What is the best truck + parts combination?

Huirwell

Question

Hiiii

I just want to know what is the best truck + engine + transmission combination existing in game and avaible in multiplayer. I have:

-Truck: Scania Streamline Topline

-Chasis: 8x4

-Engine: DC16 103 730 Euro 6 v8

-Transmission: Opticruise GRSO 925R

Is there a fastest combination? Because I can go max 90 kmph without the speed limit and playing without any WoT trailer. Help me please :C

8 answers to this question

Hello,

There usually isn't such a thing as 'best', as at the end it's up to your own personal preference. Your truck is capable of going over 90 kmph surely. You need to double-check if you are not playing on Europe 1 (Where the speed is limited) and your Gameplay settings, whereas truck limiter must be disabled.

Also, here's a quote from a Steam Discussion related to your topic

To put it even more simply than above, the torque is the amount of weight an engine / transmission is able to move, from a lower speed to a higher speed aka how easily it will move a trailer ... For example, a 450HP / 1500Nm engine vs a 750HP / 3500Nm engine :

. 0 to 10 = 6s vs 3s
. 10 to 30 = 12s vs 8s
. 30 to 60 = 20s vs 12s
(speed in kph - no trailer involved - numbers not accurate but it's the general idea)

The small engine will do 0 to 60 kph in 38s and the big one in 23s.

Now, the weight of a trailer has a direct impact on the behaviour of the truck but almost any truck can move any trailer :

. 10 tons trailer, small engine = 40s, big engine = 25s
. 25 tons trailer, small engine = 70s, big engine = 50s
. 40 tons trailer, small engine = 120s, big engine = 70s
(speed from to 0 to 60 kph - numbers not accurate but it's the general idea)

You may need 450Hp to accelerate a trailer up to 60 kph but only need 1/10 of these 450 Hp to maintain the 60 kph. BTW, a 450HP engine can a move a 48 tons crane but only on the highway & city street, not into the quarry.

And you are right, the transmission should match the engine. Too much torque from the engine, and the transmission should be torn apart but the game does not work that way - any engine = any transmission. Maybe I'm mistaken because I used once a 2900Nm engine on a 2300Nm transmission and didn't have any problem.

Regards,

Martin.

Dear @FrekiTrucks, if you can't exceed 90kph you are probably either connected to a server with a global speed limit or you got the speed limiter enabled. In order to disable it, make sure to untick the 'Activate Speedlimiter' option in the gameplay-options menu as well as in the TMP-settings which you can access by opening the Tab-window, click the right mouse button and then click onto the settings-symbol at the bottom of the window. It is fine if you are going faster than the speed limit, but please still obey the rules and don't put other truckers in danger with reckless driving. Keep in mind that this is a truck sim and the main focus shouldn't be to go as fast as possible from A to B, so plese try to keep the speed at a sane level.

Let us know if you are satisfied with the answers given in this thread or if you need any further information.

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Just a note, as some people seem to have a mistaken idea: EU#1 server does have a "forced" speed limit, but that speed limit is not 90 Km/h, it's 110 Km/h. I usually do WoT jobs in EU#1, so my truck is automatically limited to 90 Km/h, but before picking a job (truck only), I can do 110 Km/h as soon as I leave the city limits (inside cities, the limit is 60 Km/h). The only ways to be limited to 90 Km/h are those already explained: Option enabled in the gameplay settings, option enabled in the MP settings or having chosen a World of Trucks job. If you pick a WoT job you are immediately limited to 90 Km/h, even before attaching the trailer.

• True Story 1

9 hours ago, [ST-E] T.Rucker said:

Dear @FrekiTrucks, if you can't exceed 90kph you are probably either connected to a server with a global speed limit or you got the speed limiter enabled. In order to disable it, make sure to untick the 'Activate Speedlimiter' option in the gameplay-options menu as well as in the TMP-settings which you can access by opening the Tab-window, click the right mouse button and then click onto the settings-symbol at the bottom of the window. It is fine if you are going faster than the speed limit, but please still obey the rules and don't put other truckers in danger with reckless driving. Keep in mind that this is a truck sim and the main focus shouldn't be to go as fast as possible from A to B, so plese try to keep the speed at a sane level.

Let us know if you are satisfied with the answers given in this thread or if you need any further information.

But I play in Europe 2 and with the speed limiter disabled