving  and sometimes well most of the times really when ever  i drive on some roads i check my tab list i see a  player  but my biggest problem is  i don't see  that player due to the poor server that can't handle all the  players. i lag we all lag need to get a  better server for every player.

that why now  i have a camera  so  i can teach you players what im seeing  and this happens to a few  players . 

i am sure  if lets say for example @Killua // Ireland ^_^ was turning but he  is turning  but what he dosen't see a fast moving truck going  lets say ( 130 speed )  most likely there gonna be some sort of accident  i seen it happen 1000+ times  all over the server.  

its either get a better server

or fix  the issue before it grows  into an issue and less  players  will  play the game. we keep loosing  players  maybe 100 players a day due to fact they either got ban  or they leave due to trolls. 

but this is up to you guys. trust me times  goes fast and  if we don't fix this we are gonna see 100 - 1 player  on the server  who knows   

76561198098873827.png

@SimulatorExperiencer I don't know where you get your numbers from, but last time I checked, TMP community was still growing... And solutions are not NCZ, there's a full server for that and almost no one uses it. There used to be several servers for people to join from far away places, in order to keep their ping low, like the Hong Kong one, the South America one... And almost no one used them. It's not the servers which are to be blamed, if you connect to any internet site located 9000 miles away from your PC, your ping will be high, no matter how powerful the server is, no matter if it's internet link's bandwith is 1 Gbps or 1000 Gbps. Ping is about distance, and lag is about ping. Do you want to see a solution? Try EU#1 server. I've met people with pings over 300 ms and lagging, but speeds are 110 Km/h max, so it's easy to spot the lagger, overtake safely or slow down to let the the truck drive away. Lag becomes a problem when the lagger is driving NFS style and players around are doing the same.

"Fix the issue" - Which one? Because you mentioned lag, then speed, then bans and last, trolls.

- Lag can't be solved unless they open one server in each continent and force people to connect only to their nearest server. And lots of players would complain. Or they set a lower autokick ping limit, right now that limit is 600 ms, if they lower it to 100 ms, there would be no players lagging, but thousands of players would be unable to play.

- Speed problems can be solved with forced limits, but that would make thousands of people leave. Most of the playerbase are fully against speed limits.

- Trolls... That's a problem that can't be solved. It's almost solved right now in EU#1 server, the speed limit and forbiddance of cars make most trolls to stay in EU#2 or EU#3 servers. But when EU#1 was the only server, with 90 Km/h speed limit and no cars, there were trolls. They will always be in any multiplayer online game. They just use the server that fits better to their goals. I didn't leave due to trolls, just moved to EU#1 and that's an option everyone has.

- Bans... That's not a problem. People don't get banned for nothing, there's a clear set of rules that everyone has to agree and abide to, if some players decide to stop playing because they are not allowed to behave like monkeys, it's a win for all others.

what if the player was in ghost mode  and u can't see them  but they can see  u?  that what  i have  with the server issue. 

right now eu1 only has 500 max players and that a great number  to see how many players actually do follow the road signs give way. in eu2   i don't see that but then everyone says its a "simulation  game" if we want it to be a realistic simulation game then why can't we all just follow the road signs etc... and even red light in eu2 3% of  players  i catch who stop at a red  light 

if i ever rec  and see what i see  ill show u and  u can see if this is a issue or not.  from my end it looks like players just keep teleport all over the roads etc... 

in the end will see what tmp does and see what they can do to help out other  players 

and with the player numbers on the server  if  u have a  look there 2.201 players trucking  ingame  this is from  tmp web site  

on steam it says 10,111 ingame trucking  

there 7,901 players playing ets2 single player  that a massive record  

all we need a a solution that going to fix this, not just for me but for other player as well. 

76561198098873827.png

14 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

It seems that your understanding of "notable inclines" differs a lot from mine.

Let us be clear:
You suggest a speed limit that is based off of a truck with the lowest performance engine combined with a heavy load trailer to ensure that it is able to pass any incline on specific routes and in specific areas.
Considering the above, what would you like to set the speed limit on alpine passes to? Probably 250 km/ h?

IMHO, it is simply naive to select a 310hp truck and try to haul a 60t locomotive, challenge or not. How could such a combination be considered by a speed limit?

I know. You are a realistic driver.
Where did you say you got that 560hp engine for the DAF from?

Anyway, I think it is more like that most new players tend to tweak their save games for multiplayer to be able to start with good to best equipment.
My choice of performance and equipment depends on the weight of the cargo. I have recently purchased a truck with 410hp for longhauls. It will likely pull most loads (heavy cargo excluded), but certainly not always and everywhere at the maximum allowed speed.

Still I do not feel treated unfairly if a speed limit forces me slow down and gives me a challenge to climb an incline.

I could not agree more.
Distractions in all their forms (phone, chat, radio, GPS, food, drinks, etc.) are a severe danger for the safety of road traffic, in addition to excessive speeds.
Their combination will sooner or later end in an accident.

Again it depends on what you drive, if you’re mr moneybags and drive every trip with a 700hp scania or Volvo, then even the steepest mountain passes aren’t a challenge. 

Its the fairest way way to set speed limits on specific routes. Not to mention, just because YOUR opinion is that it’s stupid to drive anything less than 400hp with any type of load, doesn’t mean everyone else in the server has the same opinion as you. It’s like me saying it’s naive of anyone to use anything more than 600hp to haul loads under 25tonnes, that’s my opinion, not the gospel, not the consistent factor, not th3 rule book.

well excuse me if I can’t remember the exact max he engine in the stock DAF XF E6. And I think most new players just drive whoever the game gives them, that’s my opinion, is it the truth? Dunno, about the same as your opinion really. Think of it this way, that “challenge” makes you much more vulnerable because those with light loads can hit the limiter whereas you might not be able to, so therefore, the chances of being rammed or have horns spammed at you increases dramatically as a result of low speed limits. 

Speed isnt such a contributor to wrecks, distracted driving is no.1 imo, dangerous overtaking is another, the number of wrecks I’ve seen due to excessive speed is much less than wrecks caused by failure to maintain lanes, dangerous overtaking andtrolling e.g. brake checking, ramming etc yes speed can cause an accident but it’s not a main reason, just a byproduct. 

12 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Not to mention, just because YOUR opinion is that it’s stupid to drive anything less than 400hp with any type of load, doesn’t mean everyone else in the server has the same opinion as you. It’s like me saying it’s naive of anyone to use anything more than 600hp to haul loads under 25tonnes, that’s my opinion, not the gospel, not the consistent factor, not th3 rule book.

In case you were not aware of the acronym IMHO, it means "In My Humble Opinion".
And in my humble opinion, it is naive to make such a choice. Naive, not stupid.

I do not expect everybody to agree to my opinion and I certainly do not force anybody to agree to it. I simply state it.
And like it or not, but I will not change my opinion unless somebody has reasonable arguments that convince me of the opposite.

On the other hand, if you have difficulties to understand my points, I will gladly explain them to you again. In the interest of the followers of this topic however, I cordially invite you to contact me via PM for a further discussions of this matter.

Think of it this way, that “challenge” makes you much more vulnerable because those with light loads can hit the limiter whereas you might not be able to, so therefore, the chances of being rammed or have horns spammed at you increases dramatically as a result of low speed limits. 

I think it is quite the opposite.
As a speed limit applies to all road traffic, it levels different velocities and consequently minimizes the risk of accidents drastically, if enforced. Also, slower velocities give more time to react.

Whereas horn spamming  is simply a lack of respect and not necessarily a specific sign for slow moving traffic.

Speed isnt such a contributor to wrecks, distracted driving is no.1 imo, dangerous overtaking is another, the number of wrecks I’ve seen due to excessive speed is much less than wrecks caused by failure to maintain lanes, dangerous overtaking andtrolling e.g. brake checking, ramming etc yes speed can cause an accident but it’s not a main reason, just a byproduct. 

You can hardly argue on one hand that slow speeds make one more vulnerable, and on the other hand that speed in general is not a big contributor to accidents.

Excessive speeds make vehicles more difficult to control and can lead to failure to maintain lanes, dangerous overtaking manoeuvres, the inability to slow down a vehicle in time, and more.
Speed is often underestimated and goes almost as often hand in hand with an overestimation of one's own skills.

@Joao Rodrigues From where I’m from, IMHO means, In My Honest Opinion, also Calling someone Naive is essentially calling someone stupid or dumb. The thing is, there’s stating your opinion and there’s ramming your opinions down someone’s throat because they disagree with you, that’s what you straddle the line of, most times you ram it down someone’s throat, others you just state it as an actual opinion and not a god given fact of life. 

Also, I do not contact those privately whom I dislike the way they talk to others, if you were civil, understanding and prepared to see things from the proverbial other side of the coin, fair enough, no arguments here, but it very much seems, and as you stated, you’ll only every change your views or rather reevaluate them if someone hands you 110% graphic proof of the opposite. Me, I’m prepared to see things from both sides, it’s how I base my opinion by looking at it from both the For and against. 

I disagree, terrain plays a big part, take for example, someone pulling a 30t load up the hill at the start of the C-D road on the Duisburg side, say the speed limit is 35mph, that persons truck might only be able to pull at 20mph, those with lighter loads will more likely be at the limit of 35, that’s a 15mph difference in a very dangerous area. Not only that, but anything coming downhill is affected by the laws of gravity meaning they might gain 5-10mph just by rolling downhill, that puts the person who would have been able to gain momentum and a higher speed for the hill, in a vulnerable place because it takes one impatient person and one distracted driver, which are the most common cause of accidents in the game, to cause a wreck involving everyone. 

Setting speed limits should be about balancing what’s safe for all traffic, light and heavy, and what stops people doing rediculous speeds in dangerous areas. 

Again, I ask, what qualifies as excessive speed, 5Mph over? 20? 50? 100 over? Speed isn’t a major factor, it’s the quality of the driving, it doesn’t matter if everyone does exactly 10mph, if someone either intentially or accidentally, starts losing control, whether because they aren’t paying attention or just are having a hard time driving, accidents will still happen. I’ll bet if you neutralise speed in accident prone areas, you’ll still get accidents occurring, all it takes is someone to turn too late or to stray into oncoming lanes and bam, you got a wreck to deal with. I’m not saying speed never plays a role at all, I’m saying it’s not the biggest contributor. I can remember in the days of the EP blockages, traffic could be crawling along, yet all it took was for someone being impatient or not paying attention to cause an accident that just snowballed the effects, it’s the same with the C-D road, it takes one impatient person or someone who’s too busy reading chat or doing something other than driving to either cause a head on or ram into the back of someone, even if they’re crawling at 5-10mph in traffic. 

Overestimation is perfectly true, it’s why anyone who says we should have a drivers ed server for training people, I’m 100% behind because trying to trust people that they know what they are doing and how to react obviously no longer works, especially when dealing with steam sale drivers, those who got the game when it’s cheap and decide to play TMP straight away with the bare minimum seat time. That’s the root cause of a lot of issues. That’s way physical and theoretical driving tests make sense, much like IRL, I mean you don’t just get your license immediately and go out driving, you have to prove that you are safe enough and have the correct skills and knowledge to drive, that how TMP should be treated, you can’t get more realistic than that. That then irons out the issues of those who simply make rookie mistakes and/or don’t follow simple rules of the road. I’ve lost count how many rookie drivers I’ve met driving literally the wrong way down the road, blaring their horn as if they are in the right. 

Archived